The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

I was just about to ask about the modern city list, considering the map says Vrhbosna (not Sarajevo) and it isn't the capital, but COF got there first.

Also, the colour scheme seems a bit too close to Sweden's...

I made a new map which puts Bobovac (it was the capital during the reign of the Kotromanic dynasty) as the Capital and uploaded it here a few pages ago.

I think that the color scheme is different enough,at least the blue is.
And the yellow is slightly more golden than Sweden's.

That looks Epic!!! Now I'm even more excited!
I've got no clue why it is like that though, you should maybe ask a different modder later.
But why did you go for a modern city list?

Can you do me a favor and see how the Alpha Icon looks on the cities when you are playing as a different CiV against Bosnia?
I'm worried it might be too small. And I'd love to see more screenshots.

P.S:Is the remove Heresy with the Krstjan working properly?

I was just about to ask about the modern city list, considering the map says Vrhbosna (not Sarajevo) and it isn't the capital, but COF got there first.

Also, the colour scheme seems a bit too close to Sweden's...

I went with modern because it was very easy to find a city list for, haha. That and it'd be more familiar to most players. I'd totally change it though if someone gave me a list of city names from Tvrtko I's time!

The Krstjan should work properly (it had remove heresy uses listed in its info box) but I'll have to do a playthrough to confirm.

I went with modern because it was very easy to find a city list for, haha. That and it'd be more familiar to most players. I'd totally change it though if someone gave me a list of city names from Tvrtko I's time!

The Krstjan should work properly (it had remove heresy uses listed in its info box) but I'll have to do a playthrough to confirm.

Hmm... I guess that a modern city list wouldn't hurt too much considering that Indonesia does the same thing (at least I've heard that it does),and I can totally found my city which wasn't a part of Tvrtko's Bosnia back then.
But if you want I can provide a city list, I've got enough sources.

Seems like my art so far is the only issue, the symbols in the icon are simply too small.
I'll make a bigger one.
And sadly it doesn't look like the Missionary is providing any Exp. :/

EDIT:The Krstjan is working 50% correctly, newly, pure Krstjan are able to remove heresy.
Promoted Warriors apparently cannot.And they disappear upon removing it, and I don't think that was intended.
Didn't get a Great General either.

Hmm... I guess that a modern city list wouldn't hurt too much considering that Indonesia does the same thing (at least I've heard that it does),and I can totally found my city which wasn't a part of Tvrtko's Bosnia back then.
But if you want I can provide a city list, I've got enough sources.

Seems like my art so far is the only issue, the symbols in the icon are simply too small.
I'll make a bigger one.
And sadly it doesn't look like the Missionary is providing any Exp. :/

EDIT:The Krstjan is working 50% correctly, newly, pure Krstjan are able to remove heresy.
Promoted Warriors apparently cannot.And they disappear upon removing it, and I don't think that was intended.
Didn't get a Great General either.

I've discovered the sources of most of these errors and I'm sorting them out now :).

I'm not sure what to do about the Krstjan heresy thing though. Until we can get it working properly I might implement a faith from kills thing instead.

The reason why Krstjans can't remove heresy more than once is probably because of your XML. I assume it has a <RemoveHeresyNumber> tag or something like that, which will currently show 1. The number you set it to is the number of times a Krstjan can remove heresy before it is destroyed.

Although IMHO, having too many remove heresy chances makes the unit OP.

The reason why Krstjans can't remove heresy more than once is probably because of your XML. I assume it has a <RemoveHeresyNumber> tag or something like that, which will currently show 1. The number you set it to is the number of times a Krstjan can remove heresy before it is destroyed.

Although IMHO, having too many remove heresy chances makes the unit OP.

I think the default is that a unit which removes heresy is destroyed upon removing heresy. I'm not sure how to get it to work as intended. Might need to do something with Lua.

I think the default is that a unit which removes heresy is destroyed upon removing heresy. I'm not sure how to get it to work as intended. Might need to do something with Lua.

If it can't stay alive after removing Heresy it's OK ,having it stay alive could be bit broken since they are so cheap.

It's uniquer than Faith from kills imo.

I'm currently making cities until I get mine.
In the meanwhile:
Spoiler :

I've spread my faith to Belgrade, I found that to be (too) funny.

EDIT:New Alpha
Spoiler :

So COF has the beta version of Bosnia? I suppose it's only right that the actual Bosnians should get to play it first.

P.S. Training single-use remove heresy units counts as unique. No other civ can make them through any means other than faith.

Also, what's the next civ you're thinking of working on after Bosnia is finished?

