What do you think is a good start for Spain?

Artifex1

Warlord
If you are playing Spain are you happy with just one found natural wonder? Two?

What do you view a good start? A bad start?

Of course ANY start near a natural wonder is epic with spain as I'm sure you know they double the yields. I care less about the science/happiness ones like old faithful but any of them are super-helpful.

My favorites:

- near lake victoria for +12 food and epic growth!
- near soloman's mines for +12 production and a bunch of early wonders!
- near any faith-generating one for an easy double-enhanced religion and your pick of everything.
- the food/faith ones like uluru/sri pada are really nice as they don't nerf your growth when you switch to them.
- culture ones are really nice too for rapid early policies.
- fountain of youth, if you can find it (super rare) is +20 happiness just for being in spain's borders so that pretty much guarantees you free expansion with no downsides for a while and really snowballs

Faith Natural wonders plus One with Nature pantheon plus Holy order=win. I managed to find 2 faith natural wonders in my last spain game and had them both settled by turn 30 (34 faith per turn at turn 30!).

For Spain, the following would place them in God Tier:

1. Being first to discover El Dorado and being able to settle it

OR

2. Being first to discover Deep Sea Rift and being able to settle it

The following would put them in very good tier:

Being first to discover any other natural wonder and being able to settle it.

The following would put them in below average tier:

Not being close to any natural wonder to have found it first and in addition not being able to settle near any natural wonder.

I actually got a really nice el dorado start once as Spain ,shame I was so much of a noob at the time

Faith Natural wonders plus One with Nature pantheon plus Holy order=win. I managed to find 2 faith natural wonders in my last spain game and had them both settled by turn 30 (34 faith per turn at turn 30!).

You can also use Pagodas & Mosques and spam cities that start with 3 happiness, 4 culture and 5 faith.

By the way, holy mountains also count as mountains so Uluru is net 4 Food 12(?) Faith & 50% Science after Astronomy! Incredible. Also 2 Tiles of 4 Food 2 Hammers, Gold, & Science ain't too shabby either

By the way, holy mountains also count as mountains so Uluru is net 4 Food 12(?) Faith & 50% Science after Astronomy! Incredible. Also 2 Tiles of 4 Food 2 Hammers, Gold, & Science ain't too shabby either

In fact, most natural wonders are considered as Mountain for the purpose of Observatory. However, they don't seem to count for the purpose of the two wonders that require a mountain within two tiles.:crazyeye:

In fact, most natural wonders are considered as Mountain for the purpose of Observatory. However, they don't seem to count for the purpose of the two wonders that require a mountain within two tiles.:crazyeye:
Maybe they didn't want to spoil a holy mountain with a model of Machu Picchu or Neuschwanstein:nono: But an invisible Observatory next to Lake Victoria is okay:crazyeye:

You forgot "one with nature". :) After that little pantheon, Uluru is 4 food, 20 faith ((6+4)*2), and science @ astronomy, indeed. Faith natural wonders are fountains of happiness, when Izzy settles them.

is there some kind of map editor like there was for Civ IV? I'd like to play a game as Spain and put loads of natural wonders next to me just to see how dominant you can get

Top Bottom