Overseas Empire (Interactive Story & Game)

((I think I'll be Willems Governor in charge of Amsterdam... So do I jump in once you discover the Dutch, or...?))

Hey, I'm left jobless until we meet the Brits!

Hehe WORK OPORTO !!!! We'll be the city that never sleeps! if you know what i mean... MWAHAHAHA ... Did i just say that out loud?

gimme the noobiest position, since i can probably do that

Excellent my liege, with two herds of Elephants so soon in the game, we should have a steady supply of ivory to keep the citizens happy, just in case one of them unfortunately gets pillaged for a few years.

I highly suggest that we try and find the technology to rule these gigantic beasts.

Can I be the Mayor of the next city you found? It can be any specialization or location you wish.

I really can't believe I lost the save again. I think I'm just forgetting to save it after I upload all the screenshots. I did have the initial save so I played it out the same way this time, except the first goodie hut popped a free tech (hunting) and the second a map. We've met Isabella (again.) I researched the wheel instead of hunting this time and I'm researching agriculture. Everything else was the same. Oporto has been founded on the same turn. I'm really sorry about this and I promise it won't happen again.

Heres a screenshot upon the settlement of Oporto:

I'm going to continue playing the save.

Upon the founding of Oporto, the Portugese Empire began to ran smoothly. Sure a few barbarians here and there, but nothing worthy of Joao's ears. Suddenly however, Joao was presented with a joyous piece of information, local blacksmith's and woodsmen have developed a new axe handle which would greatly increase our axemen's ability in battle (Shock, +25% against melee.) However the problem was axes were rare in the Portugese lands, as there was no iron or bronze to be found.

Shortly after the news had been tainted by the fact that a ivory camp had been destroyed, but was quickly repaired by working crews.

Not only had the news about axes come, but Joao had just finished watching the construction of two great structures in Lisbon, the Oracle, and the Colossus. The Gods from the Oracle have taught our soothsayers how to cast metal and the Colossus has greatly boosted commerce on coastal tiles due to it's large structure making navigation easier.

Immediately a third settler was built and was waiting for our alchemists to finish figuring out how to correctly extract iron. To Joao's displeasure, no iron or bronze was found in the immediate area. However a source of iron was just outside Spanish borders. The third settler was sent to the land bridge to the southeast. Not only would it soon encompass a source of cattle and wheat, but it would also server as a canal for ships to pass through out of Lisbon, especially since the Southern Sea was now being blocked by Dutch borders.

Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Mine Collapses!
The old mine outside of Lisbon has just collapsed. Sixteen miners are reported to be dead. The despot has sent men to aid the survivors however, no rescue effort could be made. It is reported that a sum amounting to almost 5 gold has been sent and working crews have already begun to repair the mine.

Now with Guimares settled, Shadow0704, was waiting on his charter.

Mandate & Charter to TheLastOne36

Shadow0704,
I here by delegate mayor duties of the city of Guimares to you. Congratulations are your new found position. You have complete control over production and land working, as well as any garrison regiments or working crews I dispatch to you. You also have the power to appoint lower officials, as well as call or dismiss any assemblies pertaining to your city. Currently the city has been under the despot's control however it is now being released to you.

- S1L3nT (Despot)

With a barbarian city to the northwest and now steady barbarian attacks smashing into the empire, S1L3nT realized there was something that had to be done. Consulting Joao, he set out to settle a fourth city on next to the iron. Sure it was risky, the Spanish were probably going to push the city's borders off of the iron very soon, but it was worth it if they had the iron for just enough time to squeeze out a few regiments of men who bore swords. Once Coimbra was settled a road and a mine connected iron to the capitol. Both Lisbon and Oporto began working a swordsmen while Oporto worked a monument to keep back the Spanish, but just before the first swordsmen was finished, Spain pushed over the iron and claimed it for themselves. S1L3nT now realized he must open borders so his people could adopt the Buddhist faith of the Spaniards. There was no possible way he could defeat them without metals, and they were religious zealots. Without and alliance defeat would me imminent. Borders were now opened with all nations.

A great prophet has been rumored to be roaming the streets of Lisbon, yet the Portuguese have not founded a religion of their own. The Dutch are sending Jewish missionaries to spread their faith and Confucianism has been practiced in Lisbon, but no signs of a Portuguese faith have been shown. Finally, Spanish Buddhism spreads to Coimbra and Joao declares "Portugal is hereby a Buddhist State!!! (I'm waiting to research monotheism and tech theology with the GP, or I might save him for later if I don't think I'm strong enough to fight Izzy. She's your worst nightmare if you don't share her religion, but she's your lap dog if you do.)

Local Sergeant Has Been Promoted
After being in over six battles, one Lisbonian warrior has rose above his cohorts. Linkman226 a fierce combatant has traveled with four different regiments in his military career and killed numerous barbarian scum. After quite a few letter's of recommendations from his Lieutenants, he has been promoted to Warrant Officer of the 1st Regiment.

Here is a screen shot of the empire at 25 AD. The save is attached.

Attachments

• S1L3nT AD-0025.CivBeyondSwordSave
    138.3 KB · Views: 51
Now with Guimares settled, Shadow0704, was waiting on his charter.

Mandate & Charter to TheLastOne36

Shadow0704,
I here by delegate mayor duties of the city of Guimares to you. Congratulations are your new found position. You have complete control over production and land working, as well as any garrison regiments or working crews I dispatch to you. You also have the power to appoint lower officials, as well as call or dismiss any assemblies pertaining to your city. Currently the city has been under the despot's control however it is now being released to you.

Gracious king, I require a map (screenshot) of my city and surrounding area in order for me to successfully manage its well being. Further requests will follow.
- Shadow, Mayor of Guimares

Gracious king, I require a map (screenshot) of my city and surrounding area in order for me to successfully manage its well being. Further requests will follow.
- Shadow, Mayor of Guimares
I'll take more screenshots tomorrow. For now I have to go. It will either be up tomorrow or Saturday.

eeww
this is some good stuff!
I'd like to join!

Sorry it's took me so long to respond, but I stopped when I wasn't really getting much feedback. It took 6 days for a reply and a full 10 from a current participant. I'd continue if more people showed interest.

Top Bottom