Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

Putmalk, is there any way you can provide your Source Code? This is something I was dreaming off since the release of Civilization V, and I would love to include it in my Modding Project. Problem is, some changes would already require DLL changes; and there are other DLL mods I would also like to include. Glad to know IDs and others are not changed.

-- Genghis.Khan

Putmalk, is there any way you can provide your Source Code? This is something I was dreaming off since the release of Civilization V, and I would love to include it in my Modding Project. Problem is, some changes would already require DLL changes; and there are other DLL mods I would also like to include. Glad to know IDs and others are not changed.

-- Genghis.Khan

Yeah I can provide it, after Version Five so you can see what I did. If I forget, remind me after I release version 5.

Current planned patch notes for Version 5:

Spoiler :

Version 5:

AI
  • Updates to AI evaluation of Technologies (While trading technologies)
  • If a tech rewards multiple embarked move changes, for each move change increase, the AI will evaluate the tech higher. (This would only affect modded Technologies.xml's)
  • AI now values technologies that provide the following benefits:
    • Enables Embassies - +10% (up from +0%) (Writing)
    • Enables Open Borders - +25% (up from +0%) (Civil Service)
    • Enables Defensive Pact - +25% (up from +0%) (Chivalry)
    • Reveals the entire World Map - +100% (up from +50%) (Satellites)
    • The AI had previously evaluated other benefits, and they have remained unchanged
  • Modifier based on the number of beakers remaining on a tech for the buying civ.
    • If the tech costs 285 beakers and we have 200 beakers remaining left to research, the modifier becomes 200/285. The AI will value the tech at 200 instead
    (before tech attribute modifiers).
  • Technologies that award the ability to build nukes will increase the value of the tech by 100% (Atomic Theory)
  • Technologies that award access to nuclear units will increase the value of the tech by 50% (Nuclear Fission, Advanced Ballistics)
  • Technologies that are repeatable (default Future Tech) can no longer be traded.
  • MODDERS: Please note all changes are modular, so if you change the Technology Tree, the AI will still value the techs as they should.
  • AI will weight the power of Aircraft 30% more than before. This will be used to determine military strength.
  • Updates to AI valuation of World Maps
    • Snow, Mountain, and Ocean tiles are now only worth .1 gold (down from 1 Gold).
    • This means 10 ocean tiles are now only worth 1 gold, as opposed to 10.
    • Fresh Water tiles are now worth 1.25 gold a tile (up from 1)
    • Friendly Territory tiles are now worth 1.25 gold a tile (down from 1.5)
    • Coast tiles are worth 1.25 gold a tile (up from 1)
    • Plot conditionals do stack, so a coast, grassland tile with a resource would be (1 * 1.25 * 1.25) = 3.125 gold (truncated down to 3 gold).

Diplomacy
  • When you have made a Declaration of Friendship with another player, the "Demand" option will be replaced with "Request Help". "Request Help" does not carry a negative diplomatic modifier, and the logic in which the AI determines whether to accept or not is based of need, not military power. "Request Help" is only available every 20 turns. If the AI rejects your request for help, they will not accept until 20 turns have passed. Likewise, if the AI accepts your request, they will not accept until 20 turns have passed.
  • If you are in a bad spot, AI civs whom who've made a Declaration of Friendship with will offer you some assistance in getting back on your feet. If you are low on Happiness, the AI will offer you a free Luxury resource. If you are low on Gold, the AI will offer a donation of Gold.

Gameplay
  • Scientific Revolution: Boosts Science gained from research agreements by 50%. If Tech Trading is active, will provide a 25% discount on all tech purchases.
    Porcelain Tower: A Great Scientist appears near the City where the Wonder was built. 50% more Science generated from Research Agreements. If Tech Trading is active, the Porcelain Tower will increase Science generation in this city by 25%.
  • In a future update, there will be two options "Enable Tech Trading" and "Disable Research Agreements". These policy effects will be dynamic depending on the system.
  • Players on the same Team will no longer be able to trade Technology between each other
  • Players on the same Team will no longer be able to trade Maps between each other (affected computer teammates offering you map trades)
  • AI Players will always be Friendly with their teammates.

Interesting looking Mod! Do alliances/friendships actually work now or will an AI with good relations with you still randomly attack you?

AIs can still be deceptive, so yes, they will attack.

Rob (R8XFT) said:
Once again, thank-you. I think you're doing a terrific job on this :).

Appreciate it! Thanks!

