A wild patch appeared!

snarko

DLLer
I finally decided to just finish and upload it. Many of the changes, such as subdue animal fix, had already been made but never released. Well that has changed now.

Some of you might have already found it as I uploaded it yesterday. If you did then download it again. I just updated it with more fixes.

Download and changelog.

While you can still report bugs in the 1.4 bug thread it is unlikely I will release more patches unless major bugs are found.

well nice to know :D

and thanks a loooooot !

kudos

...etc

Snarko, thanks for doing this. I've downloaded and installed the patch, but haven't yet had the chance to try it out. Looking forward to it, though.

Great job snarko, started a new game and everything seem to be working as intended. Thank you for your work!

Hey snarko,

Thanks for the patch.

Can you tell me how to fix a couple of missing graphics. Veraato, the new Archos leader, doesn't have a portrait, and the Lizard/Goblin Leader, or whatever it's name is, doesn't have a graphic either, instead appearing as a pink square.

I would assume it's just an xml edit or something?

Thanks!

Look in Rise from Erebus\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml (without the space which the forum insist on adding)

If you can't find the leader there then look in Rise from Erebus\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml for what the tag is supposed to be.

The art itself - if it exist - is either in the FFPak051.FPK file (there's an unpacker somewhere, don't have a link at hand) or in the Rise from Erebus\Assets\Art directory.

Thanks.

Actually just moved to MoM.

Maybe will come back to RifE after I give MoM a whirl.

What is your take on the major differences between the mods?

Is the AI particularly better in one over the other?

If you're asking me I wouldn't know, I haven't played MoM (or Orbis).

Infernal are still not playable - after trying to switch I get the pop-up message, I click it and nothing happens... Hyboreum does spawn but the switch doesn't work again ... Can anyone help me out with a fix, I searched through the forums and I found that:

That's a fairly good editor, same one we use. ;)

Open up CvEventManager.py, go to line 568. Should read "elif iData == CvUtil.reassignPlayer:". Change the 'iData' to 'iData1'. Fix complete.

If playing multiplayer, make sure all players make the change.

But! The entry in the file in question is actually :

elif iData == CvUtil.reassignPlayer:
game.reassignPlayerAdvanced(iData2, iData3, -1)

So how would that fix work? Thank you in advance...

Guess that fix was for some reason not included in my files. To fix it you do exactly as the post says. Replace iData with iData1.

iData, iData1, iData2, iData3, sounds like marvels of variable names.

LOL, I'm an idiot... I never saw the first idata ;) Tested and works, even save compatible if save is BEFORE Infernal Pact is researched (saved one just 1 turn before and works). Thank you for pointing me the obvious. Will try to test it with the Mercurians next game.

Folket they are named like that because this is a very general function. It is responsible for accepting data from another client (or the own client) and calling the appropriate function(s) to Make Stuff Happen.

Because we don't have access to the network code we can't add our own functions for sending or receiving information. Instead Firaxis provided us with a way to send information in mods. But there's only one function called. It's called for everything that need to send messages to all clients, including such different things as xUPT, AI auto play and switching civilizations. All of them use the variables differently except iData1 which is used to identify which one we're calling.

Woo, thanks for the patch snarko!

Anyway, only one major issue I'm noticing at the moment. Having any units that would abandon you due to changing religion instead prevents you from changing religions at all. I recall running into this bug quite a while ago, possibly in a different FfH modmod, but it was fixed and I can't seem to find the bug post or a description of how to fix it. Help please?

Also, subdued Wyrms get stuck if you use Hunter's Prize to teleport them to your capital. I suspect it's due to terrain limitations, but I haven't had the time or inclination to go mucking about in the code to check. Not like it's in any way important.

edit:
5 minutes with snarko in #erebus:
<Snarko>: At the top of CvReligionScreen.py add "from BasicFunctions import *"
Thanks for the help!

About units preventing you to switch religions, just delete them. For example, Bambur, the Arete tech Kilmorph hero prevents you from switching to another religion, select him, press delete, confirm, you now have the option of going Order. All religious heroes are like that.

Wyrms should only be able to traverse march and dessert.

One thing I noticed is that capturing Acherond the Red Dragon still makes him unusable because he stays leashed. Is there a quick fix for that?

Also, subdued Wyrms get stuck if you use Hunter's Prize to teleport them to your capital. I suspect it's due to terrain limitations, but I haven't had the time or inclination to go mucking about in the code to check. Not like it's in any way important.

As far as I know, Wyrms have only ever been able to move on desert squares. I don't believe they can move on either floodplains or desert hills, either.

Top Bottom