bloodthirsty AI's

enelrad

Chieftain
Is it part of the programming of the AI's to go for the conquest victory only?

In my current game, the Romans own the world. they have domination level land at this point on a huge continent. I have one (smallish) medium sized continent, two samll continents and an Ice floe with trees.

is the AI required to wipe me off the face of the earth or will they be content taunting the Germans for the next 400 years? (I think not!)

You will eventually have to fight a war with them. I suggest that you be the one to start it.

We did have a war in which I destroyed one of their cities and took another which I gave to the Germans. (The idiots couldn't hold it 'til I got my troops home- 1.5 galleon points away) They talked to me on the first try.

I realize they wanted the higher techs for the next war they were planning. I have no resources for anything past ironclads. the comp won't even give me my cavalry for which I have the resources and Knights are no match for their cavalry units) and they are waiting (playing cat and mouse) until they can unleash their battleships and tanks - for which they have the resources.

Their attempts to take my cities were soundly defeated with no losses other than some improvments. They are not pleased.

I was feeling pretty pleased with myself until I got their world map and saw why they are ahead in score.(500 points ahead)

I have 22 cities on all my little bits of land, they have 42 with room to grow where they destroyed German cities. I cannot mount a defence against that much power. I will of course die trying but let's be real here.

I'm just hoping to hold off for a few years to up my cultural points -- I'm at 48,000

Are you saying that you have horses and saltpeter and military tradition and you still can't get cavalry? I had a game where I was sure there was a bug where I got the Art of War and upgraded all my units and found out that some weren't upgraded and I was sure it was a bug until I found out that no barracks get built on other continents. Except for the air superiority bug (which, by the way, is fixed now) I'm not aware of any genuine bug (other than silly things like the lines that disappear and the boxes that reappear) still effecting gameplay.

In any event, build cavalry or whatever and take them on. I was also a culture player. Made a lot of bad habits on Chieftain, winning with culture, getting flip after flip. Well, to get enough culture to win at higher levels, you have to neglect your military and the AIs'll kick your butt. No matter how many cities you turn, they'll just conquer em back and it won't do you any good.

you asked:
-----------------------------------------
Are you saying that you have horses and saltpeter and military tradition and you still can't get cavalry?
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

As I said, I have one City with saltpeter and horses in its range -- with a harbour and they won't give me cavalry. I always get military tradition right after flight - it just ain't happening.

I am going to give up on this game and start another at Regent to see how I fare with more Civs. I might just get alive into the next moment-- you never know.

I was attacked by the crazy AI even though I had far more Culture and almost as many units - and the units I had were of a little more advanced quality (his knights vs cavalry, for instance).
I kept defeating his armies and taking his cities. He wouldn't make peace until almost wiped out. It wasn't much fun; just annoying.

Top Bottom