Civilization V multiplayer update is now live

Hinkle2K

2K Games Staff
A patch has been pushed live that should address recent issues with connectivity. This fix will only affect the multiplayer components of the game, and will not change any gameplay values or single player settings. We hope that this will improve the stability of multiplayer matches.

For more info on the update, check out the Civilization.com blog here: http://2kgam.es/1yTmUHB

Well, my friends are sadly unable to play so I will have to wait for eventual response from other peeps...

Hope it worked out.

Do we have any information yet on how well the patch works?

So far I've seen two trip reports - one was happy, one was disappointed.

I wonder what they actually changed?

Yeah, proper patch notes would be nice; I'm a bit disappointed that Firaxis didn't provide us with some...

Yeah, proper patch notes would be nice; I'm a bit disappointed that Firaxis didn't provide us with some...

They did. It fixed the problems in MP. As I understand it, no other changes were made.

They did. It fixed the problems in MP. As I understand it, no other changes were made.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a bit more info than that.

And it's a bit early to say the problems with MP are now fixed.

It fixed the problems in MP.

How many MP games have you played in the past 30 hours?

Some problems seem to be fixed, not all of them. And there may even be new ones. Now the game has a habit of going into freezes and once that happens reloads or the leave/hotjoin trick dont help anymore.

Played for 4 hours last night (actually started two games after a bad start for one of the guys) and had no resyncs or kicks. Was smooth and played well.

If anything, it seemed like the AI had improved? Not sure if that's the case.

Thanks Firaxis and the team working on this.

Did it though?

I got a good game w/ first drop at around 160 and no resyncs. But other games were having freezes and stuff.
That's the word. Only feedback I've seen has been positive, and if there were widespread problems, I would expect the forums to rage. It's been strangely silent around here after the patch hit.

As compared to other patches, this one was very lightweight. Is the version number even changed?

I had a game with lots of resyncs but it turned out my LAN partner somehow managed to delete their modpack so that pretty much explains that. Looking forward to testing the new patch for real.

Top Bottom