Washington's Council

civplayah

phantasm
Foreword

Just so you know, I've never written a story before. (It kind of shows!)

Before we start, lets go over the fact vs. fiction:
First of all, I can't take screenies.:mad: I have asked a lot of people, and I don't have that button on my keyboard or that program on my computer, so I will try to make this the best story ever without screenshots.
Also, I am tempted to write this because of the sucsess of Flousemaker and his stories; Gilgamesh's Court, Sulieman's Harem, and Pacal's (Ball) Court.

Now for the game settings!
I hate time victory so I disabled it. You chose religions when you found them, and Civs can form a permanent alliance.

The Map:
I chose Custom Continents, small size, 9 AIs, medium sea level, marathon speed, and temperate climate. One last thing: I am Washington and I play Noble.

Chapter One:The Founding of a Nation

His name was Washington. His peoples were of the nomadic type when he was chosen new chief after his people were done slaying the animals and barbs of the south. He wanted to stop wandering. In 4000 BC, he firmly said, "We are done wandering. We shall settle this instant!" They were suprised by his firmness and named the new settlement after their new leader.
Nearby were the people called the Barbarians. The Americans had just settled Washington when they ran into a "Goody Hut." The people had wealth and were friendly. The people said "You are not as wealthy as us. We care for our friends and neighbors, so we shall give you 55 genuine pieces of gold.
25 Years later:

"Greetings! I am Hammurabi of the marvelous metropolis of Babylon! I take it you have come in peace?"
They had met a man not like the wealthy campers near Washington. They were offering peace. Would Washington take it? Of course! He was not very aggresive. Washington didn't know where this "metropolis" was; he just met a wandering man with a club. He wanted to sign a peace treaty of some kind, but he just didn't know how to.
That night Washington had a dream.
Washington's gaurdian deity had contacted him. Washington! You have made a good choice by not destroying Babylon. You will have a good life; I am granting you immortality. You shall live a peaceful life, and you need to maintain this or else!
And with that, the voice dissapered.

Civplayah

Chapter Two: The Council
Now that Washington knew his destiny, "To build a civilazation to stand the test of time," he had a new kind a confidence. He knew what he had to do, all he had to do was follow through; his new national moto was "Just do it!"
Washington soon felt that he was growing sucsussful. His empire only had one city, yet he couldn't keep up with it. That summer, he had his workers put up signs.
WASHINGTON IS LOOKING FOR YOU.​
So in winter 3750 BC, once a month each and every citizen would report to City Hall.
In the first council meeting, he led buissness as following.
"Greetings! I am Washington, your ruler, your commander, your King!" He then asked, "Is everyone here?" One man raised his hand. The man said, "The Carlson's family elder had passed away, so the entire family watched her burial, and Morgan Massings had a child yesterday."
Washington was impressed. The man was so on top of things! Washington spoke."Amazing! What is your name?" "Hank." "Well," praised Washington, "you are my newly appointed Diplomatic Advisor! You need to keep me informed on what is going on in the city. Also, keep up with health, rioting, and you need to draw up independence constitutions. Speaking of that, I need other advisors. Please come to me if you are interested."
That day, he met Sasha, a person who was a scientist. She was the new Scientific Advisor. She already knew how to mine and build roads. Washington was also impressed with her. If that didn't help the empire, what would?

Tomorrow on Washington's Council:

Washington has expanded his empire, but can Hank handle two cities?
Also, now that Washington has met more people, will he be forced to go to war to keep from growth halt?
The questions are endless!:crazyeye:

Chapter Three: The Conflicts New York Caused
"Sire our great civilazation is ready to expand! The training of a settler would help us spread our influence far and wide!" advised Hank one month. So the dream became a reality in one century.
"It may take you a couple a decades, but when you found New York, it'll be all worth it." Washington was directing the settlers to the future site of New York. "It is destined to be a utopia of greatness and beauty." marveled Hank at the site. Everyone remembers the great council meeting in which Washington announced the plan. He went over the usual stuff, blah, blah, blah, and then he announced in his normal I'm-the-greatest-man-ever voice he said,"We are gowing to found a new city!" Now here we are, the dream has finally come true! Washington had named it New York because of York, his new Military Advisor.
Meanwhile...
Bonnie, the scout group leader, had come back with exciting news; there were two other civs in the world! She had found Alexander of the Greeks and Justinian I of the Byzantines. The four civs (Babylon, America, Byzantum, and Greece) had decided to have a meeting in New York. The day Hammuabi arrived, he was in a terrible mood. He demanded all of America's treasury! Naturally, Washington refused, but this was just the begining of the problems between Babylon and America. It took Justinian one more month and Alexander two. When they finally got there, Washington was furious at Hammurabi. He tried to listen to Justinian talk about his newly founded Christianity, or Alexander talk about his plans for war, but he just couldn't concentrate. The next day, before Hammaurabi left, he took over half of New York's borders without a word. Washington had been pushed too far. First, he told Sasha to research Bronze Working. Next, he asked Hank if all the cities were happy. "Why?" asked Hank. His question was answered by Washington asking York, "Do we have enough military to take over Babylon?" Washington had asked about war weariness!
Tommorow on Washington's Council:
Will Babylon fall? Will Hammaurabi agree to peace before it's too late? Or did Washington make the biggest mistake of his life? What would God do? Will he lose his immortality?

