Help with RoM AND scenario making.

Ok I knew Britain had a large fleet I just never knew it was that big. Well then again they do have a global empire to protect so them having a large fleet makes sense. Also i'm using the Giant Earth map not a huge map.

Better yet!

Oh and wait for the Destroyers. The issue is that aside from Destroyers and Battleships, Cruisers must fall over the 4 possible categories of the time: Early Destroyer, Ironclad Battleship or Pre-Dreadnought, Ironclad or Iron Frigate. Others have the same fate as Cruisers, but in the english navy there are so many definitions that it'll take some time until its done.

And I agree with you, England has the global empire, so it need this number to put it together. I'm getting the place where the ships are located whenever possible.

Just found a great article on Wikipedia containing a list of countries by population in 1900. This'll help greatly in choosing which countries to keep and which to combine. Here's the link if you want to take a look at it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_in_1900

Great Link! BTW maybe we can convince AND to expand number of players. Afforess said this:

Yep. That's it. I forget if there is a reason people don't tend to go above 50.

If there is nothing to lose by increasing the max number of players maybe it should be done to let people choose more or less civs.

Anyway, you could start a list of Civs by this population list you discovered to see at least the 50 most deserving civs to be present.

Sounds good. I'll start with what I think are the obvious ones and subtract them from the current limit of 50. Then we'll be able to whittle down the rest of the nations to fill out the rest.

List of nations that should be the scenario.​

Nations that must be included.

Spoiler :
China

India(Vassal of Britain)

USA

Russia

Britain

France

Germany

Austria-Hungary(Make by using the assimilation mod and while placing cities have either Austria or Hungary conquer the other. Also will require revolution mod to be on.)

Dutch/Netherlands

Japan

Italy

Ottoman's

Spain

Brazil

Chile

Argentina

Columbia

Portugal

Australia

Mexico

Canada.

That's 22 total countries that I consider must includes. Please note the reason there are only 21 countries on the list is that Austria-Hungary counts as two for the Revolution mod.(A conquered civ still takes up a civ slot.) This gives us 28 civ slots left for other countries. So any thoughts on the list? Any addition or subtractions you can think of? As for expanding the civ count if removing the trade routes decreases memory usages as much as expected then increasing the countries allowed should be considered. Though how stable it would be above 50 is unknown.

Nations I would Add
Spoiler :

First I would add is the Korean Empire. It's just after Mexico in population, it was both North and South Korea together, and it played an important role in Asian politics of the beginning of the century.

Second I would add is Egypt, even though it shouldn't start the game independent (maybe like Hungary or India). It comes before Mexico and Korea in population and it'll become Independent soon in the century.

Third Siam, the only southeast asian country to avoid colonization by western powers.

Fourth Persia, that was well independent by the time and follows Siam in population.

Fith Arabia, not independent yet, should follow Hungary model.

Sixth Abyssinia (Ethiopia), independent and big.

Seventh Morocco, still independent as it seems. Spain already had some territory but not much. French and Spanish division of Morocco happened in 1904.

Eighth Greece, independent and a key figure in mediterranean politics.

Ninth Serbia, for its pivotal role in WW1, and it's already independent.

Tenth Denmark, for its colonial holdings.

Eleventh Sweden, because I forgot to put it earlier.

Twelfth Finland, like Hungary.

Thirteenth Khmer, like Hungary.

Fourteenth South Africa, majorly colonized but in 1900 fighting for independence as the Transvaal Republic considering itself independent and at war with England.

Fifteenth Mongolia, as Hungary. Independence comes in 1911, although troublesome.

Sixteenth Mali, as Hungary. Independence comes in 1960.

Seventeenth Belgium, for its colony Congo.

Eighteenth Congo, for being big, as territory/vassal of Belgium.

I think all those are truly important for the mod. This leaves us with 40 civ slots taken and 10 free if we can't have more then 50 nations.

Now come some that I think could be added:
Spoiler :

Norway, as Swedish Vassal.

Bulgaria as Ottoman Vassal.

Venezuela

Peru (I know Mega Civ Pack doesn't have it, but it's big and important and we may change Inca to be Peru and get a LH from CFC's LH database)

Pakistan, territory/vassal of UK

Bolivia

Afghanistan (despite also not existing in Mega Civ Pack)

Iraq as vassal/territory of the Ottomans

And here 48 are filled. I truly hope we can have more civs in this scenario.

