RBW4 - It's a scary world out there

Nevermind.

T6 740AD - I reposition workers to fix Alex's pillaging

T8 780AD - Paper is in, Education due in 19

T9 800AD - Hannibal completes the Sistine Chapel

T10 820AD - Nanjing and Beijing and building (not whipping) a small navy. I don't think it is worth the whipping. Guangzhou is finishing a workboat to re-net the fish. You may want to re-sign the deal we had with GK, giving the fish in exchange for furs.

We have a stack of workers on copper hill with nothing to do. If you can give them work, please do so.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96336/RBW4_AD-0820.CivWarlordsSave

Looks like I am in the barrel for the next round but won't be able to touch it until Wednesday (summer retail madness in a resort town, but I am off duty for the Fourth)

So got it unless Mutineer wants to swap.

Serious x-post with Mutineer

Got it again, play it today

delurk

Wow, I can't read it all, too many details! :crazyeye:

relurk

Ars longa, vita brevis.

:smoke:

Mishandeld the defense of Nanjing and Alex captured it, but immediately captured it back.

Sold maps and obsoletes to all for cash to finance the run to Liberalism and made it on the very last turn. Took Nationalism.

There are lots of deals left to be made so the next better player needs to check the diplomacy screen before pressing enter.

Set the research towards Banking. And a Great Scientist is hanging out in Beijing. He could build an Academy in the west I suppose.

Saladin bailed on the alliance with Greece and started a war with Genghis instead.

Whipping the acqueduct in Beijing and letting it grow one will get the Taj Mahal I believe. More culture to press against the Japanese capitol. :confused:

Alexander is unwilling to consider peace for anything less than Nanjing.

I did shift some spears over to Beijing as Toku had Chariots and cats on the borders.

Attachments

• RBW4 AD-1100.CivWarlordsSave
    269.2 KB · Views: 89
How? 2 axes mace + elephant agains 1 mace???
WE are not permitted top attack cities, so we might as well resign.

:blush:

:( :cry:

I had forgotten the requirement about not attacking across cultural borders while remembering the one about not declaring war.

Looks like that tears it.

Oh.....

Well, I guess good game everyone....

To keep playing, we would have to replay those turns, and force ourselves to make the same mistake. Then we'd never be able to flip that city, but we COULD hope another AI does. Is this something we're interested in doing?

@Bede - don't feel too bad, I was bound to make some weed move sooner or later to ruin things, you just spared me the trouble :)

WE are not permitted top attack cities, so we might as well resign.

Correct, so this begs the questions: What do we do now? We could either replay Bede's turns, call the game a loss, or some other option we haven't come up with yet.

In regards to replaying, we would have to do everything just like Bede said up until the city was captured and leave it in his hands. I'm not really sure I want to replay to be honest.

Do we try this game again, or just consider it a loss and walk away?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Edit: Don't worry Bede, I was afraid I'd make the same sort of mistake eventually too. This variant was tough and remembering the rules was even tougher.

I wouldn't mind trying this again from the beginning (reroll). Our start was rough and we were only able to put serious pressure on a single civ.

I wouldn't prefer to walk away, but if everyone else thinks thats the best option, then I guess that is what we'll do.

And Bede, I think someone was bound to make a mistake. Its not a big deal :)

If we tried again with another start, I'd like to see if everyone would be willing to use the HOF mod. Most of you have submitted games, so I know your familiar with it. Just a thought. ;)

What does everyone wish to do about this game? Replay, start another, or just call her dead.

How about we start another and hope for a better position?

We were seriously in the wrong place for this one. The variant is a good and challenging one <mutters to self: "don't bust the variant, don't bust the variant>

I'm getting ready to head out for work, so I won't be able to create another save until tomorrow. So we might as well discuss anything particular we want. Also, does anyone mind if we use the HOF mod? If not, that's fine. I just know that several of us are already using it, so I thought I'd ask.

Top Bottom