Uomo Universalis

The error looks generic, can't make much out of that. Did you try to load a v1 save game in v2 by chance? The only times I remember getting a crash on loading a game is if a mod is not loaded, or a wrong version. Otherwise there is a slight possibility something shows in Database.log; if you send/post it I can have a look.

Hey cool, thx the fast answer!

Here is the log: http://uploaded.to/file/v8r60vcl

Yes, played Kongo v.1, loading failed. Then load with v.2 failed. After that tried Rome in v.2 loading failed.

Only thing i could imagine is that it wouldn't run with another mod...ill give a try with UO pure and send report.

Keep goin and thx a lot!

@Regul: nothing related in the log I'm afraid. What you can try is open the save with notepad (or similar) and check the first line. There the mods that are loaded for the save are listed between the map and player color. Make sure you go through the "mods" menu and activate just those before loading. Probably those will match the ones already activated though. Good luck!

@Nefliqus: The downloads database has a 10 MB size limit, so I put the package with all info there (the same I put on the mod browser). You "need" that package so you can click "I like this" :mischief:

@Moriboe

Well, after de-selecting some city-state add-ons it managed to load savegames for the scenario. Seems one or two of them are incompatible for UO. :rolleyes:

InfoAddict is running quite well, same mapscripts (PerfectWorld3, Tectonics...).

Thx a lot for your assistance and for one of the best mods for Civ V! :thumbsup:

I uploaded v3. Will play around with it a bit before making it final.

New are Great Works and Legendary Cities. A city becomes legendary upon hitting lvl 125 (at ~40k culture) and receives a Great Artist as reward (a policy seemed too powerful). A notification will pop up for your and rival cities going Legendary. It will show the city name if you hover over it, a click brings you to the city location (if it is revealed to you). For the following screenshots I put the level requirement at 1 just to show.

Attachments

• legendary0.jpg
    legendary0.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 441
  • legendary1.jpg
    legendary1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 423
  • legendary2.jpg
    legendary2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 431
It's on the mod browser. In the end a legendary city does grant a free policy instead of an artist; it's hard enough to get. In my test game no-one did.

i did get a legendary city, and it reminds me of being in RFC for BTS and you get your first triumphial arch for meeting 2 of 3 UHV's. it just feels great but the only way to get it is to build a few wonders and target it. its no harder than targeting patronage or targeting big ben. you have to hit a few marks on builds and early culture (monument first does me well) and it is on the way. maybe there could be a few "city of legend" types for science, hammers, happiness etc.? it feels like i turned my city into a real city like in the older civ's when you deco your throne room in your ugly cave but that next click turns the grassy ground into a beautiful floor and before you know it you feel like a king with a beautiful throne room and palace.

Wonderful, I'm glad you found it rewarding :D
Hope you don't mind if I ask for more feedback :) At what point in the tech tree did you get it? Do you think that with different planning (and maybe more game time) it would be possible to get two (or even three) legendary cities? And if you went for a culture victory: when did you achieve that?

More legendary city types could certainly work, but are not as needed I think. City specialization yields its own rewards. The legendary (culture) cities are specifically to add another step stone on the path towards the culture victory (but can of course be achieved in any strategy).

well, i played on emperor (i lost in the end to invasion but it was totally deserved). I used Polynesia and went straight for stonehenge which i got and pyramids which i did not (did it for the gold) and bought 5 scouts over the first 30 turns. the AI strangely didn't declare on me and i allied with a cultural religous state, still with one city. over time i built many wonders and bought many buildings until i finally obtained everything pre-ren that has building req's such as heroic epic and national treasury. i chose lib all the way for my first settler finish and my free settler to come out at the same time and i settled them at the same time, and with 5 scouts the AI still did not declare war.

Finally, my capital was legendary and when i took patronage opening after completing liberty tree - i got dogpiled and that was my end. with a proper strategy aimed at anything other than getting a city - maybe if i played to win for instance, i would have gone monument first as i did. that monument + free settler made a big difference.

it would be easy to get 3 cities due to all the cultural wonders the AI doesn't pursue that well. it focused on military ones which i ignore. 2 spearman + 3 archers can buy you plenty of time to build happiness and cultural wonders like circus maximus. like a cultural victory your bound to get them to happen but a 4th or 5th would require a lot of mid-late game sandbagging after already establishing the ability to win in other ways.

i would say legendary cities - should perhaps be used or thought of as signposts to a cultural victory. it is attrition at its best :)

Perfect! Planning for 2 or 3 makes for an additional strategic consideration :)
Thanks for the thorough report!

tommorrow i will play a game intending to get 3 legendary cities and actually win - my only concern is the third city.

