PLEASE help me to buy ORIGINAL version of this game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma3721

Chieftain
I like this game very much.I must confess that I am playing cracked version of this game.I want to BUY original Civilization 5 with all expansions(Gods & Kings and Brave New World).I have account in Raiffeisen bank.What I should do to buy this game?Where to buy this game?

Do you want to buy a physical copy, or a digital code to unlock the game on Steam?

I like this game very much.I must confess that I am playing cracked version of this game.I want to BUY original Civilization 5 with all expansions(Gods & Kings and Brave New World).I have account in Raiffeisen bank.What I should do to buy this game?Where to buy this game?

Normally would not help anyone that pirates anything, but as you were honest and seem to be genuine I will do my best.

The easiest way to buy this game is to get it through STEAM. To do so you will need a credit/debit card (VISA/MASTERCARD etc) and you will be able to purchase it all electronically and download it immediately.

IIRC Their is a bundle (GOTYE I think) that is the vanilla game + all DLC's (possibly excluding WONDERs of the WORLD but am not sure).

You can then download any missing DLC's (which if you were pirating I would suggest you buy everything to make up for it).

You then need to purchase the expansions GODS and KINGS (also on STEAM) and BRAVE NEW WORLD (also on STEAM). The whole lot togtehr will probably set you back about $100 (although I am from Australia and we pay much more for games, so you might be able to get it for about 2/3 of that).

Alternatively you can buy from AMAZON (although you may not get all the DLC's this way), and probably many other places.

I hope you do purchase but I would seriously look at your piracy choices in future. Every dollar a pirate takes is one less dollar that goes towards further development and supporting ALL of the people who work on the game. Many of these people are just ordinary guys/gals earning an ordinary wage (check out the credits if you want an idea of just how many people work on the game), if you pirate you are saying you will steal their work and help to ensure no more gets made. One day someone may decide that they are not willing to pay for something you have, and take it from you, how would you feel then ?

Piracy IMO is a good barometer for the character of a society, it shows exactly how much one person considers another when there are no consequences for their actions. If I cop criticism for preaching, well so be it.

Anyway hope you manage to get the game (legally) and enjoy it as much as we do.

Every dollar a pirate takes is one less dollar that goes towards further development and supporting ALL of the people who work on the game.

Pirates don't steal anything since they were not customers anyway. They had already decided they were not willing to spend money on whatever they're pirating. If Toma hadn't pirated the game, the devs still wouldn't have gotten any money.
In this case the developers will actually make money off of piracy, since pirating the game has convinced Toma to spend his/her money on the full game, even if it was a little late.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of piracy either, but there's no need to act condescending either. Especially seeing how Toma is trying to support the game now.

I am living in Godforsaken Serbia(Europa).I will buy this game on STEAM.I want to buy this game so I can get updates(patches) when they appear from developers.Tell me do I need to install Steam client program in order to download this game(when I PAY for it)???How do I get updates(patches) when I install this game on my computer???

@Gabriel Pyyrhic

Just an FYI. I pirate a lot of stuff and thats usually how I decide if I like a game enough to want to buy it. And price is a huge factor when balanced with how much I like the game because of how expensive they are for me.

For me to get civ 5 with full DLC's in steam cost ~115 euro. And my salary after taxes is ~250 euros. So yeah thats a big purchase and I'm not gonna give the money before I'm damn sure there are gonna be worth it.

Civ5 is a game that passed the bar but many other are not and I dont feel a bit sorry for pirating them.

Also pirates dont take any dollars thats the whole point they exist. I can make quite the case that piracy in fact does more to promote a good game than any amount of advertising.

Piracy is a horrible barometer for the character of a society. It has a lot more to do with how well off the society is economically.

Just out of curiosity how much did the game set you back based on your income?

Moderator Action: Please see last post, please do not discuss pirating software.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I am living in Godforsaken Serbia(Europa).I will buy this game on STEAM.I want to buy this game so I can get updates(patches) when they appear from developers.Tell me do I need to install Steam client program in order to download this game(when I PAY for it)???How do I get updates(patches) when I install this game on my computer???

Basically just do the following:

1) Download Steam.
2) Create a Steam Account. Link your Credit/Debit Card details to your account.
3) Search the Store for Civilization V:Gold Pack.
4) Purchase it and after some detail verification, your game will appear in the library. Click on it and click download and it will start downloading.
5) Now search for Brave New World and do the same.
6) Downloads can be paused and restarted if you are not downloading everything in one go.
7) Steam games are usually set to automatically update

That should be it.

The guy above said it all, mostly. Piracy for me is a demo version and a no steam one. I swear, needing steam and internet pisses me off. And this game, from 2010, should be cheaper. Come on.

Pirates don't steal anything since they were not customers anyway. They had already decided they were not willing to spend money on whatever they're pirating. If Toma hadn't pirated the game, the devs still wouldn't have gotten any money.
In this case the developers will actually make money off of piracy, since pirating the game has convinced Toma to spend his/her money on the full game, even if it was a little late.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of piracy either, but there's no need to act condescending either. Especially seeing how Toma is trying to support the game now.

Actually they do. I mean no offence, but that is a simplistic argument. Are you really meaning to suggest that if PIRACY was impossible that no pirate would ever buy a video game (the logical extension of your argument)?

