Question about Warmonger penalty in a Multiplayer game

drewgie

Chieftain
Hello civies!

Quick question!

Playing a MP game of Civ V with friends and war has broken out eliminating almost all ai controlled Civs. The warmonger penalty only seems to have an effect on how the AI leaders interact with you, but now that all the Ai is getting wiped out having an extreme warmonger penalty does not seem to be that big of a drawback.

We are now trying to form alliances with the remaining City States now that the world congress is in play. Does having an extreme warmonger penalty effect relationships with City States? Will they declare war with you or anything like that?

Thanks for all your advice!

No, they have an incredibly short memory and forget even that you attacked them over time. I did have an interesting experience once where I DOWed one of 2 touching CS's though and I noticed the other one got a negative modifier as well. I didn't think this could happen. Regardless, it wears off a lot quicker than ai memory though.

As far as I know human's pereception is only human and not programmed (although it does exist, i've noticed that using the E.U.I mod when in hotseat if you hover over the ribbons they show up and you get certain modifiers)

However, City States do have a collective hate where, in vanilla it was them declaring war on you for good (pernament war) while in G&K and I think BNW it is overall resting point drop, making it tougher to make new alliances.

Top Bottom