it would be easy to manipulate the cultural growth of the third city at this point in a normal game, and one could time out its growth - maybe a system of diminishing returns to make each city after the first harder would work. i would almost rather see an endgame state with 5-8 legendary cities across the board with 2 or so under one persons control. no form of wonder-hoarding should contribute to legendary cities as per my argument. therefore, culture from wonders should NOT count toward legendary city growth. perhaps a city should become legendary based on 4 factors: how much happiness it contributes your empire, how much culture it contributes your empire, how much gold and how much production it contributes.

after all, any common giant metropolis can carry 1 or 2 of these factors, but a city of legend for it's age should be at least great in 3 of the 4.

if cities were legendary by bonus type (legendary happy city, legendary culture city, legendary production city) then each one could be like a world wonder - and if a city became more legendary, a static benefit would be moved over to the new legendary culture city. (Madrid has surpassed Tenochtitlan!) but i won't delve too far into it. what an awesome concept.

You know it sounds a lot like Moaf's Cultural Capitals when put that way :) In fact back then I suggested something along similar lines in his topic: to have different kinds, not just "cultural" capitals. It would be something new though, not aimed at a particular strategy (and maybe too dependent on location).

it would be easy to manipulate the cultural growth of the third city at this point in a normal game, and one could time out its growth
No and yes. I just observed that a city cannot grow more than one level per turn, even when producing much more culture (I hereby declare this an intended feature). The overflow is kept, but it just keeps on accumulating. So you can't get a city to legendary quickly. But it is very predictable when it will achieve the status.

maybe a system of diminishing returns to make each city after the first harder would work.
As the speed of going legendary is capped, the cities after the first will achieve it later without special rules. It also serves as an equalizer: there will be foreign cities slowly getting there. Though the latter is just speculation; I haven't seen a foreign one, but my games didn't reach 1950 (I quit when victory is assured).

no form of wonder-hoarding should contribute to legendary cities as per my argument. therefore, culture from wonders should NOT count toward legendary city growth.
Wonders are what make great cities unique, I think it would feel kinda unrewarding not to have them count. I remember people complaining when the game came out about wonders just generating a single culture point. There IS a system to counter the wonder madness, albeit a gentle one and turned off by default. I called it "REDUCE_WONDER_HOGGING" and, among others, it adds a -3% :c5production: modifier to all wonders for building future ones in that city. In my last game my capital was at -24% at turn 175! (That's deserved for having a too good starting location.)

Madrid has surpassed Tenochtitlan!
That would be pretty cool, and certainly doable. It would require (dynamic) data structures to keep track of all cities' progress on various fronts, whereas now the culture level is a single (available) value I consult. I took the easy way and I think for now that's how it will stay ;)

I have tried the same today by the way: get three legendary cities. My game went smoothly (some luck no doubt) and barely missed a wonder I aimed for. After my third city became legendary I had only 6 turns left to go to complete the final branch. At this point I was about 1/3 into the modern age, so there were still cultural goodies to come. As all went perfect for me, this means it doesn't need to in order to have a shot at the cultural victory (but it does require dedication!); I'm very happy with how it turned out!

I would love Legendary status to become the requirement for cultural victory instead of policies. The base reasoning is that right now we are handcuffed from adding too many extra policies or branches under the worry it would make cultural victory too easy or hard. Second, I am a fan of decoupling anything that has its own inherent benefit from a victory condition. I like science victories because it involves building several things that serve no purpose other than victory. I feel a similar system could work for culture.

Sneaks said:
I would love Legendary status to become the requirement for cultural victory instead of policies.
I like that. Getting 6 full trees is not interesting an sich; having to click "end turn" some more just for the utopia project simply not fun. I see there is a Game:SetWinner(TeamTypes eNewWinner, VictoryTypes eNewVictory) function, so that should be easy. I would also follow your intention of adding Great Work culture to the nearest city then. Just looping over cities and compare Manhattan distances should do.

thadian said:
i think it should be a mix of factors - a legendary city + 2 complete policy trees + something else .
I could keep around the utopia project. Two complete trees I get in any game I think, so more than that. Perhaps 4. But I feel it should help get the victory condition, not (only) add another one. I could make it so that once completed, cities can grow more than one level per turn. Just a manual correction where the overflow is deducted and an extra level added. Would raise the level requirement to 150.

Good ideas guys, this could become a selling point (figuratively of course) for the mod :mischief:

Questions about the scenarios: What is the major difference between the two? Does one not have all of the civs available(I'm guessing the Ancient one). Also how is it decided which civs exist in a certain game or not? Is it random is it made based on your civ choice? And finally I would love a map with all the great civs you made in it, but is 22 a hard limit or can that be changed or even the speed say of the scenario will there ever be alternate versions for things like that?

Also I find Europe is a bit distorted and could be bigger.

Either way thanks for the wonderful mod.

Top Bottom