I already included Canada and Australia as must include civs so you still have two slots left to play around with. Also maybe have Egypt be another British vassal? Canada should already be an independent country by 1900. Canada become independent in 1867 so no vassal of Britain for her. I need to double check Australia again though. Australia became an independent country in 1901 so they're a British vassal. Also if you or someone else is willing to do the changes required to change Inca to Peru so it works with revolutions on then i'll be glad to add them in.(I have no clue what i'd need to change.)

I already included Canada and Australia as must include civs so you still have two slots left to play around with. Also maybe have Egypt be another British vassal? Canada should already be an independent country by 1900. Canada become independent in 1867 so no vassal of Britain for her. I need to double check Australia again though. Australia became an independent country in 1901 so they're a British vassal. Also if you or someone else is willing to do the changes required to change Inca to Peru so it works with revolutions on then i'll be glad to add them in.(I have no clue what i'd need to change.)

Great! Honestly I didn't see them on the list. So 2 more slots for consideration, great.

I know Canada and Australia may be considered independent, but were they truly independent? Could they declare war on Britain, or at least not participate with Britain in any war it was dragged into? If Canada and Australia are forced to enter in any war Britain enters, then they can't be truly considered independent. If we put them independent, even with a Defensive Pact, they may at the beginning start diverging with Britain in wars. They even share the same Head of State until nowadays.

That's why I think they should at least be vassals or even territory if it fits better.

About Peru I'll see what I can do.

Technically Canada and Australia once they both became independent could stay out of any wars the British fought if they wanted to or even declare war on Britain. However they still acted like they were under British control regarding their military's until after WW2. However as mentioned Australia didn't become an independent nation until 1901 so they're still a British Vassal.

Also I just noticed something. Finland during this period was an autonomous state of Russia. I've been unable to conclusively find whether or not that means it should be a vassal or go the Hungary route.

Very near run just a moment ago. I accidentally messed up my AND files while trying to get the SVN update over their and nearly couldn't get it to work even after reinstalling it. However it's up and running just fine now.

Technically Canada and Australia once they both became independent could stay out of any wars the British fought if they wanted to or even declare war on Britain. However they still acted like they were under British control regarding their military's until after WW2. However as mentioned Australia didn't become an independent nation until 1901 so they're still a British Vassal.

While the BNA Act gave Canada more autonomy than it had before, it was far from full independence from the United Kingdom. Defence of British North America became a Canadian responsibility.[64] Foreign policy remained in British hands, the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council remained Canada's highest court of appeal, and the constitution could be amended only in Britain. Gradually, Canada gained more autonomy, and in 1931, obtained almost full autonomy within the British Commonwealth with the Statute of Westminster.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Confederation)

I guess it wasn't so independent as it seems. How can a country be fully independent if it could have its constitution changed by another country's Parliament? I think Canada should be considered a British vassal. After the Statute of Westminster or the Canada Act of 1982, then maybe we can agree it's an independent state with a defensive pact with the United Kingdom.

While the BNA Act gave Canada more autonomy than it had before, it was far from full independence from the United Kingdom. Defence of British North America became a Canadian responsibility.[64] Foreign policy remained in British hands, the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council remained Canada's highest court of appeal, and the constitution could be amended only in Britain. Gradually, Canada gained more autonomy, and in 1931, obtained almost full autonomy within the British Commonwealth with the Statute of Westminster.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Confederation)

I guess it wasn't so independent as it seems. How can a country be fully independent if it could have its constitution changed by another country's Parliament? I think Canada should be considered a British vassal. After the Statute of Westminster or the Canada Act of 1982, then maybe we can agree it's an independent state with a defensive pact with the United Kingdom.

Fair enough.

Ok so if we can't get Peru or Afghanistan what other two civs would you like to see added?

I'll still take a look at Peru's and Afghanistan's situation, but still there are 2 open slots because of Canada and Australia being double mentioned.

Maybe the Middle east should get more. Aside from being small, Middle Eastern nations played a major role in the XXth century, and still play now in the XXIst

Ok really bad news. The mod now won't work with the mega civ pack but it works just fine with the leaderhead pack. So until this gets fixed the scenario will now only include stock AND civs.(Which is probably for the better since it means more people can play it now.)

Top Bottom