Voting for World Congress Host

Dux1

Warlord
Just a quick question: Are there any circumstances under which the AI does not vote for itself to become host? As a player, if I know that I cannot win by voting myself as host, I will typically vote for an AI player with whom I wish to improve diplomatic relations. Does the AI ever employ reasoning like this, or does it simply cast every vote for itself, every time?

They seem to only vote for themselves, as far as I've seen, even when they have no chance of winning the vote.

I actually think for the player it's probably better to never vote for yourself - the diplo bonus for voting for someone else is much more useful than the extra votes.

It's stupid. IMO, if the AI calculates it has no chance of winning, it should vote for someone that would likely put proposals in their favor. It would make the World Congress much more dynamic.

On another note, the World Leader vote should also be tweaked so that all players can vote AGAINST another player instead of voting for themselves. Right now, if Alexander is in the game, he is basically guaranteed a Diplomatic victory if he is not crippled or wiped out entirely before then.

It's stupid. IMO, if the AI calculates it has no chance of winning, it should vote for someone that would likely put proposals in their favor. It would make the World Congress much more dynamic.

Agreed.

It seems pointless to even vote when its just going to be the Civ with the most votes every time.

Top Bottom