RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

I use this Battle of Hampton Roads chromolithograph as my wallpaper. I love this picture for some reason.

Maybe it's more logical to glorify Virginia's battles as Great Work of Art instead of its demise. Either way, all of these pictures are worth to be called "Great Work of Art".

No idea, honestly. TPangolin offered to "have people do" a Sharpshooter icon and an Antebellum Manor model, if I helped him put together the Zapotecs, and I accepted the offer. DJSHenninger did a lovely Sharpshooter icon, but TPang hasn't said anything about who is working on the model.

It's looking a lot like the CSA is going to be the next civ released, and they're coming up quickly. Hopefully within the month! Other than the UI art, the only thing I need is mod support. How does everyone feel about these Decisions and their costs?

Establish the Golden Circle
A secret society, calling themselves the "Knights of The Golden Circle", has apparently gained significant power in our country, and they claim their ultimate motive is the transformation of several nearby city-states into slave-states, under the rulership of our proud nation.

Requirements: Player must be Confederate States, Player must be at war with a City-State, May not be enacted in the Ancient Era, May only be enacted once per game.

Costs: 1 Magistrate, 500 Gold, 100 Culture

Rewards: Military Units are 50% more effective at intimidating City-States, Captured City-States experience no resistance time.

Raise the CSS Virginia
Steamships are the favored topic of discussion amongst our admirals and sailors these days, and they all agree that we need one for our fleet. A recently-sunken Frigate may be the prime option for conversion into an "Ironclad" warship.

Requirements: Player must be Confederate States, Player must have discovered Industrialization, Player must have a coastal city, may only be enacted once per game.

Costs: 1 Magistrate, 1000 Gold, 1 Frigate

Rewards: Receive a unique Ironclad that is 33% stronger when fighting other Naval units and gains Culture from kills. Upon its sinking, receive a free Great Work of Art.

I think it sounds awesome! If one is worried about a highly upgraded frigate becoming the new unit, perhaps it is possibly to add another prerequisite. That you have to have a frigate in a city (and that frigate gets disbanded)?

I've been looking forward for this civ very much. Always played the CSA in North & South :)

If all is done, how did you find a GDR civ ? :D

Leader: Walter Ulbricht
Trait: Arbeit für alle/Work for everyone - If a worker is stationed in a city, the city get a production boost of 5% and 10% if you have choosen a ideology. You can buy worker with your population or expend workers to boost your food.

UU: NVA/NPA (Nationale Volksarmee/ National People´s Army ) - Replaces the infantry. +20% more power in friendly zones. +1 Happiness and cultere if stationed in a city and +2 of both if the city is the capital.

UB: Car factory - Replaces the factory. Needs no coal but 2 iron. +10% Production and +2 Production for every mine with coal and iron. You get the strategic resource "Car". You can expend the ressource as a upgrade in your city for civil and infantry units. This units get +2 movement points for 30 turns, after this they can get the upgrade again

Hope my english wasnt too terrible

And a terrible try without a lot of love icon

( I have only paint )

Attachments

• DDR Icon.JPG
    DDR Icon.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 816
That's a really interesting idea. I don't think I like the Car Factory because every civilization has cars at some point. That being said, a GDR civilization would be very interesting, alongside a seriously thought out North Korea (not trying to compare the two!)

It's looking a lot like the CSA is going to be the next civ released, and they're coming up quickly. Hopefully within the month! Other than the UI art, the only thing I need is mod support. How does everyone feel about these Decisions and their costs?

Establish the Golden Circle
A secret society, calling themselves the "Knights of The Golden Circle", has apparently gained significant power in our country, and they claim their ultimate motive is the transformation of several nearby city-states into slave-states, under the rulership of our proud nation.

Requirements: Player must be Confederate States, Player must be at war with a City-State, May not be enacted in the Ancient Era, May only be enacted once per game.

Costs: 1 Magistrate, 500 Gold, 100 Culture

Rewards: Military Units are 50% more effective at intimidating City-States, Captured City-States experience no resistance time.

Raise the CSS Virginia
Steamships are the favored topic of discussion amongst our admirals and sailors these days, and they all agree that we need one for our fleet. A recently-sunken Frigate may be the prime option for conversion into an "Ironclad" warship.

Requirements: Player must be Confederate States, Player must have discovered Industrialization, Player must have a Frigate stationed in a coastal city, may only be enacted once per game.

Costs: 1 Magistrate, 1000 Gold, 1 Frigate

Rewards: Receive a unique Ironclad that is 33% stronger when fighting other Naval units and gains Culture from kills. Upon its sinking, receive a free Great Work of Art.

those sound good to me! Very pleased that this one is so close to fruition.

Dat Trabbi <3

How about this?

---

UB: Kombinat (replaces Factory)
More expensive than the Factory it replaces. However, it also confers a +10% :c5science: Science bonus for every 10 base :c5production: Production in the City, to a maximum of 50%. Contains an additional slot for a Great Scientist.

---

The Kombinante, with regards to heavy industry in East Germany, didn't just cover factories and so forth. They also incorporated industrial research groups, hence the bonus to Science output. Of course, it's rather different to the original design, but I agree with RS: while it's thematically appropriate to upgrade your units with dat Trabbi, everyone has cars at some point. Just ask the Nebuchadnezzar Memorial Heavy Industry Concern. =]

The CSA seems to be fully functional, apart from a unique graphic for the Antebellum Manor. Really just waiting on the person working on it to be happy with it (and they can take their time, as what I've seen of it already looks very lovely), then it's onto final playtesting.

Oh, and I also need to get CharlatanAlley to record the DOM speech, but that's less vital.

Just been on the JFD thread with some suggestions (one being the CSA), they turned me to you saying I'd have a better chance, so here goes:

Fascist Great Britain

Oswald Mosley - Strength Through Unity (Workers within a city will generate +10%:c5production:, Mines generate +1:c5science:)
UU - Blackshirt (Replaces Infantry, generates :c5science: upon killing an enemy unit.)
UU/UB ??

There was a reddit discussion on r/civ about US State civs, I pointed them at your California and Texan civs (yes, they represent the independent republics, but still). Made me wish for the time/skill to make an Arkansas civ :/.

Soon, soon...

All will be revealed in due time.

Whaaaa!
Hype train is on fire!

Top Bottom