This is getting really interesting. Approaching must have status. That's bad for me, because that gives me 3 dlls I badly want; R.E.D., This one, and Whoward's.

I'm leaning in your direction, as map trading and tech trading are huge additions of high value. But... argh!!! Damn you all! :) :)

Same Here.

If I have time (or in Summer Holidays) and everyone provides the Source Code (please... I know that's some work, but...) even if I don't know C++ (I have to learn), I will merge them (with a few modifications I want to insert in my own Modding Project; and without some of whoward's Modifications, I don't like one or two of them and the Smarter AI Project)....

the 34 civs DLL source is included in the mod, and the source for R.E.D. is on gitHub (and I will put the 34civs DLL source there ASAP, will be usefull for compare, there is not a big diff on this one.)

and without some of whoward's Modifications,
Just turn them off in CustomModOptions.xml then

Same Here.

If I have time (or in Summer Holidays) and everyone provides the Source Code (please... I know that's some work, but...) even if I don't know C++ (I have to learn), I will merge them (with a few modifications I want to insert in my own Modding Project; and without some of whoward's Modifications, I don't like one or two of them and the Smarter AI Project)....
I believe Whoward and Gedemon worked together to blend R.E.D. and Whoward's DLL. So hopefully that will happen again, when they are all ready. If not, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

I will release my source for Version 5 but keep in mind it is constantly changing. ;P

Just letting you know, adding my features in the game also require XML and LUA modifications ('cuz, you know, interfacing and stuff). In the source I've added "// Added by Putmalk" everywhere but I got lazy with the XML/LUA and really didn't. :( I can go through and do that but maybe a little in the future because I want to finish touching up my features for v5.

Updated version 5 notes.

Spoiler :

Last updated: 5/12/2013 2:57 PM EST

Version 5:

AI
  • Updates to AI evaluation of Technologies (While trading technologies)
  • If a tech rewards multiple embarked move changes, for each move change increase, the AI will evaluate the tech higher. (This would only affect modded Technologies.xml's)
    • AI now values technologies that provide the following benefits:
    • Enables Embassies - +10% (up from +0%) (Writing)
    • Enables Open Borders - +25% (up from +0%) (Civil Service)
    • Enables Defensive Pact - +25% (up from +0%) (Chivalry)
    • Reveals the entire World Map - +100% (up from +50%) (Satellites)
    • The AI had previously evaluated other benefits, and they have remained unchanged
    • Access to Manhattan Project - +100% (up from +0%) (Atomic Theory)
    • Access to nuclear units - +50% (up from +0%) (Nuclear Fission, Advanced Ballistics)
  • Modifier based on the number of beakers remaining on a tech for the buying civ.
    • If the tech costs 285 beakers and we have 200 beakers remaining left to research, the modifier becomes 200/285. The AI will value the tech at 200 instead (before tech attribute modifiers).
  • Technologies that are repeatable (default Future Tech) can no longer be traded.
  • MODDERS: Please note all changes are modular, so if you change the Technology Tree, the AI will still value the techs as they should.
  • AI will weight the power of Aircraft 30% more than before. This will be used to determine military strength.
  • Updates to AI valuation of World Maps. They should be more affordable and smarter.
    • Please note that percentages are multipliers. 50% of 1 is 0.5. 200% of 1 is 2.
    • Initial tile value starts at 1 Gold. (down from 2 Gold).
      • Grassland (125%, up from 100%)
      • Snow, Mountain, Ocean: (10%, down from 50%).
      • Marsh: 75% (down from 100%)
      • Oasis: 150% (up from 100%)
      • Flood Plains: 125% (up from 100%)
      • Coast: +125% (up from 100%)
      • Resources: 200% (land), +250% (water)
      • Coastal Land: +125% (up from 100%)
      • Natural Wonder: 1000% (up from 500%)
      • Friendly Territory (125%, down from 150%)
      • Ice: 0% (down from 100%)
    • If you want to get your map value high, you'll want to:
      • Chart the coastlines of islands, continents, etc.
      • Chart many Natural Wonders before your foes
      • Explore meaningful land that reveals resources, or good settling spots!
    • To calculate a plot's worth, multiply it's multipliers by the initial plot value . A few examples:
      • Grassland w/ Resource: (1 * 1.25 * 2) = 2.5 gold.
      • Desert Oasis: (1 * 1 * 2) = 2 gold.
      • Grassland Coast w/ Resource: (1 * 1.25 * 1.25 * 2) = 3.125 gold.

