Revolutions

Thanks Gedemon. I downloaded and built the latest version and ran it on autoplay by itself on standard settings. The bug that I saw in the above post didn't happen. There were no crashes but I did see another bug which I have attached. It was a city that was dead but still had it's banner showing (see attached graphics, log and save). It might be because of the new culture diffusion?

Attachments

• RED DLL v8 bug.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
I really like your mod but I just had a question. I noticed this error keeps popping up in the lua console:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Richard\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Revolutions (v 9)\Lua\RevolutionFunctions.lua:1712: attempt to index local 'reservedCS' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
I wasn't sure if I was missing some part of the mod, if this was normal, or if I could adjust something to fix it.
Thanks.

As this all gets ported over to the RED.dll will there be any chance of it being combined with other dll like whoward has done for CSD and Civ 4 Diplomacy???

Really liked both Cultural Diffusions and Revolutions although I ended up with lots of City States with funny names becasue everyone was unhappy.

And also did you mean for the culture flip to by hostile military to be so powerful ie count as in friendly terriorty when healing now and also will give bonus to those units which normally are reserved for defensive duties "berber cav". Oh and you can pillage anymore.

Anyone else find that after the modern era kicks in you can't access the stability info because the number of resources pushes it off the bar?

Anyone else find that after the modern era kicks in you can't access the stability info because the number of resources pushes it off the bar?

That's a common problem with any mod that adds items to the top panel. It also depends upon your screen resolution, to a degree.

Your best bet is to modify topPanel.lua and/or related graphic resources to shrink some of the vanilla items which waste space. The biggest offenders are the strategic resource icons, which really don't need more than a single icon (i.e. they all appear in the related tooltip anyway). You could also reduce the right-most text entries (help, menu, etc) to icons.

Some UI mods provide this, but you may not want all of their features. I would study a few mods such as Enhanced UI or Communitas Interface and customize topPanel.lua according to your own needs. I don't know of an existing mod to recommend which specifically targets space wasting items without providing additional features.

the mod will be a part of the R.E.D. DLL for BNW (because I've ported the code for culture diffusion to the DLL side, it's now faster...), I have a version almost ready for release but my last test show some very big lag when selecting units while at war in multiplayer and I want to have a look at that before making it public, even if I suspect it to be a vanilla issue with the sequential/hybrid mode...

the development version is available here:
https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-RED-DLL-BNW-Build (download the zip or use Git)

It's the project, you have to build it with modbuddy if you want to test it.

Now for your question, I know that have changed a few thing during the inclusion in the DLL mod (but they are marginal for Revolution, and mostly Lua, while the whole Cultural diffusion code has been rewritten), but I don't remember if it could have fixed that...

Thanks Gedemon. I downloaded and built the latest version and ran it on autoplay by itself on standard settings. The bug that I saw in the above post didn't happen. There were no crashes but I did see another bug which I have attached. It was a city that was dead but still had it's banner showing (see attached graphics, log and save). It might be because of the new culture diffusion?

Hi folks,

I'm also testing the RED DLL v8 build from github. Having some application hang issues.

Mechanically, everything seems sound. New combat features (adjacent tile counter-fire, damage estimates, etc) are all working and there are no outright crashes. However, i do get the occasional application hang (no CTD, no dump) at the end of turn processing, after or during barbarians turn. Civ5 simply goes unresponsive.

I can provide logs (they aren't revealing to me, so far), but I'm wondering if this symptom sounds familiar. I'm working from a clean base... just the RED v8 DLL, Stacking overhaul (v3), UI for stacking, along with RED unit graphics.

I presume Custom Advance Startup is no longer required? I've tried it with and without. I know it used to be required for Revolutions in order to reserve City States.

My chief suspect, at the moment, is the option to group AI diplomatic requests at the end of the turn... since that's when I see the freeze up. Maybe... maybe not :crazyeye:

That's a common problem with any mod that adds items to the top panel. It also depends upon your screen resolution, to a degree.

Your best bet is to modify topPanel.lua and/or related graphic resources to shrink some of the vanilla items which waste space. The biggest offenders are the strategic resource icons, which really don't need more than a single icon (i.e. they all appear in the related tooltip anyway). You could also reduce the right-most text entries (help, menu, etc) to icons.

Some UI mods provide this, but you may not want all of their features. I would study a few mods such as Enhanced UI or Communitas Interface and customize topPanel.lua according to your own needs. I don't know of an existing mod to recommend which specifically targets space wasting items without providing additional features.
Great thanks for your help.

