Final Fixes Reborn

New version uploaded and published. 1st post updated accordingly.
Post #3 contains the changelog.
I'll add more information here soon, and answer all people who posted in the last two weeks (and must think I'm ignoring them :blush:. I'm sorry: I'll do better)

Ey Ronkhar, whazzup bud!

look, i think i found 1 lesser bug: when exploring ancient ruins, sometimes you found "dagda shield" but instead the upgrade, u get a potion :p. Or something alike, dont remember exactly what triggers the bug: U find something but receive something else.

Woot - new patch, nice one Ronkhar!

I have a bug with the Legion of D'Tesh.
When I create their Binder units (adept replacement), they never get free xp gain like other adepts. In their promotion window, they do have channeling I correctly.

I tested multiple ways of getting them started with some xp to see if this kicked off their apply process, without success. I even edited 10 binders to grant them each the channeling III promotion. 20 turns later, still not even one of them had gained a single XP.

I did a test against a couple of random civilizations, their adept units do gain experience correctly. So it seems specific to the Legion of D'Tesh civilization and their specific adept replacement unit.

Can you check what is stopping Legion Binders from generating any experience?

Muris Clan Lord graphics are broken. Its name is in TEXT_KEY and the graphics are a simple pink/red blob. It is the one that spawns with the event "Muris Clan goblins are horsehockyting on your land"

promotion that prevents them from gaining any XP, IIRC. All of low-tier D'teshi units have one.
Ah, "wretched" promotion might be being applied to Binders then and stopping them getting XP.

From the original design thread for the Legion, it states

New Trait:
• Wretched
o Gives the Wretched promotion to all unitcombats except Adept
 - 2 strength
 + 1 death affinity
 + 8% chance to enslave
 - 100% XP from combat

I'll check tonight if wretched is being applied.
If it is, then maybe it shouldn't be.

Any particular reason why you didn't include mastery of the creation fix?

Easy answer: I've never heard about it, and nobody has suggested to add it to the mod.
Please give me a link and a quick description (2-3 lines would suffice to let me know what it can bring), and I'll see what I can do about it.

Muris Clan Lord graphics are broken. Its name is in TEXT_KEY and the graphics are a simple pink/red blob. It is the one that spawns with the event "Muris Clan goblins are horsehockyting on your land"

Mhm. It was supposed to be fixed since patch 1.41 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20218)
snarko said:
*Fixed missing art for some muris clan units.
I personally never saw a pink blob since then.

A screenshot or savegame would help me finding the culprit.
"We'll follow goblins everywhere. We will corner the muris clan in the toilet and wipe them out." (sorry, couldn't resist to alter that quote :blush:)

I'll check tonight if wretched is being applied.
If it is, then maybe it shouldn't be.

Testing this evening I don't see that wretched is being applied to Binders after all.
They do instead have a promotion called "Fell Spirits", which has the following in the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file:

<PromotionInfo> <!-- Fell Spirits -->
<Type>PROMOTION_FELL_SPIRITS</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_FELL_SPIRITS</Description>
<bAutoAcquire>1</bAutoAcquire>
<bNoXP>1</bNoXP>
<PrereqCivilizations>
<PrereqCivilization>CIVILIZATION_DTESH</PrereqCivilization>
</PrereqCivilizations>
<UnitCombats>
<UnitCombat>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT</UnitCombatType>
<iMaxApplications>0</iMaxApplications>
</UnitCombat>
</UnitCombats>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Sundered.dds</Button>
<PromotionSummonPerk>PROMOTION_FELL_SPIRITS2</PromotionSummonPerk>
</PromotionInfo>

I thought that the <bNoXP> tag is stopping the Binders from gaining XP. However, removing this line and even removing the promotion from Binders altogether - still doesn't allow them to gain XP automatically.

Anyone know if D'Tesh binders are meant to work like normal adepts in gaining XP automatically?
And if so, anyone know what's stopping them from doing so? :)

Binders don't have the <bFreeXP> tag. That prevents them from getting free XP. I don't know if they're supposed to have it or not.

Binders don't have the <bFreeXP> tag. That prevents them from getting free XP. I don't know if they're supposed to have it or not.
Binders are not meant to gain free XP.

Muris clan lords´bug with graphics is fixed previously qith a single replacement patch u can found on forums. Is simply matter of adding some files from a .rar.

Master of creation, didnt hear before... sorry Ron.

And i ask: i dwled last fix, but when unzipping it with winrar, launch faliure, and dont decompress properly all files, resulting on an empty .fpk and empty xml folders. Does it happens by any reason u explained?

i've been playing mekara recently, i forget how the prepare ritual promo works >.<
i can't seem to get anything except a mage that is held until i abandon ritual.. help!

also, i gave a sluga commander 'bloom' promotion but it doesn't work (spring does).
is there a bar on mekara being council of esus? i founded the religion, but couldn't adopt it or build gibbon, but i could build shadows.

oh, almost forgot.. word of warning- i also play rise of mankind a new dawn which has a very large custom options menu. this menu seriously screws up the rife menu if you move from one game to the other. i found i was playing a game with all unique features, no unique features, no orthus, no acheron, no duin, no order, no overlords. :(

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to manage that ritual thing - it's horribly done, honestly - use prepare ritual, then choose another unit on the tile, and you'll be able to designate them as the "target" of the ritual. It should really have been done through a popup menu of some kind, but as with many things it was abandoned when it became clear RifE 2.0 wasn't happening.

As for bloom not working - I have no idea why that would be. I would check it out, but my time is severely limited these days - we'll see if I have the time.

Re: council of esus - it is a religion, and as such only one of the three leaders can adopt it. Shadows don't require the religion itself, but require it to be present in the city, so you can build those regardless.

When it comes to game settings, make it a habit to always do a "Play Now" start before you go into a custom game. It resets all the settings to the defaults, so you won't have trouble with other mods' settings interfering.

Mhm. It was supposed to be fixed since patch 1.41 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20218)

I personally never saw a pink blob since then.

A screenshot or savegame would help me finding the culprit.
"We'll follow goblins everywhere. We will corner the muris clan in the toilet and wipe them out." (sorry, couldn't resist to alter that quote :blush:)
I had the same problem but re-installing it will do the trick ;)

Nevermind, turns out I didn't have the latest patch, thought I did but it wasn't very clear :)

For the Mazatl, why is it that nothing can be built on swamps? It doesn't seem right to have to downgrade the tile before I can build improvements, especially since the tiles auto turn into swamp.

For the Mazatl, why is it that nothing can be built on swamps? It doesn't seem right to have to downgrade the tile before I can build improvements, especially since the tiles auto turn into swamp.

Intentional balancing decision, as annoying as it is. The Mazatl operate on the principle of being completely invulnerable until they can steamroll everyone with their wyvern. Fighting them is a nightmare and they can inexorably overcome anything, even the far north if they absolutely have to. To counteract these benefits, they can't have nice things without a lot of hard work involved. I am not personally a fan of the design. It works, but it feels bad.

Top Bottom