Performance

malowany

Chieftain
Hi,

I want to try out your mod, it looks good and is up to date. I got civ IV fever (comes back every now and then, unfortunately its incurable) and thought I would play some decent mod.

The thing is that I don't know how far I can go with the map size and number of nations ( I want as much as PC can handle to enhance the experience), to test it it takes a lot of time and then u cant rly see how your pc will perform in late game. So I thought I would ask you guys who have experience and dev if he responses who obviously knows this mod like no other. Giving my specs what do you think, how many nations I could handle on what map size?

I would appreciate help.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 x64
4gb Ram DDR3
Radeon R7 200
Athlon dual-core 7550 2.50 GHz

From personal experience I usually keep to Large or Huge. Barbarian Civs and Revolutions will spawn in new civilizations over time (Not sure what the 'max' is in AND currently), but I'd say give a Standard or Large map a spin with the default civs and BarbCivs/REV disabled and play to the end. If it works nicely for you, then try enabling one or both of those options, or go up a map size.

I can play Giant sized and it doesn't start slowing down until the mid-Industrial, but the Minimize AI Turns feature helps speed things along :)

(My specs, taken from Piriform's Speccy)
Win7 Prof 64
3.00GB Single-Channel DDR3
AMD K15
512MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

Top Bottom