Civ 5 Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Suspiria ^. They could have made it a limit of number, 4 per tile, or something of that sort.

This means only 1 thing, VERY few units! Attacking a city with 10 units in 1 turn is impossible, so it will be like a long single file line of units just going in, 1 after the other, against a garrison building. So what if that 1 city had only 1 way to get units out? And city is surrounded, they are screwed.

The AI sounds great with tacitcal, war front, etc... but having to not defend your cities, having maybe under 20 units on a small map ? Nothing to do but make a single file line and play 'follow the leader' to the garrison. The strategy sounds immense.

No more Stack of Death. Now it is Single File Line of Attrition.

Tom

I agree with Suspiria ^. They could have made it a limit of number, 4 per tile, or something of that sort.

This means only 1 thing, VERY few units! Attacking a city with 10 units in 1 turn is impossible, so it will be like a long single file line of units just going in, 1 after the other, against a garrison building. So what if that 1 city had only 1 way to get units out? And city is surrounded, they are screwed.

The AI sounds great with tacitcal, war front, etc... but having to not defend your cities, having maybe under 20 units on a small map ? Nothing to do but make a single file line and play 'follow the leader' to the garrison. The strategy sounds immense.

No more Stack of Death. Now it is Single File Line of Attrition.

Tom

you should TM "Single File Line of Attrition" i have a feeling we will be hearing it more often

thanks for the info...

I wonder who will be the last 2 civ...

I think Isabella's Spain (or else, how would there be a cuban isolationnist scenario?) and Alexander's Greece...
Those are the two obvious missing for me

thanks for the info...

I wonder who will be the last 2 civ...

I think Isabella's Spain (or else, how would there be a cuban isolationnist scenario?) and Alexander's Greece...
Those are the two obvious missing for me

I would agree that they are the obvious choices, but whoever is in and whoever is left out, one thing is certain, you will here about it constantly until Firaxis relents and added them to a expansion pack.

just listing the missing ones (including the likely lucky two - no particular order):
Greece
Spain
Persia
Babylonia/Sumer
Celts
Mali
Zulu
Native Americans
Vikings
Portugal
Netherlands
Ethiopia

Am I citing the Civ IV Roster?

Khmer
HRE
Byzantine Empire
Carthage

And the legendary missing one:

Poland
Canada
Austria-Hungary
Australia
Indonesia
Thai...

That's quite a list!!!

Anyone noticed that in the Eurogamer article, they mention Victoria?

Anyone noticed that in the Eurogamer article, they mention Victoria?

Yer thats why I haven't added any thing from them to my list, They obviously didn't fact check it before publication or on the other hand everyone else could be wrong

theres a picture of the interface in another thread. Health and coins you can add as confirmed. And settlers, workers, and warriors if they're not already confirmed. The foreign advisor is a female too. Oh and the game starts in 4000 BC as we all might have guessed.

the victoria thing makes me think that there is a quite developped art of Stalin in the PC Jeux whereas we know there is already Cathy for russians...maybe there are some civ with several leaders!!!

So Victoria and Stalin, add Louis XIV, Abe or FDR, Mao, Kublaï and maybe Fred...
that's would be a cool thing!!!

I don't remember any of the preview saying there's only one leader per civ (and we didn't have any explicit info). A good guess would be that it seemed obvious for reviewer that there is different leaders for some civ, since it was like that last time. For CivIV, it was new that each leader for a civ was different from each other.

Thanks for the updates
Keep on going

Also, put this sticky

the victoria thing makes me think that there is a quite developped art of Stalin in the PC Jeux whereas we know there is already Cathy for russians...maybe there are some civ with several leaders!!!

So Victoria and Stalin, add Louis XIV, Abe or FDR, Mao, Kublaï and maybe Fred...
that's would be a cool thing!!!

I don't remember any of the preview saying there's only one leader per civ (and we didn't have any explicit info). A good guess would be that it seemed obvious for reviewer that there is different leaders for some civ, since it was like that last time. For CivIV, it was new that each leader for a civ was different from each other.

I thought people said that that picture was of Bismark and not of Stalin. I could be wrong though. I also though they mentioned in other articles that there was only 1 leader per Civ.

the front runners seam to be Babylon, Vikings, Spain, Persia and Greece

a lot of worthy candidates but only two slots, and one or both could be civs not mentioned above

Which means some "big name" civs that were in the initial Civ4 release are going to be left out. Greece has been around since Civ 1 so I'd be shocked if they somehow weren't in. I think it's between Persia and Spain; both should really be in IMO but I'd go with Spain getting the nod.

Yer I read through that one, but they quoted the ENglish leader to be Victoria instead of Elizabeth which is what we see in the images and was reported by other news outlets, So I'm going to wait until the info in Eurogamers gets corroborated before I add it.

What other new outlets?
Any links else, besides IGN?

You're missing Budapest in the city-states roster.

um no, its there

Singapore, Rio de Janeiro, Budapest, Florence confirmed. Updated

I'll add the stuff from eurogamer when I get home tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom