Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Another one, though this may be intentional. After flipping a new game on Continents Plus difficulty 3, over 40 times trying to get a spawn on the coast, I decided to enable IGE and see what was going on. Literally every AI civilization starts on the coastline except the player. I usually spawn within 2 tiles of it, so I could spend a turn to get to the coast, but that's obviously not ideal.

Sorry but I didn't change anything to do with the player spawn position. You may try some civilizations with starting position bias of coastal areas, like England.

I am experiencing the problem of not being able to scroll the tech tree. I have tried a fresh install using only the 2 mods needed, no extra. I even deleted the Civ 5 folders inside the Steam folder and the My Games folder. Is this likely to be fixed?

The mod is awesome, but if I can't scroll the tech tree then it'd impossible to play. :(

It seems that you have the wrong game version or some required DLCs are missing.
This mod only supports BNW 276 or 279.

It seems that you have the wrong game version or some required DLCs are missing.
This mod only supports BNW 276 or 279.

Thank you for replying. I have BNW 279 installed and all of the DLCs. I realised that I could use the tech tree graphic on Steam for some long-term planning. I've been playing for last couple of hours. Everything else seems good so far. Thanks for a great mod!

Edit: I just loaded my save game from yesterday. There is nothing appearing in the 'Choose Tech' dialogue. (Screenshot). I give up.

Lincoln-

First off thanks for responding and staying on top of this mod. It really is fantastic (at least up to the point I've been able to play).

I deleted all of the cache files and log files. I restarted and reloaded and confirm that only two mods are running: the DLL various mod components v66 and Super Power complete edition v5. I checked the tech tree and the elite cavalry improvement icon and description is listed on horseback riding so it does appear to be the right tech tree.

Thanks so much for looking into this and creating a fantastic mod!

Hey I just updated Super Power to 5.0 and none of the icons for the new tech or units have loaded in the menu. Please help?

I was wondering if you were going to make this compatible with the city state mod? The one where you build diplomats instead of just giving CS's gold. The old version was compatible but the new version seems to not be. Also, personally I turned off city ranged attacks and the AI is much better at taking cities now, and I have to invest much more into early defensive units.

You can use this mod I made to turn off ranged attacks.

Attachments

• No city ranged attack.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 58
Absolutely loving the 5.0 changes. I'm using Perfect World 3 to generate a water-ful world that doesn't have all the problems of Continents, Large Islands or Continent Plus, and it's a great experience. The pontoon bridge has given me an idea for a suggestion: Canals. The continent that I'm on in my current game is sprawling, and difficult to defend, but has many narrow isthmuses, 2 or 3 tiles wide. A city + a canal tile improvement would add some strategic use and realism. It should probably require a lot more effort/maintenance than a typical tile improvement though.

Just downloaded 5.0 yesterday and coming to resume this morning I am getting a CTD when trying to load (I checked the save file isn't 12kb, it's something like 1700kb so pretty normal). It doesn't CTD straight away, comes up with the configuring game data (with the spinning cursor) for a bit, then crashes before it gets to the load screen proper. The only extra mod I started with was IGE by mistake but I figured it wouldn't make a difference, although I'm slightly confused by the line below:

Save often, especially when playing large map with many AIs and start the game with IGE.

Is there a greater chance of having problems when using IGE or is that a potential solution to the problems presented by lots of AIs?

Finally I have tried my autosaves going back 5 turns (save every turn) and none of them work. Cheers for the great mod otherwise!

Hi Lincoln, it seems I have a problem with unit ethnic skins. Every unit that is originally in vanilla civ has its vanilla skin. For examples, fighters are just the normal fighter. Is this supposed to be the case? I have DLL v.66 enabled as well as I.G.E and more luxury resources mod. As well, I have R.E.D mod pack subscribed but not enabled.

I've the following issue that google has been unable to illuminate:

On the tradition policy tree, 'prefeture' is an orphan branch (it has lines indicating prerequisite policies, but no policies at the start of those branches). In the description, it says "But you must discover the certain technology first," with no indication (in-game or on the internet as far as I can see) what that technology is. Is this normal, or a bug?

Great mod, really enjoying it :)

I just finished my first game on v5. A couple of quick observations then a question:

1. Overall an outstanding mod. A lot of fun to play, and the escalating difficulties really make the game more challenging in the end game. Started a 12 civilization game on level 6 (I cannot remember the new level names, but I think emperor), and by the end, there were 3 civs left. I pulled out to a lead and all of a sudden, Siam decided to buy up every city state in sight. It was an arm wrestle to the end which was the most fun I have had in a long time on Civ 5.

2. Probably the biggest exploit is the great merchant that can be used to "culture bomb" territory from other civs. I used this a few times to "surround" enemy cities that made them easy to take once war started. Using this should have had major consequences and probably a war declaration with it. Or restrict the usage to one tile and not two.

3. The economics in the end game can become very difficult. My empire grew too fast population wise, and then I ran into a major issue between growth, resources, and gold. So did Siam as well -- there is a point of virtual no return in terms of too large of an empire. This is actually a good thing as it forces you into major decisions around growth in the end.

4. At first, I thought the AI wasn't building some of the special wonders that unlocked special units, but lo and behold, they did. That made me feel good about these new units/wonders.

5. I see a lot of folks are still having trouble with loading/playing it.....I literally do not have anything else running other than vanilla Civ5 BNW and the mod. I also clear out all cache as well prior to starting the game each time.

So my question is very simple....is there an update planned anytime soon? If not, I will probably start another game this weekend....if there is, I will probably wait.

Again, thanks for a great mod. Am really enjoying it!

Does anyone know how to fix the 12 kb bug? Thank you to anyone who replies :)

Never load mods against after loading them the first time. If you ever leave a game, or ever back out of the custom game menu after you've loaded your mods, exit Civ entirely and then come back.

I believe I solved a bug that other people reported too: unable to select modern technologies properly and failed loading of icons in the tech tree. The problem lies in Civ IV Diplomatic Features, which comes with a folder called TechTree containing a file called TechButtonInclude.lua. Removing that folder solves the problem with the tech tree in modern times.

Civ IV Diplomatic Features seems to function normally after removing said folder and file.

Hi Lincoln and Hi everyone !
First of all, thx for this amazing mod lincoln, the first version was already great but this one.. Woooh... It's massive, really impressive. I thank you so much for giving me a reason to throw my social life away xD

But more seriously, i'd like to get to mod creation and the first step is creating my own map. Therefore I wanted to ask you if you can give an icon to the new luxury ressourcses in the map editor plz? And if anyone knows how to do this, please feel free to explain me =)

Thank you !

Therefore I wanted to ask you if you can give an icon to the new luxury ressourcses in the map editor plz?

I think you're asking how to make modded resource icons show up in the WorldBuilder. If that wasn't your question, ignore the following.

Copy all files that begin with "sv_" and end with ".dds"
from
all folders in Art\Models\Resources\​
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9​

I believe I solved a bug that other people reported too: unable to select modern technologies properly and failed loading of icons in the tech tree. The problem lies in Civ IV Diplomatic Features, which comes with a folder called TechTree containing a file called TechButtonInclude.lua. Removing that folder solves the problem with the tech tree in modern times.

Civ IV Diplomatic Features seems to function normally after removing said folder and file.

I have 3 of these TechBottonInclude.lua files but they reside in a different locations than what you mentioned... also, I assume you mean "Civ V Diplomatic Features"? Could you give the full file path?

Thanks!

Top Bottom