Yokaido

mimic

Magic Box
The Yokaido [Vers. 1]

For FfH2 41 d
Download

BestiaryofErebus said:
Cambion- The product of a demonic and a mortal parent. Just as the unions of angelic and human parents wasn’t uncommon before the compact was signed, neither were births between demons and humans. As with the Aasimar demons often take great interest in those who share their bloodline.

The Yokaido are very pro ashen veil but they don't seek to end the world merely to subjugate every living thing under Cambion control, the teachings of Cassiel are an insult to them (being of "divine" blood) most of the Yokaido are human though but apart from several human Profanes and Takezo, no mortal has any real power in Cambion lands.

For war they breed giant snakes which are captured from the marshes bordering Yokaido land, these beasts replace their cavalry line, the greatest of them becoming Midgardsomr. Easily standing 30 feet tall, a hissing tower of teeth and poison breath its a monster few can face.

Leader(s)

Onimusha
Spoiler :

Onimusha sat lounged on the throne, he listened to the advisors story with apparent disinterest.

"Do any of the snakes yet live?"

"M-my lord, Bertha was badly burned in the explosion but she will survive"

"Then have her track this Carrow down and break every bone in his body! he must still be in Yokaido territory, the marshes are impossibel to travel through with the goblin army of Deremei Diranth camped there"

"At once my lord! but....there is one more thing, all our outposts bordering the marshes have been destroyed"

Onimusha sighed, how could they have let puny goblins defeat them? these mortals were weaker than he thought.

"How did this come to be, Liethe?"

"Th-the goblin horde seems to be without end lord, and they employ ogres!"

"Hmph! these goblins will soon learn to fear us, the marshes have long been OUR hunting ground and the midgarsomr will rise up from the swamps on my command and eat every last one of them!" he rose up from his throne and his eyes blazed red, Liethe dropped to one knee not daring to look up lest he incur his lords wrath.

"Deploy the Samurai and Ritualists, we will drive these pathetic greenskins from our lands"

Traits: Aggressive/Spiritual

Features:

UB Snake Pit replaces stable, Poison Blade can be bought for 20 gold for recon and building gives +1 food but +1 unhealthiness.

Zolom, Mulsomr, Midgardsomr
Snakes on a plain.

Ronin mercenary UU
Has hidden nat and can explore rival territory.

Samurai champion UU
Gets a bonus vs other champion units and gets 2 first strikes.

Assassin UU: Ninja
Can use "smoke bomb" that gives recon units in the stack 100% withdraw, it can only be used once per ninja.

Shadow UU: Shadow Ninja
Can use shadow magic.

Hero

Takezo

Wields the demonic blade (equipment) Masamune that also gives the Whirling Blade ability (acts like ring of fire but does physical damage)

Masamune- fallen angel of Force/Dagda and stuck inside a sword, since he fell he is always about breaking contracts and imbalance, Therefore he only lets the strongest wield him but he could turn his back on them at any time.

They have no worldspell.

Enjoy :goodjob: I love feedback so please give me your honest opinion and any ideas you might have for them.

Download Here

Attachments

• berserker.JPG
    berserker.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 946
the giant snakes replace their bonus vs archers with a universal 25% vs horses. Also, part of their strength is poison, so its easier to resist, yet they are immune to poison.

Cold damage does extra damage to snake units, as well, due to their physiology. The Knight replacer will have one or two abilities for the offensive, while the smaller horsearcher replacement will have a slither ability which is prime for running away after a close battle.

Here is a rough draft for the Flag. Laugh, I know, B/C laughter is how I make a better flag XD

Attachments

• Market Management.jpg
    Market Management.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Ninja Eyes wider.jpg
    Ninja Eyes wider.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Shadow Flame Ninja wider.jpg
    Shadow Flame Ninja wider.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Yoikaido Teamcolor.jpg
    Yoikaido Teamcolor.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Yoikaido Teamcolor2.jpg
    Yoikaido Teamcolor2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 92
  • Yoikaido Teamcolor3.jpg
    Yoikaido Teamcolor3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 100
they could also have animal stealth I guess, like spiders, to make things more interesting, and they should probably be beast units.

well, they will probably be Mounted Unitcombat. It depends though, are warelephants mounted or beast? is there a both option? The WILL have a snake racial promo, once its made, which will give them poison immunity, -40% cold resist, +10% marsh att/def, +10% jungle att/def.

Not sure if they need a beast unitcombat, except maybe the Knight UU, the Midgardsomr

They are mounted unitcombat but Zoloms are animals, the Midgardsomr is a beast, I was toying with the idea of making them invisisble but they already get a bunch of other stuff so it would probably be op, The snake promos done.

I like these flags.

However this one might be better overall since the demon can just be teamcolor, making it a lot simpler looking and it fits in with the flags of other civs.

Hehe I didn't realize Giant Snakes were so popular :lol:

Flag in game, thanks Tasunke :D all the other stuff you put on it didn't show up, strange.

Attachments

• FlagInGame.JPG
    FlagInGame.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 495
Why do they have a problem with Cassiel/Grigori? It seems like they would be a little more concerned with, say, Basium and his merry bands of angels. Not a criticism, just curious about the lore.

Well it's all to do with the compact and they are closer to Grigori so it's easier for them to fight, but yeah they aren't too fond of Basium either :p

[SHAMELESS]Just kind of a plug for both me and mimic. The Yokaido are now in play in my Mega Story so if you'd like to get a better idea of what they're like, read the stories mimic has written and any more that may be written. Continue.[/SHAMELESS]

:p

The more people use giant snakes, the more likely some artist will make them. :lol:

Speaking of which...perhaps one of you graphic wizards out there can help me out?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=263550

This is the snake unit I want to use by sakhr, the snake without the guy on it cant be downloaded however so if someone could take the guy off it and send it to me, I'd be very grateful :)
It should probably use the war elephant animations also..

I don't like that snake, mostly because it glides along the ground and makes elephant noises. :lol: I'd actually removed the rider on it a long time ago, to possibly use in Doviello+.... Don't have it anymore, sadly.

I'm hoping that the animation for the Kuriotate Arcane line is finished sometime, so that can be adapted to an actual snake.

Top Bottom