Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

we can probably do both, since they are in opposite directions. i agree that the capital needs to be self sustaining first, and then we can go after a quick expansion period.

Yes, the horses first then the production city.

Even the city with the horses would generate good production itself. With the horses generating hammers, and by placing a mine on that plains hill, we can reap good production, and with all the food resources, it'll pump out great growth potential.

Nothing wrong with big cities than have lots o' hammers... I can see our military growing very powerful, very quickly!!!

Even the city with the horses would generate good production itself. With the horses generating hammers, and by placing a mine on that plains hill, we can reap good production, and with all the food resources, it'll pump out great growth potential.

Nothing wrong with big cities than have lots o' hammers... I can see our military growing very powerful, very quickly!!!

As I said it will be a great hybrid city, good production and commerce from the coastline. Something we need early in a game on Monarch.

Turn session is finished and we are right on schedule. BW is finished and we are in anarchy adopting slavery. Our settler is being built and our worker is about half done with the resources in our bfc and will begin chopping next TS. I sent the 1st Imperial Warband on a training exercise (combat 1 now) and to scope out our city locations and to my surprise the horse city will also have clams. I started on pottery as a fill but will more than likely change when we have time to consider our tech path. I'll do a full turn report tomorrow but here is the save for now.

Attachments

• Civplayah BC-2500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    71.1 KB · Views: 179
3000 bc
Emperor Civius II began his reign this year which also marks the year his father passed away. Civius the 1st, former Regent and founder of the Octavian House was honored in a ceremonial buriel on the eve of his sons Coronation.

2925 bc
During the construction of our Work Boat the Octavian craftsmen could not come up with a proper way of steering the vessel. Civius the 1st sent them to request assistance from the House of Huber and they have been working on the idea ever since. This led to a great discovery beyond their dreams...

That night Vandal had a vision of weapons far more powerful than our wooden clubs. Like a prophet he gave great detail of their craftsmenship. I told him to keep the project secret and gave him all the funding he needed to pursue it.

2900 bc
Regent Vandal of Reichkaiser has requested that the empire begin constructing a formidable military as soon as possible. We cannot spare our limited resources to train a new warband at the moment. However the people in our outer provinces were complaining about wild beasts terrorizing them. I decided to let him take our 1st Imperial Warband to rid the Empire of the beasts and give the unit a little experience.

Vandal granted the entire unit a promotion to Combat 1 and the people of our eastern provinces threw them a heros parade. We also finished training a group of skilled workers to begin improving the land around Artok. I then gave Vandal the go ahead to train a second Imperial Warband.

2625 bc

With a new unit to protect the Capital I sent the 1st IW to our 2nd city location to await a band of settlers that we are training. They also cleared the FOW and exposed a clam resource that will be within the cities bfc. Thats 4 resources on our second city, again the Civ Gods have blessed us.

2500 bc
I had not seen Regent Vandal in many years. After returning from the Beast BAttles in the Eastern provinces he receded to the Reichkaiser House and stayed clear of the Palace politics. If I knew Vandal he was still pursuing his life dream and surely all the gold I was sending him over the years would pay off soon.....

He came to me in the middle of the night. I awoke to see a smile from ear to ear on the old Regents face. "We did it Civius" Vandal said, holding a wooden club with what appeared to be a shiny brownish red rock fastened to it. "This is bronze, the strongest material known to man". After spending the rest of the night I learned we only had a limited amount and until we found alot more of it we could not arm a unit with them. However they would be fitting for our workers to clear forest. "This will increase our production greatly" I said. Then I lowered my voice and began telling him of another way we could increase our production.....

Attachments

• Techs2500.JPG
    Techs2500.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 248
  • civics2500.JPG
    civics2500.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Religion2500.JPG
    Religion2500.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 242
Great Turnsession, and I like it how you made Bronze Working like a vision. My suggestion is to get Hunting and train a scout.

I would rather go Mysticism then Hunting. This way we will be able to begin chopping a monument the 1st turn city 2 is founded. Most of its resources will not be able to be worked until it expands from culture. Iron Working is too expensive right now so maybe Mysticism-Hunting-Archery as a tech path. What do you guys think?

I would rather go Mysticism then Hunting. This way we will be able to begin chopping a monument the 1st turn city 2 is founded. Most of its resources will not be able to be worked until it expands from culture. Iron Working is too expensive right now so maybe Mysticism-Hunting-Archery as a tech path. What do you guys think?

