DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

Not as such, but you can take copies of "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db" with the various mod combinations you want

The one place I did not look, yes the Civ5ModsDatabase.db is exactly what I was looking for!!

I also saw a mod merge tool, on your pickNmix site, probably will try that as well,
THANKS AGAIN

Post #1 updated with v20 of CSD and v42 of my DLL - enjoy

Hi whoward,

I played a game with the DLL + CSD + CIV4 features + Enhanced UI (after a few tweaks), game worked great, no crashes or anything wrong that I could notice.

EXCEPT: Cities only had 2 tiles around themselves to work, is that correct? Isn't the range supposed to be 3?

Thanks for this, it is an excellent initiative.

Cheers.

Is it ok to use the updated v43 DLL with this mod comp (since it fixes the 2 tile radius bug)?

I'm asking because the front page explicitly states to "use ONLY these" files....which only has v42 as listed.

v43 will work - I've just not gotten around to updating it on post #1 yet

Thank you for clarifying that.

Now I'm off to start a new game with your excellent mods. :goodjob:

Edit: Sorry one last question - Can I use CSD v21 with this mod comp? I noticed the author stated they made some dll changes in the changelog....so I'm assuming the answer is no. Would be great to have your confirmation on this.

(oops, this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post.)

Edit: Sorry one last question - Can I use CSD v21 with this mod comp? I noticed the author stated they made some dll changes in the changelog....so I'm assuming the answer is no. Would be great to have your confirmation on this.

(oops, this was supposed to be an edit of my previous post.)

I just gave Whoward the new CSD dll yesterday (Saturday), so he'll probably need a day or two. It was a minor set of changes, but, until this mod is updated, stick with v20.
G

Here Ninakoru post his DLL code - able - to - being - merged which makes AI significantly better (!!!) - if you could merge it with DLL + CivIV features + CSD

Not going to happen with that current code-base. Partly because the mod isn't stable and will frequently change in the coming weeks/months - see the wish-list for the mod and the list of partially/untested features already added - but mainly because the code has been auto-formatted, resulting in around 6000 changed sections in 23 files, causing over 3500 merge conflicts - and I just don't have the time (or inclination) to sort it out.

Not going to happen with that current code-base. Partly because the mod isn't stable and will frequently change in the coming weeks/months - see the wish-list for the mod and the list of partially/untested features already added - but mainly because the code has been auto-formatted, resulting in around 6000 changed sections in 23 files, causing over 3500 merge conflicts - and I just don't have the time (or inclination) to sort it out.

Wow. That makes my first few .dll versions look like professional work! :)

I noticed you've jumped to v21 of CSD - so you got the v21 I pm'd you, eh? And see, it has been over a week since I changed anything. I told you I was 99.9% done! Thanks again for your valiant effort.
G

I noticed you've jumped to v21 of CSD - so you got the v21 I pm'd you, eh?
Yep. Sorry I forgot to say I'd received it - it been somewhat hectic here!

And see, it has been over a week since I changed anything. I told you I was 99.9% done!
I'd just assumed you were ill ;)

Hmm, is there any chance that these could be merged with Gedemon's 60-civilization DLL? I would LOVE to have some of your "various mod components" in addition with the diplomacy AI mod and 60 civilizations on the map! :D

Whoward, I've been playing with your standard DLL and these Diplomacy mods for quite a while now with no problems. Recently I decided that I wanted to try your 34 Civs DLL, which you have written on your site includes the same functionality as the standard.

I noticed that whenever I try and run with the 34 Civs DLL that I cannot enable the CSD and Civ IV Diplomacy features plugins that you have created; it says that the correct dependencies are not enabled.

I noticed that in the description of the plugins they are specifically asking for the file name of the standard DLL and not the 34 Civs DLL, which is different. So it 'seems' that they may not be able to run together.

What I then did was go into modbuddy and copy/paste your XML files into a new mod without the dependencies that your original copies were asking for. When I fired it back up everything worked - sort of. Turn one, ancient era, still in the process of researching Pottery, and when I meet a new Civ I am able to trade them any Technology from the Tech Tree instantly. However, if you try to do so nothing at all will happen. You can close the diplomacy window and a new technology is not awarded.

Anyway, I just wanted to make you aware of this in case you would inclined to fix it. I realize that these are your mods, and you are under no obligation to any one else who downloads them (thank you none the less for providing them), so if this is something you have no intention of getting to then I perfectly understand.

Upon further review I also seem to be running into this problem with virtually all of your "Global" plugins; such as 3 Units Per Tile, Allies Block Blockades, etc. Curiously, the one that did work without an issue was 2 Units Per Tile, which does NOT have a particular dependency attached to it... at least in the in game Mods menu. So, I'm thinking maybe that maybe the dependencies just need a simple update.

Well, this was extremely long-winded. Sorry about that. If you get time to check it out, cool, if not, I'll keep trying to "patch" it on my end. :p

Thank you!

@Maguyver - Any of my mods that depend on the DLL won't work if you use the 34/43 civ version "out-of-the-box" as the GUIDs from the two mods differ, and that's what the mods that depend on the DLL check for.

What you need to do is download and enable the standard DLL, then download the 34/43 civ version, unzip it somewhere (but NOT into the MODS sub-directory) and copy the required 34/43 civ CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll file into the standard DLL mod.

I'll change the GUID in the 34/43 civ version to be the same as standard version which should fix the problem in future builds (I can do this as I'm not using Steam :D)

Oh, alright, that's cool!

Do I also need to copy/paste the UI/MAPS folders as well? Simple question, I know, but unfortunately I'll be out of town for the week and away from Civ.

I couldn't play this game without your work, thank you so much!

#!*~ forgot about those!

The file under UI is only needed to stop you trying to assign more CS than can be used (ie Majors + Minors + 1 would be greater than 64) so long as you're careful you don't need that file

The one under MAPS is only needed when using map scripts (ie not .civ5map files)

Both require VFS=true, so not as simple as just copying the files from one mod to the other, as you need the corresponding entries in the .modinfo file

Top Bottom