Kremlin's General Winter and The Motherland Calls

"One of the hallmarks of a great nation is its ability to rise to its feet after a fall."

Requires Brave New World

The Motherland Calls
Using the leftover assets, the wonder splash and the quote audio, The Motherland Calls appears as a new wonder for the Order Ideology. Requiring Railroad, The Motherland Calls takes the effects of the Kremlin, giving a free Social Policy and allows armored units to be built 50% faster.

The Kremlin
Now available at Metallurgy, the Kremlin is now terrain restricted to being built on or next to Tundra. The city the Kremlin is built is gains an additional +3 :c5food: Food and +3 :c5production: Production. However, the real benefit from building the Kremlin comes from the General Winter ability it provides your nation. Any enemy units belonging to a Major Civilization within your borders will take 10 points of damage every turn they remain in your territory.

Big thanks to Nutty, bane_, LeeS, and DarkScythe for helping me get the General Winter ability working correctly.

Download link

Steam Link

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I don't think the food or production in the Tundra city would be too overpowering, but kind of wavered between 10 damage per turn or 8.

Kremlin would be kinda overpowered, but the fact that it might only be built near tundra takes care of that.. However in real life it's nowhere near tundra or extreme cold climate so it's a bit weird.. of course it could be the symbolical "Russian Winter" and the "Chills of KGB" down the backs of enemy troops, that are meant :lol: so all is well :)

Tundra or no Tundra, the Kremlin as described here goes from a bit UP to waaaaaay OP. That means that unless the enemy takes your cities every ten turns (gonna be hard when they lose 10 HP a turn without any attack), their entire army will be gone in 8-10 turns. And it doesn't even obsolete...

Kremlin would be kinda overpowered, but the fact that it might only be built near tundra takes care of that.. However in real life it's nowhere near tundra or extreme cold climate so it's a bit weird.. of course it could be the symbolical "Russian Winter" and the "Chills of KGB" down the backs of enemy troops, that are meant :lol: so all is well :)

Haha, yeah I considered the fact that Moscow isn't exactly a Siberia iceland. I tried to capture the "Russian Winter" that halted Charles XII, Napoleon, and Hitler and figured restricting it to Tundra would be best. It would be a little strange to see the Grande Armée get caught in a frost if the Kremlin is hanging out in the desert :lol:

DoctorMcGann said:
Tundra or no Tundra, the Kremlin as described here goes from a bit UP to waaaaaay OP. That means that unless the enemy takes your cities every ten turns (gonna be hard when they lose 10 HP a turn without any attack), their entire army will be gone in 8-10 turns. And it doesn't even obsolete...

I really did want some feedback on the amount, trying to balance between overpowered and insignificant. I based the idea off of Russia's UP in Rhye's and Fall in Civ IV, but looking at the numbers now, it looks like Rhye used 8 points per turn. Do you think 8 would not be too overpowered, or would 5 work better?

Could use General Winter for two scenarios.

How about changing it totally?The Kremlin: Enemy units cannot heal or phillage tiles + military units can pillage tiles on own territory?

Has this been updated yet, or is there an easy way to change the value from 10 to 5 myself?

Does anyone still have a copy of this mod that they could upload for me please. The download links don't seem to work anymore.

Top Bottom