Ingame Editor

Hello guys, I'm new to Civ5 here. Where can I report a bug ? or I just have to post here ?

I just found a bug in the Civ5 IGE.

When I make a city state found a religion (or when I play the scenario that city state had founded a religion) The religion is nowhere found in IGE Unit/Building UI. I mean the UI that let you modify number of follower in a city.

I know that city state can found a religion, and even enhance one or take reformation belief (But normally they just don't do it) When I play a scenario "Into the renaissance" (Gods & Kings original scenario) most religions are not founded by civ but instead by city states (so it let the civs do the holy religious war)

But I can't use the IGE tool that change the number of followers of those religions in each city since their name are not shown in IGE Unit/Building UI. Consequently, I can't spawn inquisitors nor missionaries of those religions too although they can be normally purchased in game.

I play the PC version of game also have both Gods & Kings and Brave New World expansions.

I also took screenshots if you want to take a look.

http://f.ptcdn.info/548/027/000/1421518343-Civ5Screen-o.jpg
http://f.ptcdn.info/548/027/000/1421518365-Civ5Screen-o.jpg

The first screenshot shows that there are actually 3 religions. One is founded by civ (the Byzantine) while the other two are founded by city states (the Vatican and the Mecca consecutively) In second screenshot shows that the IGE can see the religion founded by the Byzantine only.

not sure if the question is answered here, but I hope it's okay I ask again and don't have to read through all the posts in this thread (saw it's like 1500 replies).
I followed all steps like I should. I then loaded a saved game which I started with the Civ Advanced mod. I didn't unable the Civ Advanced mod. When the saved game have loaded, there is no IGE label anywhere (I even looked under help). Isn't that mod compatible with the InGame Editor?

edit:
I disabled the mod I was playing (Civ Advanced) and started a game without using mods and now the IGE logo shows. Does that mean it doesn't support that mod?

edit 2: enabled Civ Advanced mod again, and now the IGE label shows. so maybe it's not working with old saved games?

You still have no luck with IGE on your old save? I don't think there should be any compatibility problem at all, but I'm no DonQuiche regretfully.
IGE does not affect saves, so a game started with IGE should be uploadable without IGE and vice versa, that I am sure of. There must be some different niggle.

You still have no luck with IGE on your old save? I don't think there should be any compatibility problem at all, but I'm no DonQuiche regretfully.
IGE does not affect saves, so a game started with IGE should be uploadable without IGE and vice versa, that I am sure of. There must be some different niggle.

tried again with the saved game, but still no luck. there was an update on the mod I am playing (civ advanced), so that might be the problem

Greetings,

Just thought of translating IGE to Portuguese, and here it is. File is attached (compressed in .rar because I couldn't post it as .xml). Language code would be pt-BR.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IGE_EN_US.rar
    5.7 KB · Views: 487
I'm having this weird error where IGE suddenly does some odd things and won't close. For some reason it always happens in the Classical Era. I am using the Community Patch version of EUI, the regular EUI has to remove the IGE_Overlay.lua/xml. I also removed the IGE_AlertStack, IGE_MiniMap, and IGE_NotificationPanel xml/lua because the EUI compatibility page said it could cause problems. I used the automatic version of changing the position of IGE as well.

Here's the lua of it, I also have screenshots to show how odd it goes.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    9.6 KB · Views: 189
Hello, I've been wondering if there's a way to take a saved game from a multiplayer game and edit it with the In Game Editor Mod. I've moved the save file from multiplayer to singleplayer in C:\Users\(My Name)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves and have found that when I launch the game and try to open the game save with the mod, it won't let me click on the "start game" option

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information please let me know.

A bug report checking in.

I play on PC, win-7 64bit
legal OS

I have all DLC's and expansions. Legal steam version

I was trying to set up my own AI only game. Downloaded Finnish civ mod. IGE worked before this. I dont think it was the problem though, as many people use these mods together.

Screenshot of the bug message: http://gyazo.com/80d00e3fec3b6ffebabbf767825cb833

Unfortunately, whatever I do with the position of the IGE label, it will always cause trouble for someone : the space on the left is limited under low resolutions and may be filled up by other mods, and there are mods who are already on the left of clocks.

So I suggest you rather customize it for yourself, it's really easy : open the "IGE_Window.xml" file with the notepad. It's located under "My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods/Ingame Editor". Now search for "MainButton" and it will reach a line at the very bottom that looks like :

Just change the "offset" field to "380,6" for example and it will be tailored for you. :)
The first number is the margin from the right side and the second one the margin from the top side. Civ5 will need to be restarted in order for the change to take effect.

Is this based on pixels? I have tried three different numbers and the main button hasn't moved at all.