I have been using this mod for a while. is there a reason why it grants everyone tons and tons of happiness at the start of the game? Every time I install the mod I have to go in and edit the happiness values from 12 to 0 or I have way too much happiness and it's super easy to expand without any problems.

I usually use the Communitas mod btw.

Edit: I think the Communitas mod changes the way national happiness works and that's the issue at hand.

anyone else having a problem with America, when I load the game with all the mods the units disappear before I even place the city. I played a regular game (no mods) and it works fine, its just this one civ

Anyone still playing this mod?

Anyone still playing this mod?
A lot of people I think, but since Gedemon is kind of disappeared from the world of civ5 modding, the mod isn't really supported anymore.

Are you experiencing any problems?

Not at all, I haven't played it in over a year, and remembered it. I wanted to see how y'all's games were going with Raging Rebels turned on/off. What difference you were seeing and if it was really crippling the AI or your own empire. I just started (just entered the Classical Era) a new game as the Celts in a huge map of Western Europe on Emperor/Marathon with time victory disabled. I worry most about balance than anything, but I love how it's making me play differently than before.

Not at all, I haven't played it in over a year, and remembered it. I wanted to see how y'all's games were going with Raging Rebels turned on/off. What difference you were seeing and if it was really crippling the AI or your own empire. I just started (just entered the Classical Era) a new game as the Celts in a huge map of Western Europe on Emperor/Marathon with time victory disabled. I worry most about balance than anything, but I love how it's making me play differently than before.

In my experience raging rebels kind of unbalances things when playing on higher difficult levels. They spawn too quickly and I've also experienced a bug where cities declare independence and declare war on you afterwards no matter what multiple times.

I noticed that too in the game I played pre-BNW. This game I am trying out, I unchecked the Raging Rebels to see how that goes. Poland had the unfortunate luck to be close to Sofia city state and Krakow, even though it is close to Warsaw, is in constant turmoil. I also specifically chose to have Venice as an AI to see how rebellions would work when they acquire city states. I just found them on the just south of real life Wales. My starting location is approx. where Luxembourg is in real life.

I think it would be great if we could share our experiences and progress on this thread so that Gedemon (or his successor on this mod) has some data points to help improve the mod. So far, I'm getting great enjoyment out of it.

I think it would be great if we could share our experiences and progress on this thread so that Gedemon (or his successor on this mod) has some data points to help improve the mod. So far, I'm getting great enjoyment out of it.

I would like they very much too.
Not only in the interest of getting this mod to work even better, but also in the interest of compatibility with other great mods.
Not that I on the top of my head can mention any incompatibilities, but I seem to remember others having some. I'll have to do a reread of the thread first to list known problems and bugs.

I noticed that cities that achieve initial independence go ahead and raze their city right away. Are y'all experiencing that? I wish this wasn't the case....

I'm not sure if anyone still maintains this mod but the chart and description for stability is blank.

Also is this compatible with events and decisions?

Nobody's supporting the mod anymore, but I am still playing with it. Been having some great games with it.

Word of advice, don't play this on a huge map with large land masses. If a couple of civs expand too fast late in the game and managed their empires' happiness poorly, massive civil wars break out. The game will crash during the city state/barbarian turn due to low virtual memory. And my computer is no horse drawn cart either.

In my game, America is engaged in a civil war that makes the actual Civil War of the 19th century look like a catfight. The rebels have an infantry army so large, makes the Soviet Red Army during the Cold War look like a book club gathering at the public library. I am just glad I did not have a defensive pact with the Americans, particularly since my largest border is shared with the United States.

Brazil, who is a behemoth in my game, is sinking into one after a grinding war with Germany. Meanwhile, I have a rebellion that is on the verge of getting out of control since my army is on the other side of my empire and my Air Force can't get there soon enough to help put it down. Since I control the seas, navy upgrades have not been a priority and frigates don't exactly cause enough damage to infantry to really slow them down.

I have a few stadiums on the verge of completion which will help with.

Polynesia also seems to insist on expansion even though they keep losing their colonies to separatists, and relentlessly attempting to regain control.

If it wasn't for the crashes, this would be so much fun.

Hey Guys we should make compatible these mods:
Revolutions,
Corporations,
Global Warming,
Hulfgar's Modpack,
and Health and Plague. I am sure we would get such an awesome game

Top Bottom