Bosnia V1 is up! I'm fairly satisfied with it now. However I'm definitely going to try and integrate the remove heresy function for the Krstjan in a later update.

Also, what's the next civ you're thinking of working on after Bosnia is finished?

Not sure. I might focus on my version of Ryukyu next. Either that or the Celtic pack.

Bosnia V1 is up! I'm fairly satisfied with it now. However I'm definitely going to try and integrate the remove heresy function for the Krstjan in a later update.

Not sure. I might focus on my version of Ryukyu next. Either that or the Celtic pack.

Totally sucks that the remove heresy function isn't working correctly, it was really unique, at least compared to faith from kills.

I think I'll do for work Wales or Ryukyu next.If there's anything specific you need don't hesitate to tell me.:goodjob:

Totally sucks that the remove heresy function isn't working correctly, it was really unique, at least compared to faith from kills.

I think I'll do for work Wales or Ryukyu next.If there's anything specific you need don't hesitate to tell me.:goodjob:

Will do! Your work has been excellent!

I might start hunting around for images that can be used to make the leader art for Ireland and Wales. Luckily R8FXT has a very good diplo image for Calgacus from Anno Domini.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, Hiram, but I've already given you a Ryukyu map a few posts up... And by the way, I beg you, don't go for Pechin with the Ryukyuan UU. It would be the equivalent of making the English UU the "Knight". Ryukyu has fantastically diverse weaponry at its disposal (along with unarmed combat: "Taijutsuka" UU maybe?).

P.S. If you come up with a Sho Hashi leader scene, can I use it in any updates for Rising Sun? I'd namecheck you and everything.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, Hiram, but I've already given you a Ryukyu map a few posts up... And by the way, I beg you, don't go for Pechin with the Ryukyuan UU. It would be the equivalent of making the English UU the "Knight". Ryukyu has fantastically diverse weaponry at its disposal (along with unarmed combat: "Taijutsuka" UU maybe?).

P.S. If you come up with a Sho Hashi leader scene, can I use it in any updates for Rising Sun? I'd namecheck you and everything.

Yes, it's excellent and will be great for when I make a DOM screen for them :D.

Do they have a particular kind of pike or spear? I'm pretty set on having a pikeman replacement. And yes, feel free to use the Sho Hashi leader art when I have it :).

Yes, it's excellent and will be great for when I make a DOM screen for them :D.

Do they have a particular kind of pike or spear? I'm pretty set on having a pikeman replacement. And yes, feel free to use the Sho Hashi leader art when I have it :).

Don't forget that I made one as well, although I'm liking his more.

Given the dimensions of each of your maps I reckon i'll use yours for the setup game map and Homusubi's for the DOM screen.

I can make a map with altered dimensions for the setup if you want. (By the way, should the map use the Ryukyuan, rather than Japanese, names for the islands?) Thanks for letting me use the Sho Hashi art, I'm currently using Ramkhamkhaeng's leader screen and it's not perfect...

As for units, pikeman replacements don't need to be pike-wielders. (After all, in Rising Sun, the Tokugawa ninja unit is a knight replacement!) If you really want a polearm, unfortunately mainland Japan has a lot more than Ryukyu (e.g. naginata). The closest Ryukyu gets is the kama, which is a sort of sickle that can also be used as a weapon.

The Wikipedia page on Ryukyuan kobudo styles gives a fairly good outline of different weapon types.

Here's my Wales stuff so far:
Icon and Alpha
Spoiler :

Caer
Spoiler :

Welsh Longbowmen
Spoiler :

...What was I thinking when I made this!?

Maps
Spoiler :

An Alternative

Sadly it seems that the only images of the actual leader are from a statue.
Does anyone know where I can get decent quality pictures of the in-game leaders? I want to give Leugi's method a try.

The icon is nothing short of beautiful.

About the Welsh Longbowmen. What are you going to do with England, seeing as its Longbowman unit is effectively Welsh? Are you going to have two kinds of longbow in the game, or make a new English unit?

Here's my Wales stuff so far:
Icon and Alpha
Spoiler :

Caer
Spoiler :

Welsh Longbowmen
Spoiler :

...What was I thinking when I made this!?

Maps
Spoiler :

An Alternative

Sadly it seems that the only images of the actual leader are from a statue.
Does anyone know where I can get decent quality pictures of the in-game leaders? I want to give Leugi's method a try.

Fantastic stuff! I reckon i'll use the 2nd map. More Wales focused.
Just one thing that's a little out of order. For the welsh longbowman it might be a good idea to put the archer on a different background... There appears to be an old guy in jeans hanging around, haha. Maybe put the archer on a bg with some welsh hills?

Top Bottom