Since the two early religions are out of the way would going for writing be too much at this point? With horses soon on the way, that's always a path to look towards also.

Since the two early religions are out of the way would going for writing be too much at this point? With horses soon on the way, that's always a path to look towards also.

Mysticism can be researched in 10 turns while Writing will take 20. I just wanted to sneak it in before Hunting-Archery so we can begin chopping a monument in city 2 right away. Perhaps we could go with Mysticism-Writing but we'd have to replace scouts and Archers with all Chariots. This would leave our cities vulnerable to Barbarian Spears. Besides while the extra culture would be great IMO we should focus on expansion and defense right now.

Played the TS and we met our first victim....I mean Civilization. Shaka of the Native Americans. I'll do the turn report after work but here's the Save.

Attachments

• Emperor Civius BC-2000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    87.1 KB · Views: 222
2500 BC
The people are stll rioting in the streets. I guess Slavery isn't as popular as I thought it would be. I am dispatching the 2nd Imperial Warband to quell the resistance...

2475 bc
After 25 years of violence in the city of Artok the people finally laid down their arms. After a long and controversal reign, Civius II died in his sleep. His first son Civius III gained power and immediately came before the Artonian people promising them a better future.

2275 BC
Since the end of the revolution the Artonian people came together under Civius' vision of a large glorious empire. Many of the people labored in the farm lands and the Eastern Pasture. The Workers were busy constructing a mine in the North and their bronze axes were finished so they could begin chopping the forests next. Still more of our most experienced hut builders were setting off to build a new city in the west.

I commissioned a new group of workers to be trained . This will delay a popluation boom in Artok but I am thinking of the future.

2225 BC
A popular culture has begun spreading in the Artonian Empire. These "Mystics" are spreading the idea of God. I must keep a close eye on this...

I decided to start a popular culture of my own and maybe get the people back on track building a glorious Empire for me :king: ....I mean a glorious empire for all.

Meanwhile our fisherman were bringing in record profits so I was able to levy a tax and increase our commerce.

2200 BC

It had been 1800 years since Joao II slayed the mighty beast in the valley joining the great tribes. Until now we thought we were alone, that the Artonian Empire would unite the tribes of the world under one glorious Flag.....

Well he had a band of warriors carrying weapons from the future, he called them Archers, so I let him talk the talk. Shaka of the Native Americans would surely pay for his pride one day. I told him I wouldn't put his head on a pole just yet and sent him on his way. However I did send a few undercover Imperial Warriors with him to begin gathering info on him and his civilization.

Just after Shaka left I was summoned to the unveiling of our 2nd City....

2050 BC

We could now begin training Scouts to explore the lands beyond our Empire. Vandal came to me with a sketch of the weapons Shakas warriors were armed with. "Our warriors must have these Civius". Once again I told him he has all the funding he needs to make it happen.

2025 BC

The Mystics came to me with word that they had finished the great Monumant in Octavia. Surely a wonder for the Empire that will spread the Artonian culture throughout the lands.

I ordered a group of Scouts to be trained in Octavia while the Workers finished gathering and training the Horses.

2000 BC

Attachments

• Techs2000.JPG
    Techs2000.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 262
  • graph2000.JPG
    graph2000.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Espionage2000.JPG
    Espionage2000.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 210
Thanks Vandal I was really torn on letting Artok pop for the gold commerce before training the worker. In the end I felt like it would be better to get one more worker out first.

I'm gonna let you play the next TS as Regent if I am voted back in as Emperor. I have played 3 out of the 4 now and I think everyone should help shape the Empire.

I Lord William, of the house of Huber am unable to grant tribute due to the continue installment of slavery upon to lower classes of our society. It is the opinion of this House that the creation of such a society is not beneficial to anyone as the increased threat of violence destroys any gain made by the ruling class.

---------
OCC: (Although hell of a turn set man. Keep up the good work)

Finished 20 turns. We got Arkan founded and met Egypt and the Summerians. I also connected our three cities.
View attachment Regent Cathal Vahalax BC-1250.CivBeyondSwordSave

Here's the report-
Say hello to Lincoln!

Got Archery

We also found the Great Wall of Egypt!

Also met good 'ole Churchill

Welcome to our new production city, Arkan

???

We also got pottery, but I forgot to tak a screenie.

There you go, please post any tribute, or none at all for Emperor Civius III.

The house of Reichkaiser does not give tribute-

Top Bottom