Chapter Four: The New Yorker's War, Part One
Washington hated being at war with a civilazation just because of New York. He regreted that, although, deep down, he knew that he could not tolerate the Babylonians any longer. Since one of the problems was that Hamuraubi took half of the New Yorker's land, his first objecteve was to take the land back. York and Washington called an emergancy council meeting to discuss his exact plans. "People of America, civilians, Domestic Boarders, merchants, prophets, engineers, priest, you all have one thing in common: You all hate the Babylonians." At that remark, the Americans didn't cheer like Washington expected. Quite the contrary, actually. The people of Washington hurled insults at their leader, while the people of New York chanted "Hamuraubi is evil! Hamuraubi is evil!" Washington whispered to Hank, "The worst has happened to my country: we are divided by ideaoligy. Before we face the Babylonians, we may acually face a civil war." Hank did nothing but turn back to the Americans. Washington had noticed he knew how to handle hostile situations. He said in his most heroic voice, "We should handle this practicly. New Yorkers, you obviously want your land back. Washingtonites, you think this is a terrible idea. Maybe we should form a second council, appoint a Council Head, and have Washington take no immeadite action in the war. Every year, we will meet to have a National Council meeting. If anyone opposes to this, speak now." Usually at a time like this, Washington would have marveled at Hank's intelligance, but he did not. He spoke up, and for the first time since he had appointed Hank, he scremed, "How dare you! Seperating our great nation! Washingtonites, you may build a wall, and with that city wall will come caution of Babylonian entrance. This way, they will leave you alone, although we may need garrison from you from time to time." York praised Washington for this, and because he was so strict, he had never acutally done this. Long live the undivided Empire of America!

I'm needing more compliments!:cry: (Thanks Ultimate Waffle)
Meanwhile, let's see how General George Washington is doing:
Chapter Five: The New Yorker's War, Part Two
Washington gazed upon the "metropolis" of Babylon. This should be as easy as training one Milita! the General thought. Since the Washingtonians refused to take part in the war, he would have to train and order all of his troops directly from New York. That wasn't the worst part though. If he conquered Babylon, he would have to pay maintainence, and Justinian and Alexander may like him less. You'd think the troubles would end there, wouldn't you?
That night, the General was in the same state as when he first met Hamuraubi; in the Heavens. At first, there was silence. Washingtontonton! I cannot believe you! To think I praised you for making peace with this man! Washington tried to communicate, although since he had no direct control of his body, it came out, ...Land...Trade.... Babylon.... Justini-... Alexander... Somehow, the deity who contacted him knew he ment to say Hamuraubi has been extremely unfair, as he took New York's land and he made many unfair trades and demanded immposiblities. I must conquer Babylon, despite the advice from Justinian and Alexander. The deity whispered, Sometimes I question wheter or not I should have given you immortality. Maybe just Ghandi would have done. After that rude comment, he had vanished, Washington had woken up, and the Battle of Fort Manindoa was sparking. Quickly, he put on his uniform.
Fort Manindoa was a great shelter made by Washington's Servants, a group of about 50 working men employed for Washington. The Babylonians were stopping to make camp when a regiment of 120 spearmen came marching. "They were sleeping, not expecting an attack, and when we heard the alert of the watchman, the lazy Babylonians knew what was coming." quoted a soldier. The New Yorker's won an easy victory, and along with it came men, slaves, and pride. But the war is not long over.
Coming up next:
The people of New York are having a tough time, and Hamuraubi is only willing to make peace when the New Yorkers give up and surrender their city to him.

You could just buy a keyboard off somewhere like newegg. It'll cost you, what, 6 USD at the most for a cheap one with the print screenshot key? Another solution is FRAPS, which assigns its screenshot key to F10.

