More music

@Sogroon, I downloaded V1.5 it installed over v1.4 flawlessly. thank you.
A question, What language WinRAR are you using? I am guessing Polish?? I must have pushed the right button as it loaded ok.

@Sogroon, I downloaded V1.5 it installed over v1.4 flawlessly. thank you.
A question, What language WinRAR are you using? I am guessing Polish?? I must have pushed the right button as it loaded ok.

Hungarian. Sorry, I didn't care to look after this :blush:
Creating self extracting package is very new to me (though it is pretty simple). I will fix that a bit later.

@Sogroon: In "Assets/modules/" there are always two files:
- CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml, which seems to define the xml structure of the second file
- MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml, which handle if the module from the tag <Directory> will be loaded from the said subfolder.
Both are commented by "WoC".

I wonder if you can use that structure for your mods, so the installation would be reduced to:
- Unpack the mod into modules/
- Set MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml to 1 to load the according folder
- While loading, the game will check the modules on 1 and automagically handle what need to be done.

It will allow not to overwrite any main mod file AND to be simple to use.

The problem encountered is that WoC installer need java, and i don't want to make it a dependency for the mod. I think it's possible that you use the converter to tranform your mod into a WoC format, then the launcher just enable/disable the mod from the xml file.

As I have learned every xml is modular, except for the ones responsible for audiofiles. AFAIK that's why WoC was created, to copy the audio lines from the module folders to the main mod's appropriate file. So I think what you suggest does not work. Not without auto running Wocinstaller.

Do you think you'll have time to check what lines & files are modified after you install MoreMusic with WoC ?

I don't use WoC for MoreMusic at the moment.
WoC is used for Mega Civ Pack to include its sounds to the main mod by copying lines from [customciv]Audio2DScripts.xml to main Audio2DScripts.xml and [customciv]AudioDefines.xm. to main AudioDefines.xml.

Ok. I'll check that once I'll have time. Thank you.

Hi Sogroon! The solution was right there all of the time! All I had to do was enable it in the in game options menu. At Last! Ahhhhhh...

That's an option too, though this way the game will play only MM tracks and all eras mixed if you select only the folder "new".

Well at least it now "works" for me. It's better than not having it . Besides what other folder could I choose?

In the Ancient era choose New/Ancient.
You can also copy any other music files to the specific folder of your choice - including original game music files if you will.
But this way you have to switch era music manually.

@Sogroon , would you please look at the files in this folder and verify that they are correct and contain all of the proper xml information?
I have downloaded and reinstalled the mod mod a half dozen times in the last month and I "know" something is missing and I am sure that you will immediately discover the opening music is not correct and that is why I am asking for your help. I fear that something in the installer might be missing or that something in my civ4/bts installation might be preventing your mod from installing correctly.
Note; the music files are ok and I have been enabling them with the options page ingame. But that just gives a random music mix and that has been better than nothing but now I would like to be able to have this issue corrected if possible.

Top Bottom