LS Civilization Set

Do the Australians have YNAEMP compatibility? Because I've been looking all over for some more Australia-based civs.
As stated in opening post: "YnAEMP Compatibility Patch by JFD (include sets 1-10, Imbangala and Vikings)."

Anyway, I can add coordinates for the newest civs if you link me the maps. However, in my opinion it is something you should do on your own.

As stated in opening post: "YnAEMP Compatibility Patch by JFD (include sets 1-10, Imbangala and Vikings)."

Anyway, I can add coordinates for the newest civs if you link me the maps. However, in my opinion it is something you should do on your own.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13628865&postcount=1713

All the maps can be found in there.

And I respect your opinion, but I am inclined to disagree. Making sure that your mods are compatible with other commonly used mods like YNAEMP, Events & Decisions, Civ IV Leader Traits or Cultural Diversity should be the modder's responsibility, not the player's. You're not obligated to do anything, of course, but it seems like common courtesy to the players that want to play your civs with all these other great mods out there. Especially considering virtually everyone else with a sizable topic on this forum (JFD, Colonialist Legacies, More Civs, Tomatekh, Patria Grande, DJSHenniger) does include support for several of these mods.

Is it possible to post a direct download link for Australia for us Mac players who can't download from Steam? Super excited to play it!

The link is in the description on steam.

And here is edited TSL patch for the newest creations: Responsibility. I am not sure if it needs references, but I doubt it. Have fun.

I have updated set XI (precisely Israel and Vikings).
~fixed Israeli text not appearing (provided by hokath)
~tweaked Israeli UA: Gain Culture from moving Settlers. Units have +2 Movement and Sight until Capital is found.
First of all, I have removed Faith, because acquiring Pantheon without city is crashing game. I was playing with 20 minimum Faith for Pantheon so I hadn't face it before. In exchange Culture is boosted to 2 per tile. Well, I didn't add any kind of AI support for moving starting settler, didn't feel I can handle it. Human player can now truely choose best spot for Capital without delay.
~Viking Longship's ability to dessant land unit becomes obsolete with Reinassance era (that filthy AI and their army of Gattling Guns).

Have only delayed it 5 months, but I think none of my mods is in need of updating now. Time passed so quickly.

I am not gonna write a tutorial (according to my colleagues I have legendary 0 points in teaching skills). Placing additional Natural Wonders and making game scripts consider extra NW in placing process are two different things.

On the other hand, thanks to this JFD's index, I might release a civ from time to time. I somehow find playing in photoshop relaxing.

The UU is historically inaccurate... shophet is more of a great general, not a warrior.

How is shophet a great writer?

https://www.gci.org/bible/hist/weapons
Shoftim were chieftains, not a Khans. They weren't leading an army, just a small amount troops and they were fighting actually (GG is civilian :)). I think early-unit clearing nearby Barbarians portraits them perfectly. What is more, I don't see any gameplay reason for GG. However, I can change name to Sickle-Swordsman... in next update :cool:.

From my ~40 civs, you actually like Cherokee. Well, that's somehow interesting. Anyway, glad you enjoy some of civs.

Some (most) players should know the ability:

I.... have an idea for a scout replacement.

Cherokee are my clear favorite out of your civs.

No reason to dislike. I am ok with whatever you like even if it may be some kind of surprise to me (Cherokee is at most Top30 in my eyes). I have simply a bit different critterias about what I except from civilization. However, in the end the most deciding moment is when I random the civ and I am like "hmm, ok" or "this gonna be good". I have recently made Sumer that almost made me wanted to play a game... in the end Niko Bellic was more interesting than bothering to gather up all the mods.

I have read Cherokee traits and found out that Steam version is outdated. I haven't even bothered to upload last changes to the set. Mainly buffing Numidian UB from 25% to 33% and I think Hittites are gonna have new ability (more balanced between AI and Human). Btw, Numidia Top10, Hittites Top20.

How I decide which civs I like more is based on:

1. To what extent the uniques
    • fit my playstyle
    • make me want to try a new one
  2. How interesting the uniques are
  3. The historical accuracy of the uniques

This is why I love the Kingdom of Jerusalem, because it scores 100% on all three.

Top Bottom