Zooming out more?

Is it possible to zoom out more without the cloud view coming up? The tiles in Civ 4 have always felt way too huge to me. I'd like something like the flying camera, without attaching the camera to mouse movement.

I don't think it's possible, though it would be quite useful for larger maps. This is somewhat unrelated, but if you want to turn off the clouds in the globe view, you can use the CivScale utility to achieve that. It won't enable you to do zoom out more while still being able to play normally, though.

As Giner Ale notes, the CivScale utility, an additional benefit to turning off or even toning them way the heck down, is the game will be much more responsive in worldView - most noticeably for quick scrolling and drawing lines.

Oh well, thanks guys.

As long as we're talking about responsiveness, I've noticed the game slows considerably once I've explored the map. This doesn't seem to make sense to me. Moving boats is incredibly choppy. Even land units become choppy once the ocean is explored, even if no ocean is in view. Anyone know what's up?

Memory usage mainly. I don't know if its just my observation or not... but I find the game in general is more responsive on large(r) maps if I save/quit/restart/reload.

When I played Huge map 11 civs, I didn't have much issues with reloading a save.
Now with a Huge map + 18 Civs, I generally get bad memory alloc on reloading a save and the game crashes.

Top Bottom