Expansion civilization to base game?

Palavos

Chieftain
Hello all. I have bought the complete edition and have all DLC. Although, after playing for some time, I like the vanilla game much more. Less buildings, less wonders, no religions, e.t.c.

It is easier and more newbie friendly :). But I really like to play The Celts civilization or maybe more from the new DLCs.

Is there anyway, either a game option or a Mod, that I can play the Vanilla game but with more civilizations?

Thanks in advance!

I think, Spain, Incans, and Babylon are all compatible with the vanilla game, there are some other civs that were released as DLC before the release of G&K.

I don't know of any mods that change the later civs back to vanilla.

Hey thanks. Yes I found the DLC that includes Spain to Vanilla game! Now I just need the Celts. I found a Mod with the Celt Civilization, divided to Wale, Irish, Scotland which is awesome, but is not compatible with Vanilla :(

Any civ also released as standalone DLC outside of the expansions will also work with the Vanilla game. All the civs that were released as part of an expansion won't because they often use mechanics specifically added with that expansion.

The Celts, for example, use faith with both their UA and UU and faith wasn't in the Vanilla game. You wouldn't be able to play with the Celts in a Vanilla game without significantly changing most of its abilities.

Top Bottom