(G&K) Open Borders not working

FeiLing

Deity
GKv1.0.1.705_Bug_OpenBorders.Civ5Save
(note: the save is from the turn after the screenshot was made)

Bug: I've got open borders from Alexander, yet I'm not allowed to pass his territory:

Possible cause: Greece declared war on Siam, who was allied with Antwerp which was
under my protection (Alex showed up and I of course didn't forgive him so I didn't lose
influence).
So... either the bug is that the agreement is canceled in such a case or the agreement
being canceled is intended, in which case however it should be possible to trade open
borders again (and not be unavailable/tell you the agreement was intact)

See post #3 for the real issue here.

I agree that something seems to be wrong here...but without a save right before that problem occurs, I guess it will be hard to tell what causes it.

I've loaded an autosave before he declared on Siam/Antwerp and think I figured it out:

I never had open borders from him. I only sold him my open borders.
So the bug actually is, that the trade window will say he'd have opened the borders already to me, when only I did to him (he mustn't have an embassy established for this wrong info to be given out).

Note that also only I had an embassy. After I allowed him an embassy in my capital, the trade window would allow me to ask him to open his borders to me.

There is no bug.

Open Borders is correctly greyed out because they don't have an embassy.

However, it is probably the intention that Open Borders is not listed as an option at all. Perhaps it stuck because it was available earlier this turn.

Top Bottom