Final Fixes Reborn

There was indeed a bug with dominated units betraying your civ when they should have died instead. I have fixed it and uploaded a new DLL to the SVN.

How do I get the changes in SVN? Is the fix for guild of hammers and khazad being uploaded to SVN?

I don't know how to use sourceforge repository. I'm not even sure how/if I could get the rights to upload files into the RifE project on Sourceforge.
Remember the last "official" version of RifE is 1.4 or 1.41 (or even 1.23 if you come from the modpack list subject), not my unofficial patchmodmodmod :hammer2:
--> my bug corrections aren't published anywhere until I upload the files on google drive.

On the other hand, Snarko updates the DLL (and the C++ source files) on sourceforge when he solves dll bugs --> you can access it immediately. (http://sourceforge.net/p/rife/code/HEAD/tree/)

Until now, I've uploaded my changes twice (18 may and 19th june)
I think the "approximately 1 month schedule" is ok:
- I don't bug people every other day, risking a breaking of their gamesaves
- and I don't pile up hundreds of solved&unpublished bugs, letting people think it's abandoned, and risking losing data in case my ssd fails
- and I include the latest changes made by snarko

You can wait ~10 days, or if you feel adventurous and impatient, you may implement the bugfix yourself, using the info on the bug spreadsheet.

PS: hope my post makes sense (10 past midnight here) :sleep:
Good night/day depending on your local time

The Grigori fort commanders can allow units to Sidequest infinitely, leading to super-powered 800xp Hero mages. I'd suggest making it a Level 6 once-and-done ability instead, and maybe allowing it to grant a random first-tier spell promotion

The Cualli are a slave-taking religious race with no temples and no benefit from slaves. I'd suggest stealing or adapting mechanics from the Mekara and giving them at least a temple unlocked at Philosophy. +1 anger, +2 hammers, allows a priest, units in the city get some random Agruonn-relevant promotion.

The Lanun's Black Wind doesn't have Flying. Perhaps it should?

Barnaxus is not a Hero and really doesn't do anything interesting except farm and then sit. Perhaps some adaptation of Lifedrinker to represent his learning process, and a small trickle - say, +1 research, +1 culture - whenever he kills something.

not sure how this happened, but i seem to have got 2 orthus axes..

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 406
Receiving 2 axes is Salia's fault. It's a known issue. I've had that happen -- I actually wrote a bug report/short story about it at the old RiFE forum. She copies Orthus' axe promotion on his death, and he also drops one. It happens with anyone who drops a unique item in that way.

I present a challenge for you to get two copies of all the unique items! :D I've tried to do that in a few games.

Fortunately, that shouldn't be that hard to do something about. Excluding certain types of promotions from being copied is easy. I ran into a similar problem (or rather, the opposite of it) with the Mekara civ's Ascendant unit. When you upgrad a unit to Ascendant, they were supposed to lose all their promotions. Unfortunately, that meant they lost everything, including artifacts and such, so I had to make sure they were excluded from that.

What you'll want to do is throw a "if gc.getPromotionInfo(iProm).isEquipment():" check into the python function that handles the promotion copying, and you're set. Check the "spellAscension" function in CvSpellInterface.py if you need an example.

No. Don't do that.
The C++ files are used by coders to create the dll
As a player, you will only need the dll
Put it here ...\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

i got
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 61, in beforeGeneration

File "MapScriptTools", line 652, in getModInfo

File "MapScriptTools", line 2899, in initialize

AttributeError: 'CvClimateInfo' object has no attribute 'getTaigaLatitudeChange'
ERR: Python function beforeGeneration failed, module Earth3_162_mst

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 79, in generateTerrainTypes

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 1779, in __init__

AttributeError: 'CvClimateInfo' object has no attribute 'getTaigaLatitudeChange'
ERR: Python function generateTerrainTypes failed, module Earth3_162_mst

