Which VICTORY CONDITION is most fun to pursue?

Ok... I admit. I'm the kind of player who gets bored by INDUSTRIAL age and just restarts, hence, I have yet to experience anything in BNW beyond that age. I am currently playing a fun cultural game as Poland and wanted to ask: Which victory path is the most fun/rewarding to play in BNW, regardless of chosen CIV? Domination? Culture? Diplomatic? Scientific? and why?

In response to the OP...

I think you're missing the point if you discount what each civ brings to the table. While its possible to win all types of VC with anyone...part of the charm of civ is how each civ handles the mechanics of the game.

Can you really tell me that morocco and Venice, both being well suited to diplo victory (by money + trade routes) will both play the same way to achieve the diplo victory? I could go on with my examples.

That being said, I find domination to be an ever elusive, yet attractive VC. It's hard to get the momentum, yet on some viva and map types, I feel like it can be one of the more unpredictable ways to achieve a win.

Domination is definitely the most difficult to achieve (depending on map size). Cultural victory is also quite difficult, as there always seems to be 1 or 2 civs that are striving for the a CV. And it is hard to become influential with other civs going for CV. Tech and Diplo are much easier to achieve, and I end up winning from one of those two in the end. In order of difficulty from difficult to simple, I think the victory conditions go:

Domination > Cultural > Diplo > Tech

Of course, these are slightly interchangeable depending on each game. Domination and cultural can switch (depending on map size and how other civs play). Diplo and tech are dependent on if other civs are stealing city states from you, or if you lose world congress control from the start.

In terms of the most fun to pursue, I think domination as it requires to you carefully manage every aspect of the game to achieve. You have to maintain friends for trade routes, control world congress so no one embargoes you, and build up a cultural/tourism defense to prevent negative happiness while warmongering and taking cities. Going domination forces you to do everything.

For me at the moment it's culture. Maybe it's just because it's new but it's how I've won all four of my games so far. Whilst all the other victory types involve accumulating things (capitals, spaceship parts and city states), the new culture victory feels like a more natural reward for having played an all-round good game.

The most fun is manipulating the World Congress to screw the other guy. Its much more rewarding than pure combat.

Top Bottom