One hit wonder victories

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
I was wondering if people also have been victories for a limited time in the most difficult settings ever and wasn't able to be victorious again. For example, I have been victorious with immortal difficulty a few times and deity difficulty even fewer times. Has anyone else not been able to obtain a difficult victory more than once at least?

This sounds a lot like one your starts was so good that amounted to being a full difficulty level easier than normal.

That can easily happen, especially if playing Spain.

My first game on Emperor was a cakewalk Culture Victory in G&K with the Celts, where I started on an Island all to myself. It had just enough room for 4 cities and I built up a large enough navy to defend myself.

I thought I was officially an Emperor level player from now on. Unfortunately, I've only won one more Emperor game since then, so I was knocked off my high horse. I'm now back down on King trying to hone my skills.

Changes in version can have an effect to. In Civ V vanilla I found cultural victories to be a cakewalk on deity, and had to relearn how to play a little when they changed things around. Changing policy trees turned me from being a Liberty player to a Tradition one. Composite Bowmen changed the conquest game. Science penalties made me think tall rather than wide. Religion was a big one too - a new set of advantages that at the highest levels only the AI gets to abuse.

Each major change in the game mechanics introduces new challenges and makes Deity a little harder, I think, though a few options (poweful units especially) did make the game easier.

i find that when i start isolated on a GOOD starting location and surroundings, i end up doing well. Because i end up developing my navy so that nobody can invade me.

And u know what CIV 5 is famous for? Its AI is crap at naval warfare~
Couple of battleships and submarines and i m emperor

I'm actually the opposite. Whenever I start games where i'm isolated and I don't have early contact with 3-4 AI, i tend to lag significantly behind.

I'm actually the opposite. Whenever I start games where i'm isolated and I don't have early contact with 3-4 AI, i tend to lag significantly behind.

Same here. I hate isolated starts. Not being able to trade really hurts, and it seems like you suffer from not having the science benefit of the other already researched techs that you get from contact.

Top Bottom