newbie question - probably ALU

galadial

Chieftain
Hi my empire has two two tiles of aluminium but i have 0 aluminium that i can use. Do i need to improve it or disocver a tech to use it? I can't build a mine on it so not sure what the probelm is?

You should be able to build a mine on it as long as it is in your cultural borders. If you can see the aluminum then you already have the prerequisite tech needed to collect it, so that isn't the problem. Is the aluminum on a tile with swamp or jungle? If you don't tech masonry or iron working in order to clear those obstacles first, you won't be able to build a mine over the resource.

Spoiler :
If you don't tech masonry or iron working in order to clear those obstacles first, you won't be able to build a mine over the resource.

You can't get electricity without researching masonry/ironworking. If it's within your cultural borders and you don't have any other civilian unit on it, you can put a worker there and make a mine, that will remove whatever previous improvement you had on the tile. note that GP improvements will connect strategics.

Mine the tile. At that stage all the prerequisites have been met.

Spoiler :
If you don't tech masonry or iron working in order to clear those obstacles first, you won't be able to build a mine over the resource.

You can't get electricity without researching masonry/ironworking. If it's within your cultural borders and you don't have any other civilian unit on it, you can put a worker there and make a mine, that will remove whatever previous improvement you had on the tile. note that GP improvements will connect strategics.

I just assumed, I didn't have the tech tree in front of me and you can get pretty far down the line without teching certain things. My apologies.

I just assumed, I didn't have the tech tree in front of me and you can get pretty far down the line without teching certain things. My apologies.

no need to apologize, I just remember the farthest you can go is architecture because I tried the beakers overflow once.

Top Bottom