Great Person generation like in Civ 5 possible?

Slarki

Warlord
>If there is already a thread about it, send me the link.

I would like to know if it would be easy to change the system how the great persons are generated to something like in Civ 5. So it's no longer percentage based, but depends on how many points you have for each specific great person.

When I'm planning to have for example great merchants only in this mod, It's very difficult not to have a slightly chance to spawn someone elsem due to other important national wonders.
I don't know about possible balancing issues. Was there already a discussion for this?

>If there is already a thread about it, send me the link.

I would like to know if it would be easy to change the system how the great persons are generated to something like in Civ 5. So it's no longer percentage based, but depends on how many points you have for each specific great person.

When I'm planning to have for example great merchants only in this mod, It's very difficult not to have a slightly chance to spawn someone elsem due to other important national wonders.
I don't know about possible balancing issues. Was there already a discussion for this?

I don't think we've discussed this before. But to tell the truth I'm reluctant to change something that's working in the mod. Right now we're focusing on polishing things rather than add new content or changing working game mechanics if there's no really solid reason to do it. What you're suggesting could be good but it's a matter of preferences to me, hence I'm dubious it's worth it.

Yeah I don't see how civ 5's system is necessarily better. I like the randomness in civ4's system personally.

Randomness means less control, that's what I don't like.

It's actually pretty easy to have cities set up to only generate a certain kind of person - as long as you don't go building things that automatically add GPP for other types (Like Castle Gardens for Artists in a city intended to produce Spies)

Randomness means less control, that's what I don't like.
That's a matter of preference, not something missing in the game. Other people prefer the other way (me, for example); I'm sorry but this feature isn't likely to be changed.

Top Bottom