Chapter Six: The New Yorker's War: Part Three
Previously on Washington's Council:
The Washingtonians refused to train troops, give food or basicly take part in the war. The New Yorkers were on their own, but they had their own leader to guide them.
The Babylonians attack at the fort called Manindoa, hoping to gain its valuable troops. The attack was fended off, but the New Yorkers may not survive another one.
Now back to the present:
Washington grabbed his quill and furiously started jabbing in rage on his paper. This was very rare in 3500 BC, but he had to use the only piece he ever had. Although the letter was insulting, it offered Hamurraubi one last chance for peace. "Thou shalt insult my army so. Ha! Manindoa will always be mine. Before is make sure Babylon will be forgotten, I offer thee one last chance for peace. General George Washington."
This offer was declined quickly by word of mouth. Well, he did have one chance; to give up New York. That was the cause of this, and if any Washingtonian had a say, the war would be over after that one battle. Washington himself refused. He turned to York and demanded, "Move troops into Babylon!" York replied politely, "Out of the question. That would mean sacrificing all of our troops for a 25% chance. No! I advise we train a vast military. We have copper now, too." Only one group of troops was recruted each century. It was not enough.
Babylonian Palace, Babylon:
Hammuraubi was in rage. He turned down peace. He could become a simple civilan any moment now. He screamed in fury. "Ahhhhh! That imbicle Washington better have a weak military!" Neither side had a chance of surviving right now.
Fort Tomilcon, Babylon:
Washington had recruted two spearmen and one axeman. He yelled "Charge!" That was the end of Fort Tomilcon. He had defeated two groups of axemen, while losing one spearman. Although New York was undefended, Washington assured protection.
Council Hall, Washington:
New Yorkers are parading in search of protection. Washington knew that if New York was captured, his whole empire would be thrown into chaos. Washington (the city) would be dragged into the war. He would have to defeat a whole other regiment. At council, people cursed Washington. They slammed their spears and axes at him, but from far away. They calmed down, but the war was too much. He had to defeat Babylon immeadiatly. He marched his regiment down. Whoever was defeated, had their empire collapse. Hammuraubi, his last city captured, and Washington, his second city having no military and his first having one warrior.
WHO WILL WIN?

Ah ha! I see you've adopted my style of writing, no screen shots, just witty text... Anyway, good start. Will be watching this one!

Chapter Seven: The New Yorker's War: The Last Battle
He was tired of Hamuraubi. He had to go, but Washington wasn't sure he could do it. After all, weren't they all immortals? And if he could get rid of Hamuraubi, couldn't one of his other immortal advisors take his place? There were just so many complications! Every advisor felt the same way.
In a way, this battle simulated the real-life battle of Yorktown during the American Revolution. For those of you who don't like to study war, I'll provide a brief summary of the Battle of Yorktown. British general Charles Cornwallis(commander of the entire southern British army) had made headquarters in the newly captured British city of... you guessed it, Yorktown! The American and French forces figured this out and wanted to siege the city. The siege weakened the defenses of Yorktown, but the Americans had not won yet. The attack means the last major of the Revolution, because if the British win, George Washington may be captured. If we win, like we did, then the southern army would be lost. The Battle of Babylon is like this almost exactly, except without the siege.
Suburb of Babylon, 5:00 AM:
With only 50 miles to go, the Americans almost have closed in on the Babylonians. "Ah! So the Americans think they can beat me?" chortled Hamuraubi. "They must be sick! I mean, my metopolis is great!" Everyone who heard him was confused. Could something be called a "metropolis" if it is size two and has only a granary? Finally the Americans could spot the troops of Hamuraubi. Then, "ATTACK!" The Americans started stabbing their spears and shooting their arrows. The fight lasted for days, long days. Then suddenly, Hamuraubi lay down his arms. It was over. Washington had won.
That night, Washington got in touch with his guardian deity. Washingtontonton! You have pleased me. I was opposed to this war at the start, but I like how honorable and valliant you are. Now Hamuraubi and his people don't exsist. You burned down their home. You are the greatest hero of your time, although it is only 2500 BC. I expect great things out of you Washington.
After that he woke up.

