The AND website

The introduction page has been updated according to your proposals.
The installation page has been simplified to have only one download link (the full installer rev 868).

Corrections below:

Based on the incredibly popular former mod Rise of Mankind mod, A New Dawn transforms Civilization IV, transcending reaching to new heights and giving the players the best Civilization experience of all time. It contains a powerful and vastly superior new AI, charismatic new leaders and a new revolt and revolutions system. The huge amounts of new content also includes an advanced and reworked diplomacy system, a myriad of new automation options, an adaptive difficulty, and many other enhancements. 1

In short, this is THE Civilization game of the future. Its It's the work of hundreds' hundreds of talented individuals 2 over many years. The result truly does feel like A New Dawn!

1: Remove the ellipsis in favour of a full stop
2: Remove the hyphen before 'over'.

Proper names, such as Rise of Mankind', should probably be italicised for clarity. I would generally not employ the use of the Oxford comma, but that's a matter of taste.

The text would appear thus:

Based on the incredibly popular former mod Rise of Mankind, A New Dawn transforms Civilization IV, reaching to new heights and giving the players the best Civilization experience of all time. It contains a powerful and vastly superior new AI, charismatic new leaders and a new revolt and revolutions system. The huge amount of new content also includes an advanced and reworked diplomacy system, a myriad of new automation options, an adaptive difficulty, and many other enhancements.

In short, this is THE Civilization game of the future. It's the work of hundreds of talented individuals over many years. The result truly does feel like A New Dawn!

Thank you two times Arakhor! First for fixing mistakes, then because you improve my english.
First page updated.

Fantastic work, kudos to dbkblk.

On the features page, I think the main title [New Features (since Beyond the Sword)] needs to be bigger or a little different in some way than the various sub-headings that follow.

Also, here are my suggestions for changes to the Smart and balanced.. section. I can do the other sections too if you would like.

The image caption should read "An excerpt from the new tech tree".

New technologies - change ensure to ensures.

New units - Hunt lions with the new early slinger, control the ocean with the attack submarine, charge your foes with the mounted cavalry, or launch an intercontinental missile. Every unit is designed to be useful, not superfluous.

New buildings & wonders - From the early apiary to the vertical farms, develop your cities and please your people with new buildings. Draw in the Lascaux Caves, found the Hanseatic League, or create the Olympic Games; everything is possible in A New Dawn!

Totally rebalanced via community feedback (note change to section heading) - New buildings, civics, units and wonders have been discussed, modified and updated to try and fnd the perfect balance. The mod remains in active development and will continue to evolve.

Disable what you don’t like - If you don’t want to play in the new futuristic era or don’t appreciate your painstaking city development being vapourised by nukes, you can disable these and many other features.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll include them all, but if you can check the whole page, i'll wait for that before to include your changes.

Okay, I'll look at the whole page over the next day or so and get back to you.

Hoffs has done some corrections of the text in the "features" page. Thank you. I will update the page soon.

Wouldn't it be useful to add a new page "Tips and tricks" where we gather all the playing tricks that are not obvious or nearly hidden ? For example, besides the research percent there is the number of research points per turn. But sometimes, there is another number next to this. Where do it comes from ?
We can also add the keys for AIAutoPlay, etc.

New units - Hunt lions with the new early slinger, control the ocean with the attack submarine, charge your foes with the mounted cavalry, or launch an intercontinental missile. Every unit is designed to be useful, not superfluous.

Attack Sub is not a new unit. Neither is ICBM.

Website updated with the following changes:
  • New units-> New and redesigned units
  • Replaced ICBM by hydrogen bomb
  • Modified translation paragraph to reflect latest changes
  • Add a link to the old unsupported versions in the installation page (especially for nostalgic players like Rezca :D)
  • Updated french and and published partial danish translation

According to the latest changes, I would like to update the website:
- rework that paragraph:
Units per tile: This option sets the maximum number of units allowed on a tile, creating a whole new strategic dimension to the game and helping to limit the dreaded ‘stack of doom’. For stability reasons, the minimum units per tile number is set to 15.

to

Units per tile: Tired of the dreaded ‘stack of doom’ from Civ IV ? Based on the acclaimed feature of Civ V, it is now possible to enjoy a fully working units-per-tile limitation. You can play down to 1 unit-per-tile, but beware of the massive warfare.

- add this one:
Hunt for food and glory: During the ancient era, try to hunt as many animals as possible and gather them in your empire to generate new resources and to delight your population with new myths and legends that will aid the development of your civilization.

What do you think about these ?

EDIT: Edited according to the comments below.

According to the latest changes, I would like to update the website:
- rework that paragraph:
Units per tile: This option sets the maximum number of units allowed on a tile, creating a whole new strategic dimension to the game and helping to limit the dreaded ‘stack of doom’. For stability reasons, the minimum units per tile number is set to 15.

to

Units per tile: Tired of the dreaded ‘stack of doom’ from Civ. IV ? Based on the acclaimed feature of Civ. V, it is now possible to enjoy a fully working units-per-tile limitation. You can play down to 1 unit-per-tile, but beware of the massive warfare.

- add this one:
Hunt for food and glory: During the ancient era, try to hunt as many animals as possible and gathers them in your empire to generate new resources and to delight your population with new myths and legends that will help the development of your civilization.

What do you think about these ?

Okay.
Just remove that S :p

S are my obsessive fear. I have a rich vocabulary but i make so basic mistakes... grrr.

S are my obsessive fear. I have a rich vocabulary but i make so basic mistakes... grrr.

I know that feeling :lol:

I also noticed that you sometimes misuse a/an. E.g: 'a unit', not 'an unit' as it is pronounced \ˈyü-nət\.
I hope you don't mind me saying.

On the contrary, i like to know my mistakes. Thank you!

It would be better if you said either "such basic mistakes" or "so many/few basic mistakes".

Units per tile: Tired of the dreaded ‘stack of doom’ from Civ. IV ? Based on the acclaimed feature of Civ. V ...

Whilst abbreviations are usually denoted with full stops, "Civ IV" and "Civ V" don't need them, as that's one of the common ways to refer to those games.

Hunt for food and glory: During the ancient era, try to hunt as many animals as possible and gather them in your empire to generate new resources and to delight your population with new myths and legends that will help the development of your civilization.

I'd go with "that will aid the development of your civilization". It sounds slightly better than "help".

On the contrary, i like to know my mistakes. Thank you!

I thought that. (That's why I dared point that out)
I am the same. One reason I like this forum is, because it helps me to practice my English and learn more :) EDIT ...from the native speakers like Arakhor :)

Thank you for the comments! Maybe, once in the future, i'll get to talk like an english gentleman!

Top Bottom