• The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
80's guy here.

Interestingly, the poll results look like normal distribution. Damn you, central limit theorem!

90's here. Civilization III was my first Civ game. I remember launching a dictionary attack on the password on the family computer late at night so I could complete the Japan scenario in Conquests (the password was always European capitals. 50-odd choices and the right one was the second to last one I wrote out. RNG please.)

Now I'm in my 20's, still playing Civilization, liking CiV quite a bit (though Civ IV is still my favourite with mods,) shaking my head at the overdramatic 'I'll never play Civ again because of V,' and wishing that just for once Alexander would not backstab. Just once. One game.

I'm from the 80's and also got a little confused in reading the second post on this thread, and realizing it was from 10 years ago.

Happy 10th birthday to this thread, though, made 10 years ago this month! Impressive.

I'm from the 80's and also got a little confused in reading the second post on this thread, and realizing it was from 10 years ago.

Happy 10th birthday to this thread, though, made 10 years ago this month! Impressive.
I didn't even notice that! Major necro is major, I guess. :crazyeye:
93...man I'm surprised there are so many adults that play Civ
'cuz the rest of the people belonging to the age group of the 0.68% minority to which I belong are too busy playing their hooligan first-person shooters like Cod (naming an FPS after a fish? :hmm: ) to sit down and enjoy a nice game of strategery.* :p

*Intentionally misspelled, pronounce like Struh-TEE-jur-ee

EDIT: Only a year later do I realize what Sedwick was talking about. :cringe: Misspelling of my intentional misspelling corrected.

I'm from the 40ies and I'm crying unfair. A lot of my era is dead. Unfair.

Keep on trucking, man. Isn't there a rule somewhere that you aren't allowed to use techs developed after you were born? Muhahaha. (I'm pushing forty, so I guess the Internet is out for me. No more cultural victories.)

^^Something similar happened to me, except that i came back to civ 4. I used to think civ 2 as the best game, but then i saw civ 4 and it was even better.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Beyond Earth forum - many of our new users may not have voted yet!

(5169 votes so far)

I see an interesting pattern:

Start with the '80s as a baseline.
The '70s is approximately half of the '80s.
The '60s are approximately half of the '70s.
The '50s are approximately half of the '60s.
The '40s are approximately half of the '50s.
The '30s have mostly died off.

In the other direction
The '90s are approximately half of the '80s.
Most of the '00s haven't developed a great appreciation of Strategy games yet.

I also think forums are not a form of communication that people born in the 00's seem to embrace.

Also I'm not sure how 64 is "approximately half' of 215, more like a small third.

Is the 00's your decade Teproc?

Early 50's here.

JosEPh :old:

1973. :scan:

Top Bottom