Civ V Civilizations Roster

I really hope there'll be some SE Asia civ as the surprise civ.
It should be a civ that already play a big role for a milennia.
My guess it'll be siamese(SE Asia Mainland)
Or Indonesia(SE Asia Archipelago).
Both of them play a big role since pre colonization era.
But i highly doubt Indonesia. First, Siamese is more popular(although popular doesn't always mean mightier:lol:). Second, piracy level in Indonesia is too high(PC game only cost 5 bucks here, guys:lol:).
I'm crossing my fingers for a Polynesian civ. But I don't have much hope. ;)

I'll add the Aztecs to the list, I didn't see that jaguar as a clue before :p

Personally I'd like to see the Celts (& Boudica of course!) even though they've only been in extensions, except in Civ2. Perhaps they will put Sioux or Iroquois or both instead of Native Americans?

Isreal, or Nubia.
Since it was said that religions are to be kicked out of the game (and I still hope that this won't happen) I would not expect Israel.

What I do hope is that there won't be a hardcoded limit for nations to be in the game.
Why not let the player decide about the number of nations based on his machine?
If you have a new, powerful computer, why not playing with 32 nations (just as an example)?
18 of them would have been delivered by Firaxis, and (hopefully) the others would have been provided by our skilled modders.

Of course, the 'powerful computer' thing is hardly going to help if the game is poorly built...

Of course, the 'powerful computer' thing is hardly going to help if the game is poorly built...

Completely agree, but using that argument you might even discuss about having 18 nations. ;)

*feigned and melodramatic gasp of shock*

1. America
2. Barbarians
:lol:

Well, judging by the new leaderhead, it looks like the Germans are in, then.

The Inca and the Arabs were sortof in civ II, they basically had been programmed into the game but weren't given a "flag". It basically took 2 (literally) single number changes to the ruleset file to put them in the game...

Anyway, I would like to see it possible to play as a builder/trader/militaristic...and idealy a different type from each region of the world, but that's only an ideal...

6 builders
- Egypt
- China
- France
- America
- Arabs
- Greece

6 traders
- England
- Spain
- Mali
- India (Atleast under Asoka)
- Uzbeks/Scythians (Probably the best central asian choice in my opinion, with possibly Timur as a leader ? put in this category for the civs vital position along the silk road, whereby they derived most of their wealth from)
- Dutch

6 Militaristic
- Aztecs (I actually wish they weren't in though, Inca are a just plain better choice. Aztecs could basically be represented by a city state...)
- Germany
- Japan
- Persia
- Rome
- Mongols

I think:

Germany
America
Aztecs
Rome
Greece
Egypt
Britain (I hope they don't call it England again)
France
Russia
China
India
Arabia or Turkey
Inca or Maya
Mongols
Japan
Either Babylon, Sumeria, or the Hittites
An African civ, probably Ethiopia or Zulu
Another European civ, probably Spain, Netherlands, or Austria

Zulu really seems like a poor choice, historically speaking. I wonder if having them in the game somehow helps sales in South Africa. As a history teacher, I really approved substituting the far more accomplished Mali. The Songhai would be a good choice.

I think:

Germany
America
Aztecs
Rome
Greece
Egypt
Britain (I hope they don't call it England again)
France
Russia
China
India
Arabia or Turkey
Inca or Maya
Mongols
Japan
Either Babylon, Sumeria, or the Hittites
An African civ, probably Ethiopia or Zulu
Another European civ, probably Spain, Netherlands, or Austria

i'd say substitude Turkey with Ottoman ... the Ottoman empire had much more impact than Turkey have had ... and Ottoman and Hittites proberly wont be in the same game due to them covering basicly the same land area (true ... same argument could be run for Sumer/Babylon)

Furthermore i don't see Austria comming in due to the allready fairly flooded europe ... not that they don't have enough weight behind them, but they were a more relatively (as per timeperiod) local power than many of the other countries in the game

Well, first of all , I see a lot of people assuming 18 civs. Ok, it is a tradition, but they might throw that out of the window fast...

Second, Bismark is not a warrant for Germany :D As far as we know, there might be a Prussian civ ( hey , we already seen austrians and all the German leaders in Civ IV were Prussian :D ).

To end, if they make the usual 18 civs story, we will get the same bunch of core civs and exchange 1 or 2 wild cards. I can definitely see Ethiopia entering in there, given the way that civ was received in BtS...

sure it was the civ and not the speficic AI that got received well?

Here I have a list of the civilizations that might appear based on the chart above.

100%:
Americans
Aztecs
Chinese
Egyptians
English
French
Germans
Greek
Indians
Romans
Russians:

87%:
Japanese
Mongols
Persians
Spanish
Zulu

75%:
Babylonians

62%:
Arabs
Carthaginians
Celts
Native Americans
Vikings

50%:
Incans
Koreans
Ottomans

37%:
Malinese

25%:
Byzantines
Dutch
Maya
Portuguese
Sumerians

12%:
Austrians
Ethiopians
Hittites
Holy Romans
Khmer

18 civs isn't just a tradition, that's an officially confirmed number. Just check the description on their website.

Bismarck will remain an clue for Germany for now, since it was a German leader in the last game. But perhaps I'll be wrong ;)

According to Sian's review of the Danish magazine, England (Elizabeth), France (Napoleon) and Russia (Stalin) are confirmed too.

I'd say there are even better odds of the Persians, Japanese and Spanish being in the game as they have been since II, and they're both quite iconic. I think these 14 are lock-ins, but Firaxis could surprise us, I suppose.

Top Bottom