Issues Downloading (Fixed)

Charybdis

Scion Doomgiver
Got a new PC yesterday, and I'm having issues getting the file through the official link.

Does anyone know of another site hosting it?

I need to hook up my old computer tomorrow anyway so I might find the install file on there (I rarely delete those sort of things) but have an itching for FF now...

Unfortunately my old PC did not have the install file (and I uninstalled everything to give my old PC to my daughter as a b'day gift), and now I cannot play FF :(

Anyone got a workable download?

Yer in my predicament, unfortunately. The download link has broken, and seems to have been broken for quite a long while now (years?) I, and others have complained but nothing is happening. Try out Rise from Erebus, it's a mod based on Fall Further I believe. In any case, it should have most, hopefully all, the features of Fall Further. Downloading it now.

Yer in my predicament, unfortunately. The download link has broken, and seems to have been broken for quite a long while now (years?) I, and others have complained but nothing is happening. Try out Rise from Erebus, it's a mod based on Fall Further I believe. In any case, it should have most, hopefully all, the features of Fall Further. Downloading it now.

Whilst I'm certainly not active in the Civ-modding community of late, having bowed out a few years past when my family was going through "a bit of a rough time" (which if I'm being perfectly frank, was a lot more important), I did pass by the forums just now so I will address the lack of functioning download link.

Basically, the mod was developed 5 years ago. The original source files for the mod were present on a hard drive that was in a PC 3 iterations ago (i.e. I've done 2 full rebuilds since then, the latest of which was from scratch). I suspect that somewhere around there is a hard drive with a copy of the files on, though I have no confidence in being able to find it. The link stayed functional as long as the original server it was hosted on did, which apparently no longer is the case.

You mentioned the RiFE mod as a possible alternative and I wholeheartedly agree with that suggestion. I did play some of that mod when I came across it (by which time it was already a good year or more into its development) and enjoyed it. I spoke with the creators, was invited to participate in their development forums and (for what it's worth) gave it my blessing. I very much enjoyed the world that Kael developed and the additions the community made to it through ModMods (a term I think I coined, but couldn't swear to it) so I was glad to see it continue from where I left it.

I did however also catch your comment, Eragi, in the download thread - something about "hating lazy mod developers" and "hoping the reason I hadn't updated was because I was dead". As it turns out, it wasn't actually me that died, which leaves me in a position to call you out for being the worst sort of self-entitled, reprehensible internet troll I've had the displeasure of coming across. The Modmod was a community effort (I was only responsible for the start of it and being "the face") half a decade ago and I suspect it's best that you missed it - you wouldn't have been welcome in the community I remember.

============

With that little bit of unpleasantness out of the way - I'll say "hello" to any of the old faces that are still around (the site tells me I last logged in September 2011, so I've been a little bit lax...)

I don't think I'm back in any active sense, but I do have a certain nostalgia for "the good old days".

@Vehem:

RifE is great, I play that quite a lot, but as you know they made several changes to FF, so every now and then I enjoyed firing up a game of FF for certain of the original features. Unfortunately I recently had to do an uninstall and clean install of Civ 4, which included uninstalling previously installed mods, including FF, so ....

@Athaboros:

Thank you *very* much for the uploads, it'll be fun to play the occasional game of FF, particularly the FF implementation of the Jotnar, among others.

@Athaboros, thanks for uploading that.

Vehem, it's good to see you. FF was always one of my favorite iterations of FFH.

Charybdis, I've uploaded FF0.51 and patch C to my Google Drive; you can access them here. These should be the most recent versions of the mod.

Thanks for that - if you're happy to keep that file on the drive for a while, I can redirect the posted download link to it for others to find it that way?

I don't think the traffic is particularly high these days, but it is a fairly hefty file so I wanted to check with you first...

Thanks for that - if you're happy to keep that file on the drive for a while, I can redirect the posted download link to it for others to find it that way?

I don't think the traffic is particularly high these days, but it is a fairly hefty file so I wanted to check with you first...

I think Google Drive has pretty good bandwidth, so that should be fine; space isn't an issue. Feel free to do so for now; I can always re-upload somewhere else if need be.

I think Google Drive has pretty good bandwidth, so that should be fine; space isn't an issue. Feel free to do so for now; I can always re-upload somewhere else if need be.

Thanks - I've switched the download link over to point your way.

I'd still recommend people take a look at RiFE for a more actively developed mod, but this is back up here for those who want it, thanks to Athaboros.

I've also been in touch with the chap that used to host our server (including the SVN) - he says he should have backups of it all, so there may even be source code still around. I'll investigate further when I next see him in person.

Vehem, thanks for all you have done. Always considered you one of the most talented and creative modders. I still remember, the thing that got me into modding was to tweak the python of the jungle spread mechanic for mazatl.

I always knew that some day you would post here again. Good luck, whatever your next project may be

Anyone have patch C cant find it anywhere :/
Patch C is in Athaboros's google drive page above. I've also fixed the main download thread links to go to his working copies should anyone stumble across this thread and think things are still missing. At some point we should probably get things onto a more reliable location than cloud storage for this mod ie ModDB, Internet Archive, Nexus Mods, or Sourceforge. Many large size mods use those sites and they don't go down.

Top Bottom