Ingolenuru on Steam

I'm having this weird error where IGE suddenly does some odd things and won't close. For some reason it always happens in the Classical Era. I am using the Community Patch version of EUI, the regular EUI has to remove the IGE_Overlay.lua/xml. I also removed the IGE_AlertStack, IGE_MiniMap, and IGE_NotificationPanel xml/lua because the EUI compatibility page said it could cause problems. I used the automatic version of changing the position of IGE as well.

Here's the lua of it, I also have screenshots to show how odd it goes.

I didn't remove all of that because of the mentioned problems. Not removing them evidently does not allow for the MainButton to be moved. Has anyone made this work with the MainButton moved while using the Community Balance Patch?

Ingolenuru on Steam

I play on Mac, have G&K, and couldn't open IGE ingame because of the following:

[Pirate skull thingy] line Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:279: attempt to index local 'greatWorksSlotType' (a nil value)

Please guys, what do I do? I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.

I only checked the first 33 pages and last 3, so my apologies if this has been suggested before.

Could Glance at map hide the IGE interface (except the button to disable Glance at map)? Hard to see the map when 1/3 of the screen is IGE.

Could IGE keep the current map view and options when turning it on? It always comes with Resource Icons selected (something I personally never want to see), and Strategic View disables all overlay and icon modes.

I tried to use this together with the "Super Power Modpack" and there is no problem loading / editing / saving.
However, whenever I edit a game, the Social Policy cost gets stuck at 30 for every single SP. Has anyone else experienced that problem?

Is there a reason that i couldn't put the IGE mod folder Moderator Action: Ingame Editor (v 39) into the Expansion2 folder found at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2 and then go into the Expansions2.CIV5PKG and paste the following into it:
<Gameplay>

<!-- IGE -->
<GameData>IGE_Controller_All.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_Controller_All.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_Loader.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_Loader.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_Window.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_Window.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_AlertStack.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_AlertStack.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ChoosePantheonPopup.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ChoosePantheonPopup.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ChooseReligionPopup.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ChooseReligionPopup.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_CityBanner.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_CityBanner.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_MiniMap.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_MiniMap.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_NotificationPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_NotificationPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_Overlay.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_Overlay.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ProductionPopup.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ProductionPopup.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_StrategicMap.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_StrategicMap.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_WonderPopup.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_WonderPopup.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_DE_DE.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_DE_DE.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_EN_US.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_EN_US.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ES_ES.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ES_ES.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_FR_FR.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_FR_FR.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_IT_IT.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_IT_IT.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_JA_JP.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_JA_JP.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_RU_RU.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_RU_RU.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ZH_CN.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ZH_CN.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ActivePlayerSelection.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ActivePlayerSelection.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_CitiesPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_CitiesPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_PlayersPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_PlayersPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_PoliciesPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_PoliciesPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_TechsPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_TechsPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_TerrainPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_TerrainPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_UnitsPanel.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_UnitsPanel.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_ConfirmPopup.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_ConfirmPopup.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_RiversElement.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_RiversElement.xml</TextData>
<GameData>IGE_TabsBar.xml</GameData>
<TextData>IGE_TabsBar.xml</TextData>

Shouldn't this successfully make the mod work w/o having to go through the Mod Menu in Civ V and activate it? I can site where i got info about doing this if you need it but i really want to get this working so i and a friend can test use of IGE Multiplayer as we did the the PC Master Race Mod by doing identical things to it but for some reason were not getting same result with IGE could you shed some light on why this is? :c5war:

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well, I doubt that IGE will work in MP.

Hi, I have a little strange bug that I could not fix by myself.
When I changed a bunch of tiles from explored to un-explored state, I could not explore them by using a scout or another unit the traditional way. It just stayed foggy and my units walked through them normally. And I was able to select those units that was standing on that tile.

Any one experienced such bug? How can I fix this bug so that the tile can be explored normally (not by using IGE)??

The attached modified "IGE_Window.lua" script automatically positions IGE's main menu button so it does not overlap with other stuff. Although intended to work with EUI, it is also designed to work fine without EUI.
Simply replace IGE's "IGE_Window.lua" file with the modified one.
Cheers

happened across this today, and I gotta say THANK YOU :goodjob:! This works perfectly with EUI (adds IGE to the Left hand top panel on the right most side) it fits in like its part of EUI!

Installation and launch
Notes below are for PC only. Mac users should look at the FAQ for Civ5 on the Mac.
Unzip the archive in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods". You should have, among others, a file such as "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Mods/Ingame Editor (v10)/Ingame Editor (v10).modinfo"
Delete older versions if any and flush the cache (delete all files in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache").
Start or restart Civilization 5.

Let me get this right. :) I'm supposed to delete all files in "My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache?Can somebody confirm this?I don't want to make a mistake. ;)

Top Bottom