Wild Mana for FFH 2

[to_xp]Gekko;9449313 said:
the skin going back to their previous self thingie is probably just you ticking the "freeze animations" option.

and, you still haven't seen the best feature of Wild Mana: post a save game right before your freezing issue and it will get fixed ASAP! you are using the latest 8.34 version, right?

hye gekko.... are u using any tools for fixing a savegame ???? i got many broken saves--- can i fix this for myself ???

you can't fix a savegame because it's not broken ;)

what Sephi can do if you provide a savegame with a repeatable crash, is to create a patch that will solve the crash.

not sure if this applies to this particular case since he's deep into development of 9.0 now, but nevertheless do post your savegames as they are the most useful thing to debug the mod!

Use the combination to open the options screen of BUG, then go through the tabs to remove the tick at "Display BUG reminder" or so. Think it's the final tab; the name is quite obvious.

I've looked through all the tabs and I can't find anything like "display BUG reminder" to turn it off! I know I must be really dumb, but could you tell me exactly which tab and what it says?

I've looked through all the tabs and I can't find anything like "display BUG reminder" to turn it off! I know I must be really dumb, but could you tell me exactly which tab and what it says?

yep..last tab :goodjob: use the arrows to reach it !!!!

Hi, I'm a long time lurker but I registered to ask a question which may or may not have an obvious answer. Is there a reason why my Warrior units automate themselves? Because it seems random to me, and I can't shut them off once they start. It's kind of a problem when my cities are undefended because my army feels like strolling the countryside, usually to get eaten by something.

I should mention that I'm pretty new to this mod and FFH in general, so there's the possibility that I'm an idiot for missing something obvious. Great mod by the way, I'm still getting a feel for it but I see myself playing this one exclusively for awhile.

Hi, I'm a long time lurker but I registered to ask a question which may or may not have an obvious answer. Is there a reason why my Warrior units automate themselves? Because it seems random to me, and I can't shut them off once they start. It's kind of a problem when my cities are undefended because my army feels like strolling the countryside, usually to get eaten by something.

I should mention that I'm pretty new to this mod and FFH in general, so there's the possibility that I'm an idiot for missing something obvious. Great mod by the way, I'm still getting a feel for it but I see myself playing this one exclusively for awhile.

I've never had a warrior automate without me telling him to, in this mod or elsewhere. In general to get automated units to stop if you click the button by accident, you have to click the cancel automation button (red circle with a slash through). Even manually moving an automated unit will not clear the order, and it will return to automation once it executes the order you told it to do. Hope this helps!

@Clearbeard: Yeah, it was doing it without me even touching anything and canceling had no effect but I appreciate the help nonetheless.

@Valkrionn: Ha, I guess I'm an idiot then because that seems to be the case! Can't believe I missed that, I knew that promotion was trouble. I don't remember how or why I got that promotion, but oh well.
Ugh, I'm getting pretty sick of Faeryl anyway.

Thanks.

Hi,
first of all, i know there is no german translation for Wild Mana. (at least none i know of).
So i was surprised as some of the texts are shown in german.
right now, some of the texts are german , some are english which is just fine as i understand both.
But the "Umlaute" (= mutated vowels) in the german texts aren't displayed correctly.
The problem:
"ä" is shown as ä
"Ä" is shown as Ä
"ö" is shown as ö
"Ö" is shown as Ö
"ü" is shown as ü
"Ü" is shown as Ü
"ß" is shown as ß

Example: Hofbräuhaus ->Hofbr&aumluhaus (yeah, i know, no example from the game, but i don't remember one right now)

So, does anyone know how to get Wild Mana to display the German Umlaute (mutated vowels) "ä", "ü" and "ö"?
I think it has soemthing to do with the encoding standard used in the program, but i have no clue how to change that.
So, any suggestions are appreciated.
*Yvain*

It appears that the wrong HTML encoding is being used. Civ uses the numerical encoding version, not the "entity" (or whatever it is really called) encoding.

As can be seen in the regular BtS text XML files, the encoding used is "&#ddd;" where ddd is a 3 digit decimal number (it is possible that the hexadecimal version might work, but I haven't tried it). For ä the number is 228. (Technically it is a 4 digit code for the character from the unicode spec, but you don't need to use a leading 0. Also, I'm not sure if Civ will let you use any 4 digit values.)

You can get lists of these all over the web.
Here is the W3 list from the HTML 2 spec.
Here is a wikipedia page about it.

Hi, does anyone know whether this mod is still available anywhere? I cannot download the mod itself or the latest patch from the links provided in the header - both are dead links.

Hi, does anyone know whether this mod is still available anywhere? I cannot download the mod itself or the latest patch from the links provided in the header - both are dead links.

Have you tried looking here?

Hi, thanks both for your replies. I managed to find what I was looking for in the first link. I actually wanted to get Wild Mana, not Master of Mana - sorry I didn't specify. I tried Master of Mana before and didn't like it as much ... too much to relearn, I guess.

Top Bottom