Hulfgar's Industrial Warfare

Works very nice!

There is a next version to use Gods and Kings expansion? I think this pack is great for this mod!

Hello Canabrava,

Yes a version for Gods and Kings is planned.
But it will require some time, first I need to play the expansion to see how the mod can fit with it and next I will have to convert it :)

Ministry of Finance is bugged. Text says only 5 Tax Offices are required, but the game actually appears to require 8 (I have 5 in my current game already and it says I'm 3 short) ;)

*Sigh* Looks like I'm back to waiting.... Steam just downloaded a June pre-expansion patch...

Well I will look into Gedemon's solution, he seems to have found a way to make his mod compatible with the last patch.

Yes, it's a lot of time to convert sadly, but once done it will allow greater compatibility between mods.

Yes, it's a lot of time to convert sadly

hello Gedemon, I agree! I've not understood everything you said in your post about the use of the SLQ Lite manager but I'm using your SQL file as a template. On the last test I've managed to get rid of the spearmen skins but instead of the skins of the unit I have a puff of smoke and nothing appears.

here my code as it is the file, did I forget something or is there something else to change in the files ?

Code:
INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_PATROL_BOAT','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PATROL_BOAT',1);

INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitInfos" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_PATROL_BOAT',3,'');

INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PATROL_BOAT','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady AttackSurfaceToAir','',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'');

INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PATROL_BOAT',0,0,'',25,50,NULL,NULL,NULL,'ART_DEF_VEFFECT_ARTILLERY_IMPACT_$(TERRAIN)',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'EXPLOSIVE','EXPLOSION1TON');
INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PATROL_BOAT',1,0,'',25,50,NULL,NULL,NULL,'ART_DEF_VEFFECT_ARTILLERY_IMPACT_$(TERRAIN)',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BULLETHC','BULLETHC');

INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos" VALUES('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PATROL_BOAT',0.07,NULL,'Sea','Grom_Class.fxsxml','METAL','METALLRG');

Believe me or not, I'm not an expert in SQL.

That why I'm using SQL Lite, an extension for firefox allowing me to open the game database (Civ5DebugDatabase.db in the "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache" folder) and check if the entry have been correctly added when the mod is loaded, or directly try some code (query) there.

If nothing appears, check that the units models (fxsxml, gr2, etc) still have the VFS set to true, when updating modbuddy some files in my mods had lost this value.

In your case, at one glance it seems correct, so have you checked the Database.log file for error ?

Yuck! Get rid of those double quotes in your SQL. Table names and column names get single quotes only when you are first creating them (in CREATE TABLE function or when adding a new column with ALTER TABLE ). After that, don't quote them at all. (OK, the purpose of the double quote is if you want to use some reserved keyword like "insert" as a table or column name. It's not hurting you but it is sort of aesthetically jarring to someone who does use SQL.)

Also, you might want to use column names explicitly (in parenthesis after the table name) rather than depending on them to maintain their present order and number. If Firaxis ever adds a column not on the end, you're screwed (unnecessarily so). Also, there is no reason why SQL shouldn't be easy to read and edit, like this:
Spoiler :
You can't quite see it above but my lines are bracketed by SELECT ... UNION ALL. This is just an alternative to VALUES( ... ) that allows multiple inserts. But the larger point is that you can see what values go into what columns, which is impossible in your code.

OK, I'll go haunt someone else's thread now...

Gedemon and Pazyryk thanks for the help and good advices.

After some tries I've got it working!

Now I just have to convert everything, it's a long long way from home ....

Is there any way to get an earth map to work with this Hulfgar?
One with TSL would be golden :)

Hello Maxi,

so far there seems to be an incompatibility with TSL maps.

This comes probably from the resources and this most probably Lua related.

Unfortunately I have not enough knowledge in Lua to change this at this time :(

Ver 6 (compatibility with the latest patch is working and ready for download).

It is NOT compatible with G&K only with Vanilla Civ5.

Plans now are :

Bug correction for ver 6 is needed.
Play G&K
Make the mod compatible with G&K

As always your feedback is welcome :)

I will play more G&K to learn and when is compatible, i will test and feedback.

This new system to choose mods and DLC is nice i i'm thiking: would work put all DLC on this mod and who doesn't have just don't select on DLC screen or something like that?

An updated version of the mod is available.

Aside from some bug correction with some txt files here are the major changes :

Satellites are back to reveal the map.
The add on for Polynesia is not needed anymore.

Going back to the conversion to G&K, which is going nicelt forwards.

Canabrava : for the G&K version no add on will ne needed, because Spain is included in tle expansion and for the other DLC civs I found a way to not need an extra file :)

Vanilla.

The G&K version is almost ready, It should be ok for testing by sunday.
If you wish to run the test with me I will be glad to give you a link for download :)

Top Bottom