Chapter Eight: The World in 2000 BC
Washington had built a barracks in Washington, and a monument. In New York, he had been working on military. He had built about ten units, and they are all spearmen, axemen, and swordsmen. Meanwhile, the rest of the world had been doing almost the exact same thing, save the Babylonians, whose resources, farms, and mines had been pillaged, so the world has forgotten they existed. In each "The World In" chapters, I will give reports from each adviser. Let's start with Hank.
"The American Empire is growing. We are recruting new settlers in Washington, and our population is almost 500,000 strong. Although we have the best map we can, we don't know about very many foreign cities. Only the Byzantine Empire has built a second city." And now our tech report from Sasha.
"Our tech is costing all our gold, but we have a great lead in tech because of that. We just discovered Writing, the most important tech of the Ancient Times. We now can sign Open Borders, and train Spies. We don't know of any tech of our rivals, as we have only just discovered Writing." Finally, we have our Military Report. Please welcome York!
"Our military is very strong as Hank said. If everyone has a weak a military as Hamuraubi did, we have the strongest military. It consists of 5 Spearmen, 1 Swordsman, and 4 Axemen. We lack in Archery units, although we are training a couple in New York." So there you have it; the world in 2000 BC!
Next time:
The Table of Advisers is lacking a lot of people, so Washington has to go out of his way to just get the needs of his country. Finding this many people is going to be tough.

Chapter Nine: The Table of Advisers, Part One
There were many chairs, well, there were many chairs unfilled also. The President had been expeted to fill these chairs immediately. He was tired of their bellyaching. "We have discovered Alphabet. We need an Espionage Adviser!" "I am not able to keep up with every single city in the world. We need Foreign Advisers!" Too much! That council meeting, he planned to discuss the issues, and in the crowd, Washington noticed a Christian Missionary. "We need a Religious Adviser!" whispered Hank before it started. "All right! I'll discuss it!" Washington yelled. He put on his charismatic face and turned to face the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, you have contributed greatly, but I am missing many Advisers. Can any of you help me?" None of them did.
Next time:
Will Washington plummit because of lack of service?

Chapter Ten: The Table of Advisers, Part Two
The Advisers. Washington's helpers, his friends, and without them, he would certanly be coquered. They were mutaning, though. His most loyal subjects, the key to being considered regal at al. They were saying that they had too much on their hands. They were threatning to quit. Sometimes, he would even mourn that he had handled this right. But he was going to end this before it began, by appointing new Advisers. In the last Council Meeting, Hank had said that there needed to be an Espionage Adviser, a Religious Adviser, and one Foreign Adviser for each country. Also, he said that Christian Monks had arrived in Washington. Washington knew exactly who to appoint as the Religious Adviser.
After the Council Meeting, he spoke with the Head Preist himself. "What is your name?" he began simply. The man replied, "Manu-aKina." Manu-aKina? That name was definatly Byzintum. "Well, Manu-aKina, have you ever considered working for the Crown?" It would be an honor to work for the Crown, and Manu-aKina was the Religious Adviser. Lucky for him, a Great Spy was born in Washington. Now all he needed was Foreign Advisers...

Chapter Eleven: The Table of Advisers, Part Three
Sorry for not updating in a while. Oh well, I'm here now!
As you know, as we left Washington, he needed a table of Foreign Advisers; one for each known country. His new hired Religious Adviser, Manu-aKina, was Byzantine. Therefore, Manu-aKina knew a lot about the people in Byzantium. Hopefully. "Mr. aKina? Are you around?" called Washington after one council meeting. "Sir, I am extremely busy with the census on who follows what religion you asked me to do. Can you make it quick?" answered aKina. "Do you know of anyone who I can add to my Table of Advisers in Byzantium?" "Go to Constantinople," chirped aKina quickly.
Washington had heard about how people of all different nations on the continent lived there. He could easily find whoever he needed. The Sumerians were often social of their original nation, so he would start by listening to any talking Sumerian on the street.
"...So Gilgamesh became ever so lonely." That was a part of the Epic of Gilgamesh! Purely Sumerian text! Washington wandered through alley after alley, until he finnaly found the man. "Gilgamesh then took to living on the street, so he was never recognized. The handsomest man in Uruk and the King was just "that begger on that corner" now, but then he found out about a spring that makes you live forever, immortality. He could become more than two-thirds divine..." Oh how long it lasted. It was over in two hours more.
Washington had to make with talking soon, or he would never find such a great Sumerian. "That was a really great citing of the greatest Sumerian text ever. Say, would you like a fantastic job?" The Sumerian said, "Well, I tell these stories for a living, so I only earn about one hundred coins a month. My name is Galerisa. Pleased to meet you." The person removed her Gilgamesh mask and bowed, as if she knew exactly who Washington was. She then pulled him behind a building. She spoke in a whisper. "The way you defeated Babylonia was a hit! I have Byzantine and Greek friends waiting to work for you. One is named Constantine, although he is just named after the Byzantine king. The Greek one is named Micheal. He has a very uncommon name, but he is purly Greek." Washington had no more complaints from the Advisers from then on.
By the way, this post was around 200 AD. Oh how time is passing!

Just dropped in to say that I'm not going to have very much time to update around Christmas, so feel free to post comments and suggestions.

Top Bottom