Annoyed by nothing?

CHEESE!

On a long nostalgia trip
So im playing as Pericles, and i just met montezuma (buddhist). He is annoyed with me even though nothing happened! Somehow i founded Hinduism but i didnt convert. Is there any reason for an AI to get mad for nothing?

Gandhi, Asoka, and Mansa Musa often start out pleased. Shaka, and Monty can start out annoyed... Another thing is I was the tech god here, Monty was last.... does that matter?

There are a few diplomatic modifiers which are not displayed (depend on difficulty level, AI personality etc.) There are a number of situations where AIs can start out either annoyed or pleased with you.

All AIs seem to hate Mansa. Especially when I play an Earth map, it just seems like the whole world wants him dead. Not that strange, really, when you think about all the Space Ships he's launched...

The Malinese Space program puts NASA to shame.

Everyone Hates Mansa. He's a slimy guy who would sell of his mother for a tech.

Btw... Does Warmonger Respect apply to human Player ? Or is it just something between the AI's ?

Let's Say i Play Toku, will i get the 2 Warmonger respect from Monthy ? As it's not displayed i am not sure...

Or alternatively build up your military present and squash any AI who dare to be annoyed with you! ;)

After that, just for convenient sake, continue to squash those remaining AI. Now, you wouldn't want your mighty army to sit idling, would you? :D

And treat Shaka the same way you would Monty.

Yeah, I had about a +8 diplo score with Shaka (still just pleased) one time with 0 negatives--I had thought I could groom him as an attack dog without actually vassalizing him first-and he still sneak-attacked me, I guess just because he could load up 3 galleons with knights and trebs and attack a coastal city guarded with riflemen. Apparently, even though I had a large tech advantage and better troops, his sheer number of troops still had him up on the power graph so he thought it would be a good idea to attack his only friend.

If you ever played Alpha Centaur than let me put it this way. Monty is actually Miriam in disguise. Dont bother trying to understand the deeper motives of their psychopathic behavior....just kill em :)

Yeah but Isabella have at least some common sense....Miriam is Monty in drag :p

Come to think of it, they actually look a bit alike :)

It funny that you say that about Shaka. I trained him as my attack dog, and it worked. I was Jewish and my neighbours were Hindu and had the Holy City. I send Shaka in, he severly damanged them before I stepped it and conquered.

Strangely enough, despite almost always getting on Monty's bad side (not a difficult task, mind you) he doesn't usually actually attacked me. And generally when he does, he generally only does it around mid to late game. In fact, I think I've only ever been attacked early on by Monty once. Strange....

Top Bottom