[BtS] American Civil War

Well, if that works. (I only thought: the intro movie won't be updated or something, will it? So, if you do any updates, they'll only be for the mod.);)

Well since I decided it would be best to have 2 seperate downloads, yes it'll be mostly only updates for the mod. But, I do have some other movies saved on my pc that I was planning on using, plus I might change the ideological shrine movies someday also... instead of Judaism and Christianity. So the movie download might change, but not very frequently at all.

hopefully I can make some customeventmanager.py to only handle movies, that and the actual .biks will be in a seperate download than the rest of the mod, soon...

Spoiler :
The North won!

Hello,

I just downloaded this mod, but after installing it, the mod does not appear in the BtS list. All my other mods appear fine (FFH2, Rhye's etc.).

I have the Gold version so I put the mod under C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\, the default install for the Gold version.

Any ideas?

I'm not really sure how to fix this. I have all the versions purchased separately (i.e. vanilla, warlords, bts), if you put the whole mod in the bts/mods folder and it doesn't work, your pretty much on your own.

It works for me and about 1000 other people just fine the way I created it. Its probably a problem with your system or the way you installed it.

I'm not really offering any support, nor am I really working on this ambitiously, if I get some time I may look into it, but I can't promise anything.

Even though the mod won't load in the BtS list, it loads perfectly fine from a shortcut. Shoulda tried that first!

well, I'm not working on it very hard at the moment. I'm just kinda waiting on kevinman for this map so i can begin to create a scenario, which understandably is the most requested part to be completed.

yea, there's been some progress, its just been slow. I coulda made some generic map out of the EUSA map, but decided to have kevinman create a custom one, that will be slightly larger and more appropriate. From what he says, there should be a new map within a week or two, when that happens, I'll start creating a scenario and another release should be out soon afterward, fixing that among other things.

Its going slower than it was at first though. I'm much busier than before, but it's still slowly progressing.

I would like to try this mod but file factory sucks, Every time I try it there are no free slots to download. I have tried twice now for about 30 min each time. Use Filefront.com
I have never had an issue downloading anything from that site. I believe it is free to host your file. I'm not going to pay file factory to upgrade for one file.

thanks for the feedback. I actually prefer using mediafire but they wont allow a 100MB+ file, at least last time I looked. It did say they were going to offer that soon though. I'm just using file factory in the mean time. The next update will seperate the download for the main mod, and any movies, so that the movies (and the python that plays them) will be optional, because its about 40% + of the file size, even with a compressed exe its a large file. Hopefully 2 seperate downloads will relieve some of the hassle of such a large file.

Honestly I haven't worked on it much lately, been very busy at work, but I still think about it daily and am anticipating kevinman's map so that a scenario can be created soon afterward.

Shiggs

Tried several more times cant get a free slot off file factory. That was the last time I will try file factory.

sorry for your inconvenience Webrider. In the future I will not use file factory, and perhaps will setup up an alternative mirror. Maybe check back in a few weeks for an update and a new file host.

Shiggs

thank you for this mod it was very fun to play but i missed a scenario...
nice one...

ok now constructive critics:
Ergeben BtS 3.13. Englisch nur Textstütze.
is not german....
its supposed to be:
Gemacht für Bts 3.13. Texte nur auf englisch unterstützt...
but hey....
i just wanted to say it...

Thanks for making the mod, I don't mean to be a pain, I have even broke my word and tried a few more times with no sucess. If I am having this problem perhaps more people are and that may be the reason this thread is so slow.

Top Bottom