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 177, in normalizeAddExtras

File "MapScriptTools", line 5146, in normalizeAddExtras

AttributeError: BonusBalancer instance has no attribute 'bBalance'
ERR: Python function normalizeAddExtras failed, module Earth3_162_mst

on map generation playing for Scions

i got

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 61, in beforeGeneration

File "MapScriptTools", line 652, in getModInfo

File "MapScriptTools", line 2899, in initialize

ERR: Python function beforeGeneration failed, module Earth3_162_mst

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 79, in generateTerrainTypes

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 1779, in __init__

ERR: Python function generateTerrainTypes failed, module Earth3_162_mst
That part, I think I know exactly where it comes from. It's one of the changes I made last month, that apparently backfired. (I changed 63 variable names to simplify the code, but 2 of them "getSnowLatitudeChange" and "getTundraLatitudeChange" are also present in the dll. They come from the API)

As I don't know if the map generated is still playable the bug makes the whole map grassland --> I suggest you use one of the other maps for now. (Erebus or Erebus continent)

File "Earth3_162_mst", line 177, in normalizeAddExtras
File "MapScriptTools", line 5146, in normalizeAddExtras

AttributeError: BonusBalancer instance has no attribute 'bBalance'
ERR: Python function normalizeAddExtras failed, module Earth3_162_mst

on map generation playing for Scions
Perhaps it's a consequence of the previous error. I'll check it again once it's repaired.

Thanks for the report :)

Too long animation for archers defending from anything.

CTD`s in Late game with MAF`s...

patch archive got some duplicate files - check it please

in the middle-turn-games i got errors about conflict python function with dll function (something about casting spell)

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 138, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 149, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 1047, in onGameStart

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDescription'
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

it is new after last patch and appeared once game started

File "Civ4lerts", line 583, in onCityBuildingBuilding

File "Civ4lerts", line 587, in _onItemStarted

File "Civ4lerts", line 329, in discardCity

AttributeError: CanHurryPopulation instance has no attribute 'cities'
i got this once on first created city i ordered production of palisade

File "Civ4lerts", line 205, in onCityLost

File "Civ4lerts", line 237, in _discardCity

File "Civ4lerts", line 429, in discardCity

AttributeError: CityGrowth instance has no attribute 'populations'

and this after turn)

you broke game)

1st point : duplicates in the patch archive.
- I don't understand why. I just ordered winmerge to compress all updated files. The tree is correct (every file in the right folder), 69 of the files are correct (1 copy only). The building art files are duplicated (4 times)
- I didn't know an archive folder could contain several identical files (same name+extension). I'll check it with programmer friends.
- It was the first time I created the archive automatically, and by checking randomly a few files, I had deduced the process had succeeded.
- New archive uploaded (duplicates removed manually)
--> I'll be careful next time and check every file created by winmerge in the archive.

======================================================================================================================
2nd point : bug reports
Apart from the duplicates, the buggy patch contained files identical to those on my computer (the ones I play with daily)
(or at least, it's what AllDup tells me when comparing files: same names, filesize, and content)
And I got no new bug looking like yours. (for example, I just tried again building a palisade, playing with grigori, and no problem appeared)

The errors you copied are useful by telling me the "WHAT fails". What I need to solve them is that you also give me the "HOW".
You can either report every detail: civilization, leader, map type, buildings under construction, current research,... (but it's tedious), or publish the last autosave before the bug (by default, civ autosaves every 4 turns) and tell me the last important moves you made between the save and the bug.
Then I can reproduce them and see if the bug happens again
After that, my job is finding the "WHY"

======================================================================================================================
3rd point: Modder optimism/pessimism
As a human person (I was once told that geeks are still humans :p), my efficiency and confidence depend on my optimism.
Don't just tell me what is wrong. For each line of my changelog, I would really enjoy that someone tells me it solved the bug for him too.
Thanks in advance.
Ronkhar

edited: many times for updates, readability, and typos

Top Bottom