A New Dawn Beta Builds

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry! I'm 85% done. In the final testing stages.

I have noticed that the AI is still getting contacted automatically- is this something that you are fixing?

And....I'm giving it all she's got, Capt'n!

Plus, I believe that Mastery is working with Vassals now, right?

I have noticed that the AI is still getting contacted automatically- is this something that you are fixing?

You mean where the AI requests you, but then they offer no trades? Is it still buggy? Darn, I thought I fixed it...

Plus, I believe that Mastery is working with Vassals now, right?

Yes it is. :p

You mean where the AI requests you, but then they offer no trades? Is it still buggy? Darn, I thought I fixed it...
Actually, according to the text it looks like the PC is the one requesting the AI.....and as time goes on it requests meetings with more AIs. Started with one, now it is up to 2 a turn.

I had noticed that with 1.55, where the AI contacts you and then acts just like you talked to them.

Actually, according to the text it looks like the PC is the one requesting the AI.....and as time goes on it requests meetings with more AIs. Started with one, now it is up to 2 a turn.

I had noticed that with 1.55, where the AI contacts you and then acts just like you talked to them.

I think I found it now. I set it so it should no longer happen. Please, Please, Please tell me if it still happens in Beta3.

oh yea that. i thought i was clicking there name accidently as they were doing there turns or something

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the unicode numbers instead of the unicode characters?

I reacted to this post:

I just installed the new version modmod. I'm from China, using a Chinese version Windows Vista. So... everytime before I play the new version mod, I must change all non-ANSI characters to ANSI characters in the xml files. ( for example: ä ö ß ) -_- ( by the codepage of Chinese version Windows, these characters can not be identified. )
And then I saw that the original Civ4 always uses the &#...;-code and never the ä,ö,ü, so I thought that there will be a reason behind it.

Sorry, if I am talking stupid things, these are my first contacts with xml ...

I reacted to this post:
I just installed the new version modmod. I'm from China, using a Chinese version Windows Vista. So... everytime before I play the new version mod, I must change all non-ANSI characters to ANSI characters in the xml files. ( for example: ä ö ß ) -_- ( by the codepage of Chinese version Windows, these characters can not be identified. )

And then I saw that the original Civ4 always uses the &#...;-code and never the ä,ö,ü, so I thought that there will be a reason behind it.

Sorry, if I am talking stupid things, these are my first contacts with xml ...

I am completely unfamiliar with the text XML for other languages, I have no idea if one is preferred over the other...

I guess me and you both are in the same boat, so to speak.

so is that 85% 100% yet :p

Figures, CFC goes down right while I was writing this post.:rolleyes:

All right folks, A New Dawn Beta3 is up! Loads of new Features, detailed below.

5 New Game Options:
No Warlords
Removes Warlord units from the game
Assimilation
Captured Cities can still build the original Civ's UU and UB's
Flexible Difficulty
If you fall to the bottom 20%, your difficulty level is lowered by one, if you rise to the top 20%, your difficulty level is raised by one.
Final Five
Each 50 turns (scaled for gamespeed), the lowest score Civilization is killed off from the game, until only 5 remain to duke it out
Increasing Difficulty
Each 50 turns (scaled for gamespeed), your difficulty level rises by one.

BugFixes:
  • The AI should no longer contact you with nothing to trade. If the AI still does in Beta3, please report it!
  • Jungles, Forests and Improvements will no longer affect health or happiness if they are not in your city cross and you don't own the tiles they are on
  • Missing TXT_KEY's have been fixed
  • Himeji Castle Help text has been corrected

New Features:
  • Defense now has a hover box, with a breakdown where defense comes from and suggested buildings. If the hover defense and your city defense don't match up, it's because Terrain Defense is a hidden characteristic, and not included in the regular city score. (But trust me, it matters).
  • Republic and Democracy with better RoM cause anarchy if the player attempts to raise taxes
  • The tax rate has been revealed to the main screen, so players can better track their taxation.
  • Buildings requiring terrain in the city radius now show the terrain button in the civilopedia
  • The way UnitClassProductionModifiers is shown on buildings (like the wheelright) is vastly improved, and will list the UU, if any.
  • New German translations for much of AND. Thanks Snofru1!
  • Domesticated Animals Modmod added!
  • Retreat Modmod Added!
  • Disbanding units in your territory will now give 1/4 their production cost back as gold. This can be disabled in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

Love it thanks so muhc :D I really like hte idea of refunding gold when you disband to.... hehe

I have noticed that Villa which must be required Partician is required Democracy now. need to fix it again.

