Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

I found a way at playing this mod with TSL by enabling RED modpack. It doesn't work without RED.

But one question hulfgar how do you change the number of solders in one unit like having 30 pickish warriors instead of 16. I've replaced the vanilla units text on both folders(RED and your mod) to my specifics but it doesn't have any affect.

Edit: NVM problem is fixed now

hello Echoluken,

glad you fixed the problem :)

which version of the mod do you use ?
Ver 5 has the same mechanism for ethnic skins as Gedemon's RED Modpack, so it should work whithout RED. Both mods are probably compatible, I think you need to load RED after my MOD to be sure.

i tried in that order but the game simply keeps on freezing on the loading screen. I don't know why but I don't have that problem when RED v 15 is enabled. Also it might be good note that this has only worked with verison 5 of your mod.

Hulfgar, I think you may need to check your file with civ specific units for v5. Or did you intentionally go kamikazi crazy? :)

Do you know if your mod will conflict at all with civ mods?

Hello Bslade !

do you mean the AI is using too much kamikaze ? If so I will tweak the flavor for suicide units or bind them to some beliefs or religion.

I'm not so far (only in the Renaissance) to have experienced it at this time so any precision is welcome :)

Next version (6) will have a most wanted feature : Redox has coded the Partisan spawning when a city is taken. I just have to define the units. Partisans will be available with gunpowder.

Do you know if your mod will conflict at all with civ mods?

I don't think it will conflict with a new civ. But it could happen if some text files have the same tags.
If you have a conflict just tell me and I will have a look into it.

I hope you enjoy version 5 :)

Echoluken I'm not surprised that it's working only with 5. In this version I changed the way ethnic units are handled in the hope to have a compatibility with TSL maps.

But if it's working only with RED 15 enabled then I will have a look into it, I may have missed something!

Sorry to be confusing. I'm referring to when choosing a civilization on the set-up screen, three civilizations have kamikaze as their unique unit. Russia has a new special unit (missile launcher) and all others are vanilla units. Version 6 with partisans, yeah!:clap: Do you have an ETA on this, you've not got me thinking I shouldn't get into a version 5 game.

Version 5 with Stalin mod failed. Think they are sharing the special building tag as it had an error.

Hello Bslade,

Thanks for clarifying.
Kamikaze are "missile" for Asia and Middle East civs. Other civs have the Flying Bomb.
I will look for a way to have only 1 Kami, with ethnic skins but still bound to some civs and all of this in keeping the compatibility with futur civs.

What I wish is to have 1 UU wityh very limited number per civ in the end era (Germany has the Sturmtiger, Russia the Katyusha, France and Japan their Submarine Carriers).
The question is : which could be fitting for America, England, ... ?
For America I though perhaps the B17 would be fitting.

Do you have an ETA on this, you've not got me thinking I shouldn't get into a version 5 game.

You can start a game with version 5 :)
Reasons are :
1- I need to make some Partisans aka weaker musketeers, riflemen,... . This should be quick.
2- I need to finish my own ver 5 game and to apply the changes, bug corrections coming out.
3- I will add the last ethnic units coming out (Bernie just released some Spanish Riflemen, I have some Iroquois to add).
Will all those changes I'm not sure that ver 6 will be compatible with ver 5 saved games and I want players to have the time to finish their game.

So I would say 2 weeks at minima, 3 weeks at maxima.

Version 5 with Stalin mod failed. Think they are sharing the special building tag as it had an error.
Thanks I will check this, do you have a log of the database?

I am currently having a problem when trying to build a caravel. Every time I try building one, the next turn it says it was completed but it was not actually built. The game then indicates that I need more timber even though I have a surplus of it. I'm not sure if the frigate or other wooden ships have the same problem because I don't have navigation yet.

Also, the Charcoal Burner's hut consumes two timber instead of the one that is indicated.

Maybe instead of ships individually requiring timber, a new building could be made that consumes a few timber and allows for the construction of all early naval ships similar to the warship factory.

Hello Soverign,

strange thing with the Caravel, could you post me a saved game of yours.

Also, the Charcoal Burner's hut consumes two timber instead of the one that is indicated.
Which version of the mod are you playing? in 5 I have corrected the text (or maybe I did it after packing the mod)

Maybe instead of ships individually requiring timber, a new building could be made that consumes a few timber and allows for the construction of all early naval ships similar to the warship factory.

Good idea, I will probably do it this way.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

open the file Unit-Updates.sql in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition (v 5)\SQL

change the "1" in a "2" in those lines.

Code:
-- RANGE UPDATES
UPDATE Units
SET Range = "1"
WHERE Class = "UNITCLASS_CHARIOT_ARCHER";

UPDATE Units
SET Range = "1"
WHERE Class = "UNITCLASS_COMPOSITE_BOWMAN";

UPDATE Units
SET Range = "1"
WHERE Class = "UNITCLASS_ARCHER";

UPDATE Units
SET Range = "1"
WHERE Class = "UNITCLASS_CROSSBOWMAN";

I agree it's a bit complicated to keep the archer alive when they are not on defense.
I should give them the ability to move after firing to keep them at 1 range, what do you think of this ?

Thanks for the effort there Hulfgar.

With archers, and ranged units, I thought the idea with Civ V was to give a different combat mechanism than units barging into each other as in previous versions. If the range is reduced to 1, combined with the stacking requirements, you are unable to protect your ranged units and destroy that difference.

The ability to retire would be okay, but that seems to me to smack more of a guerilla outfit rather than a unit that was supposed to take its place on a battlefield.

yes I agree with you. The problem with a range of 2 : it means that the longbow should have a range of 3 and this is clearly abused!

Thanks for the advice on the Shrine, I will update the text.

Oh I love playing as England. longbow updates to a Gatling gun and then Machine Gun- all with an extra range.

I think perhaps (if you want to give an advantage to a longbow) don't give it an extra range but give it the promotion that allows it to fire twice in one go (I believe they could be fired faster than a crossbow).

England to me seems to be given a lot of edges. Why the extra spy? If it is anything like the Cambridge 5 all England's spies should be double agents - for the opposition!

Oh I love playing as England. longbow updates to a Gatling gun and then Machine Gun- all with an extra range.
uh ! the extra range was not intented, I will have a look into this :)

yes Crossbow were slower than Longbows.

I will probably head for this :

Crossbows 1 in range, good to defend cities from the walls.
Bows : 2 in range, the longbow with same strengh as the crossbow which makes it superior to all other bows.

England Longbow with the fire twice ability.
What made English longbowmen superior was not their bows (all Europe used longbows) but their training.

Why the extra spy?
Maybe the coder at Firaxis is a James Bond Fan :)

Hulfgar, just two small events and I am not certain if they are correct or not.

I built an archery range in a city and an archer appeared with it. I'm not sure whether that is intended (I had reached composite bowmen by that time so I didn't ask for an archer).

Again, I built a cathedral with faith and two knight templars appeared. I had.t built the Holy War. Again, I'm not sure if that is intended.

Cheers.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

it's normal for both :)

In ver 6 the Archery range will give 1 free composite bowman (instead of 1 archer).

Cathedral gives 2 free Templars (will be 1 in ver 6), the mosquee 2 Djihad Muslim Cavalry, the Pagoda 2 Monk Warriors.
With the Holy War project you are able to build more (in the limit of 3 per civ), if you have the prereq building (cathedral,...)

Units cannot be directly tied to a religion ( :( ) so I used this system with religious buildings.

I'm not completely happy with it should work.

Top Bottom