Bug fixes
  • Should now be able to demand World Maps from an AI (previously they would always say the offer was too much).

Diplomacy
  • Afraid AI's will always accept a Share Opinion request.
  • Added new 20 turn buffer period after meeting a new civilization before they will accept a Share Opinion request.
  • When you have a Declaration of Friendship with another civ, the "Demand" option is replaced with "Request Help".
    • Request Help works almost identically to Demand with some noticeable differences:
    • You will suffer no diplomatic penalty when requesting help
    • The AI will judge your demand based on the following ratios:
      • their gold/your gold
      • their gpt/your gpt
      • their science/your science
      • their happiness/your happiness
    • The higher these ratios are, the more likely the AI will accept your request.
    • Demanding/requesting technologies will not be possible as of this time. In a future update, there may be changes to the way AI handles technology demands/requests.
  • AIs whom you have a Declaration of Friendship will occasionally offer to provide help to your civilization, depending on your situation.
    • AIs with a higher Loyalty rating will be more likely to offer gifts.
    • Gifts can be gold, luxuries, or technology (in a future update, they may also gift strategic resources).
    • AIs will only offer if they are in better shape than you are. Thus, on lower difficulties it is extremely unlikely the AI will offer help.

General
  • Scientific Revolution: Boosts Science gained from research agreements by 50%. If Tech Trading is active, will provide a 25% discount on all tech purchases.
  • Porcelain Tower: A Great Scientist appears near the City where the Wonder was built. 50% more Science generated from Research Agreements. If Tech Trading is active, the Porcelain Tower will increase Science generation in this city by 25%.
  • In a future update, there will be two options "Enable Tech Trading" and "Disable Research Agreements". These policy effects will be dynamic depending on the system.
  • Updates to Teams
    • Players on the same Team will no longer be able to trade Technology between each other
    • Players on the same Team will no longer be able to trade Maps between each other (affected computer teammates offering you map trades)
    • AI Players will always be Friendly with their teammates.

Miscellaneous
  • When sharing opinion, should stay on the same screen (reduces amount of clicks needed to share opinion with multiple leaders).

Hi Putmalk,

Any chance of adding the ability to give a Civ units like you can the City States as there have been many a time I wanted to help out a Civ on the side with out going to War.

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

Hi Putmalk,

Any chance of adding the ability to give a Civ units like you can the City States as there have been many a time I wanted to help out a Civ on the side with out going to War.

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

This is possible in Vanilla: move your unit into a friendly civ's territory, and go into the other unit options menu, the same one that has Delete and Fortify in it. There should be a "gift unit" option.

This is possible in Vanilla: move your unit into a friendly civ's territory, and go into the other unit options menu, the same one that has Delete and Fortify in it. There should be a "gift unit" option.
If they are not near you, you are screwed though. Being able to gift from a distance like you can with a CS would be neat.

I appreciate the suggestion and will be considered. No promises.

Also I have finals coming up. -.- I can't work very hard on my mod until next Friday.

This looks great Putmalk! Subscribing to it now and gonna give it a whirl asap!

BTW, is there any way you could work religion into this? I miss having religions matter in diplomacy the way they did in Civ4.

Yes agree but also agree what Hambil said :)

Think it would be cool to gift a unit from afar I think in the real world the Countries call them "Advisors" yeah right :lol:

Putmalk, good luck on your finals.

This looks great Putmalk! Subscribing to it now and gonna give it a whirl asap!

BTW, is there any way you could work religion into this? I miss having religions matter in diplomacy the way they did in Civ4.

Yeah I can work religion into it. I was thinking about adjusting war goals at some point, adding in religious wars as one. Unfortunately that's a big project and I don't exactly have a plan for that right now.

The problem is BNW is quickly approaching and once that hits, my mod dies out until they release the source code for that.

So large projects will be on hold, save for one more secret thing I have coming for Version 6, which I have planned out. It's also why Version 5 is taking so long (also because of nagging bugs that I have now fixed...).

And just a heads-up, Version 5 is going to break previous saves. You'll be able to save/load fine for Version 5 upwards, but trying to load a Version 4 or below save will be impossible. I've spent six hours trying to find out what's the cause of that, I have no luck, so I've given up trying to fix it. D:

You can see the upcoming changes here, and they have been updated since I last posted: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/141452526/828937979197206886/

Top Bottom