That is (partly) my fault, I haven´t replaced all those special characters, but some older

translations contain them, too. A copy/replace of the following would be necessary:

ä & #228;
ö & #246;
ü & #252;
Ä & #196;
Ö & #214;
Ü & #220;
ß & #223;

(Without the space between & and #)

I could do that quite easily with Notepad++ and post all Text-XMLs here, but maybe it´s simpler for you, Afforess,

if you do it by yourself (if you care, anyway).
And I promise, to include this in all future translations :yup: .

BTW: Not sure if there might be an issue with french/italien/spanish like é etc.

Yes, there is an issue with french/italien/spanish characters like é, ó, à in the Chinese version operation

system. I think it also will be an issue in other languages like Japenese or Korean.

And for the original RoM, these characters is still there. So I replaced them all with ANSI characters.

Maybe the best idea is providing a special version text XMLs file for non-European languages. ( It can just

include English version text without others. )

I uploaded all XML files that i already changed for RoM 2.81 normal and A New Dawn 1.60beta3 separately, I wish it

can help.

There are all characters and HEX code below that must be replaced by ANSI characters.

Spoiler :

á â à ä ß ¿ ¡ í î é è ê ó ö ô Ü ü ù û ç

è & # 232
é & # 233
ó & # 243
á & # 225
¿ & # 191
í & # 237
¡ & # 161

Fixed Text XMLs of Original RoM 2.81 ( Standard ):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=240113&stc=1&d=1263458610

Fixed Text XMLs of AND 1.60 beta3 ( Fully Installed ):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=240114&stc=1&d=1263459818

Yes, there is an issue with french/italien/spanish characters like é, ó, à in the Chinese version operation

system. I think it also will be an issue in other languages like Japenese or Korean.

And for the original RoM, these characters is still there. So I replaced them all with ANSI characters.

Maybe the best idea is providing a special version text XMLs file for non-European languages. ( It can just

include English version text without others. )

I uploaded all XML files that i already changed for RoM 2.81 normal and A New Dawn 1.60beta3 separately, I wish it

can help.

There are all characters and HEX code below that must be replaced by ANSI characters.

Spoiler :

á â à ä ß ¿ ¡ í î é è ê ó ö ô Ü ü ù û ç

è & # 232
é & # 233
ó & # 243
á & # 225
¿ & # 191
í & # 237
¡ & # 161

Fixed Text XMLs of Original RoM 2.81 ( Standard ):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=240113&stc=1&d=1263458610

Fixed Text XMLs of AND 1.60 beta3 ( Fully Installed ):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=240114&stc=1&d=1263459818

Hi Lichen, First of all I'm glad to see Asian civ user hear! I'm from korea. anyway I have a program which fixes XML problem developed by korean user. Use and enjoy this!

Attachments

• CIV4XmlFixer.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 147
Afforess & Generalstaff,

Personally, I think you should toss out Warlords of old and add in this new Warlords Vincentz created.

That way, Afforess, you can erase out that Warlords option from Custom Game and make warlords an option in the Install process list because 1) Zappara will include that new one in 2.9 anyway and 2) the old style Warlords is bugged AND OverPowered.

Generalstaff, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you look at that code of the new Warlords and consider modifying your Nobles to follow that code path because that would make for a lot cooler and useful units.

Basically, the new Warlords are playable units that will give you (S) units when your units defeat enough enemies, and also give you (S) units if you capture the enemies' Warlords too.

That would make Nobles a lot cooler too if Generalstaff decide to go down that path :).

Afforess & Generalstaff,

Personally, I think you should toss out Warlords of old and add in this new Warlords Vincentz created.

That way, Afforess, you can erase out that Warlords option from Custom Game and make warlords an option in the Install process list because 1) Zappara will include that new one in 2.9 anyway and 2) the old style Warlords is bugged AND OverPowered.

Generalstaff, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you look at that code of the new Warlords and consider modifying your Nobles to follow that code path because that would make for a lot cooler and useful units.

Basically, the new Warlords are playable units that will give you (S) units when your units defeat enough enemies, and also give you (S) units if you capture the enemies' Warlords too.

That would make Nobles a lot cooler too if Generalstaff decide to go down that path :).

I agree on this.

btw, I see you still repeat the following in your MLF - does it mean that I need to turn it off twice:mischief:
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Vicinity</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

Arrgh! How do I get rid of the "Red" interface. I did a complete/full install forgetting that I can't see stuff when the interface is red :(

Top Bottom