So tell me, if a thief steals a computer from a store and was never going to buy one anyway (because they can just steal it) then that makes it NOT STEALING ?

????????????????

You have redefined what stealing is ?

Anyway I answered his question and then put forward my viewpoint, so it was not just an attack on TOMA. I make no apologies for it. I thought I was very restrained, given my feelings on the subject (perhaps coloured by my own experiences but so be it). If my viewpoint is condescending then is merely a reflection of my attitude to pirates. Personally I would hang em all by their pink and tender bits, but I guess that's a bit extreme :) In the end we all pay for it, through the cost of video games. If no one ever says anything to people that pirate, what exactly is the disincentive ?

I would ask you this, if people couldn't pirate (games/video/music etc) do you think pirates would purchase their entertainment ?

People pirate because they can. This is not food or essentials we are talking about its entertainment. There is no excuse for obtaining it illegally. It is considered OK because it is difficult to police and is for some bizarre reason socially acceptable.

That's my viewpoint, you have yours. I truly do not understand your position but don't begrudge you for it. I do apologise if I have given offense to you in my reply (as you are clearly, from your response, not a pirate), it was not my intent.

@Gabriel Pyyrhic

Just an FYI. I pirate a lot of stuff and thats usually how I decide if I like a game enough to want to buy it. And price is a huge factor when balanced with how much I like the game because of how expensive they are for me.

For me to get civ 5 with full DLC's in steam cost ~115 euro. And my salary after taxes is ~250 euros. So yeah thats a big purchase and I'm not gonna give the money before I'm damn sure there are gonna be worth it.

Civ5 is a game that passed the bar but many other are not and I dont feel a bit sorry for pirating them.

Also pirates dont take any dollars thats the whole point they exist. I can make quite the case that piracy in fact does more to promote a good game than any amount of advertising.

Piracy is a horrible barometer for the character of a society. It has a lot more to do with how well off the society is economically.

Just out of curiosity how much did the game set you back based on your income?

You have been very civil so I will be the same.

I live is Australia, so that means we get royally ripped off in regard to games.

The cost was IIRC

BNW $50
G+K (about the same)
DLC's Cant remember but I think about 7-10 each
Base Game (do not remember but I would hazard a guess at about 90-100 (this was in store, EB GAMES, collectors)).

It really should not matter what a person earns, and my income will compare favourably (ie I am worth about 2 buttons and a stamp, income or asset wise) in this regard to anyone who does not live in a third world country. So if you are thinking I am a wealthy person who is out of touch with real world problems, you are wrong. Every game purchase is a big investment for me, which is why I favour STEAM sales for most of my purchases. That said I do buy collectors editions of certain games when they come out (CIV V was one) and as such do not make many expensive game purchases a year. I realise I cannot afford to have a million games and so work within my limits. Its not so bad, considering what its like in many parts of the world, having a game like Civ V to escape to is a luxury IMO. This what not always the case, once I was well off, but times (as they are for many people around the world) are not easy right now.

If you think that piracy is the domain of poor countries you are also wrong. Do you live in a first world country ? How many of your peer group gamers pirate ? If the first is yes, and the second is many then how does your assertion follow.

Games are easily the least expensive form of entertainment given the amount of time you can get out of them. If you make a bad purchase well, ok it happens, how is that different to any other area of our economic lives ?

Regardless of a persons income why is it acceptable to try out a heap of games illegally before making a choice ? There are numerous ways of doing this, many many games have demos (IIRC Civ V is one of them), there are reviews, forums, gameplay videos, screenshots or finally go down to your local game store and ask to try it.

Why is it OK for anyone to use a given piece of software in a way that is not supported by the developer ? In the end it is their product, why should anyone be able to say oh well I'm poor so the rules don't apply to me. It is not food we are talking about, no one pirates because they will die if they don't.

No you cannot make a case that piracy is good for games or any other media. That's is pure hogwash. I guess all the money that is spent every year to try and educate people about the costs of piracy in all areas of media are paid for by very very stupid people.

BTW In TOMA's case they have already stated they want to buy the game because they want patches, ergo if that was not an issue they would not be buying it.

Finally ........

Having said what I have said, I feel I should add the following. I don't shy away from my opinions in any way, but if my tone has provided offense I do apologise. I tried rather hard to keep it unemotive but feel I probably failed. So MIA CULPA for any lack of civility, explicit or implied.

Anyway I figured this would all likely get out of hand, and will end up turning into circular arguments so I think I will end my part in this conversation here and get back to the gameplay threads.

Regardless of our differences I truly hope your financial circumstances improve in the future. I may not have any sympathy for piracy but I have much empathy for anyone who is struggling. All the best.

Moderator Action: This thread is closed. Advocation of piracy is not allowed at CFC. From the forum rules:
Piracy
We have zero tolerance for piracy. This includes posting pirated material, linking to pirated material, telling people how to avoid copy-protection etc, or even advocating piracy. We also consider "abandonware" to be piracy, as it has no official legal recognition. Please do not link to abandonware sites.

Zero tolerance on piracy
Posting links to warez sites and program cracks (including no-CD crack) are not allowed on the forum. Anyone found guilty of participating in piracy activity on the forum will be punished. Please note that "abandonware" has no legal status, and for the purposes of this rule, we consider linking to abandonware as piracy.
Please do not discuss piracy or cracked version of any game on these forums.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom