Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

well, currently i'm using charged weapons as a +1 lightning damage effect; it's somewhat useful.

but the stun is also useful when you mass attack a bigger opponent (it's currently rare in game, but if all were to work correctly it should happen.), and you use high withdrawal units or cheap units to soften the defender / Archeron / Gurid .... etx (maybe stun promotion could also give -15%str -3FS)

but I agree with the conclusion. It"s the same for one of the Defense Discipline Class : +100%stun...
when you defend, if you didn't die, the other died or withdrawed with low low health... no effect of the stun. (however, for the lightning spells, it's useful as the unit is still alive...)

About units with affinity:

- If you hoard the resource, a unit can get stronger faster than tech-dependent units.

- Another benefits: you don't have to dedicate your beakers into researching military techs to increase their strength.

I don't remember if there are civilisation units with +1 affinity but increasing all units with +1 affinity to +2 affinity, and +2 affinity to +3 affinity or +4 affinity is easy to do.

Problem is that affinity resources are rather rare, and isn't affinity limited anyway? For what I remember you can get only bonus from max 3 resources.
I will still vote for changing arquebus to S12 unit getting bonus from military techs and no affinity. And could somebody tell me where arquebus data is stored? Only one I found is old one with S26.

Problem is that affinity resources are rather rare, and isn't affinity limited anyway? For what I remember you can get only bonus from max 3 resources.
I will still vote for changing arquebus to S12 unit getting bonus from military techs and no affinity. And could somebody tell me where arquebus data is stored? Only one I found is old one with S26.

The affinity was maxed to the tier of the unit, which does not make much sense after the non upgrading roster change. I changed it in the latest svn version though...

Have you given any thought to remaining civs roster changes?

And if I you could point me to where arqebus is stored I would be grateful.

I find that using any sort of flavor start makes Illians HORRIBLE right now.

Forced to use hunting guild to access your food resources. But you need priest guild to use any of your specific features.

Priests of ice not scaling off techs, and are actually very bad units by the time you get them.

Suggest givng them some sort of affinity for getting ice mana (+1 happy/health/faith per city per ice mana). Thoughts?

Have you given any thought to remaining civs roster changes?

The only ones without civ roster are Dural and Jotnar. I don't have idea on Dural (never played with them) and maybe will work on Jotnar first.

If you guys have idea on Dural and Jotnar's civ roster, their unique mechanics or something like that based on their flavour, do write here!

And if I you could point me to where arqebus is stored I would be grateful.

On assets/xml/units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml? IIRC, I have not modded arquebus.

Or try assets/modules/normalmodules/xtended/xguilds/XGUILDS_CIV4UnitsInfos.xml, just in case I have modded it.

I find that using any sort of flavor start makes Illians HORRIBLE right now.

Forced to use hunting guild to access your food resources. But you need priest guild to use any of your specific features.

Priests of ice not scaling off techs, and are actually very bad units by the time you get them.

Suggest givng them some sort of affinity for getting ice mana (+1 happy/health/faith per city per ice mana). Thoughts?

Will check on Illians!

Maybe they'll need some synergy bonus with Hunting Guild. Illians' Winter Blade is not there yet?

Priests of Winters are on the same tech prereq and on the same strength level with other priests, right? They come with their own spells, without having to spend Faith to get Sacred Knowledge. If they are somewhat weaker that the other priests in late game, well that reflects the nature of the White Hand as pseudo-religion, without God(s) to support them (Mulcarn was dead).

The only ones without civ roster are Dural and Jotnar. I don't have idea on Dural (never played with them) and maybe will work on Jotnar first.

If you guys have idea on Dural and Jotnar's civ roster, their unique mechanics or something like that based on their flavour, do write here!
I might be wrong but I kinda remember that Scion and Akristah do not have rosters...

Scions and Aristarkh have adopted new unit mechanic in Xtended 2.0, Mazatl in Xtended 3.0.

Xtended version 3.0 (updated 11 April 2015)
Changelog (released 11 April 2015)

1. Mazatl has joined the new unit mechanics with Blowpipe, Dweller, Basilisk and many more!

Version 2
  1. Adapted Scion to current unit roster mechanic.
    • Only Korrina as leader can build the Vacant Mausoleum and get the Risen Emperor as hero.
    • The Risen Emperor as hero can create Revenant after combat (this is the only way to create Revenant).
    • Only The Risen Emperor as leader can build Temple of Gift, Legate, Doomsayer and Doomgiver. Consider this as an intensified form of Cult of the Emperor.
    • Xivan can build the Lord Usurper, who starts with Hero, Combat I, Combat II and Marksman. You can get lots of free units by using him.
    • Ophelia has Korrina as hero, and I have not give her unique mechanic. Maybe later :p
  2. Adapted Aristarkh to current unit roster mechanic.
    • Skeletons are still using old mechanic: not scaling with tech and can be upgraded.
    • Vampires are using new mechanic: scaling with tech.

On assets/xml/units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml? IIRC, I have not modded arquebus.

Or try assets/modules/normalmodules/xtended/xguilds/XGUILDS_CIV4UnitsInfos.xml, just in case I have modded it.

There is no arquebus in modules, one in normal assets/xml is S26 one, and is only available to Dural. Current one is S12 with affinity for gunpowder and requiring it, witch by itself is strange because it makes it only unit in game that needs resource to build. It's also not present in modules/units.

Roster for Dural, my initial idea is something like this:

1) Warrior S7, no resources needed, +20% city defence, melee unit.

2) Swordsman S8, 100 metal, +20% city attack, melee unit.

3)Recon unit -Hunter? S7 , standard recon unit modifiers, bonus vs animals, penalty vs cities, costs 100 leather.

4)Elite infantry at focused discipline

5)Elite cavalry at Warhorses

6)Students

7)Professor

At probably others, I tried to utilize already existing units so no need for reskinning models.

Will check on Illians!

Maybe they'll need some synergy bonus with Hunting Guild. Illians' Winter Blade is not there yet?

Priests of Winters are on the same tech prereq and on the same strength level with other priests, right? They come with their own spells, without having to spend Faith to get Sacred Knowledge. If they are somewhat weaker that the other priests in late game, well that reflects the nature of the White Hand as pseudo-religion, without God(s) to support them (Mulcarn was dead).

Unless i broke something, the priests i get are Str 10 with no spells and do not gain str from researching combat techs.

Will check on Illians!

Unless i broke something, the priests i get are Str 10 with no spells and do not gain str from researching combat techs.

The Frost Speakers, which unlock with the temple of the white hand are quite weak but do have spells.

I want to propose also the adventurer...

adventurers needs upgrade paths... at least toward your own civ's roster.

I accidentally ended one of my civs "legendary quest" or something and I gained an adventurer:

his str was 17 ... with the +2 bonus from tech (about 10 or 12).
so it's a 7str unit... with no real other bonus, that arrives mid-end game.
and it doesn't upgrade to anything.
not really useful.

(I expect that the adventurer is tailored to upgrade to the Grigori roster... but if one can earn them by other means... it would make sense that they upgrade into other rosters.)

re Scions / akristah ..; you might be right... there weren't any during my present game.
and the last time I played MoM before that was around april 2015 so I might not have added the Xtended v0.3..

What is "roster"? Basic units or heroes?

For Aristarkh, I got two generic adventurers very early (turn 22), and they could then be promoted to two other classes each, seemingly at random. I don't remember what other options were, but now they are Bison Rider and Pegasus Rider. Which is weird.

Also, I got Nofuos and I think a Local Legend guy.

Adventurers upgrades are race dependent, you need cheek what race is yours adventurer.
Dural and Astrakiah gets adventurers because they don't have new unit roster or don't have units witch can gain experience at this tech level.

well, my adventurer had no race, and I was playing Hippus.... no upgrade possible, and I had unlocked all my roster (but no guild-units : no hunter/ranger/druid/caravan guard...)

Great to see you back Esvath!

Yey! esvath is back!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :goodjob:

well, my adventurer had no race, and I was playing Hippus.... no upgrade possible, and I had unlocked all my roster (but no guild-units : no hunter/ranger/druid/caravan guard...)

I'll check the files, but every Adventurer should have their race; even if they are humans, they should have their cultural origins and be upgradeable into those cultures' units.

Looking back at their lore, Aristarkh should not received Adventurers. I'll take a look at this as well. Mihoshi, do you remember at which point of the game did you get the adventurers as Aristarkh? Maybe you were completing a legend or something?

Edit: late game, do you guys find there are too many units a civ can support?

Yeah, but that mostly because military state. Late game it's not uncommon to have 15-20 cities, with military state that's 30-40 additional units. Second problem lies with stable because it gives +3 unit support and can be build in all cities, that's additional 45-60 units. Thirdly, although this is much rarer is belligerent realm enchantment witch also gives +2 support per city. Some post down are my balance propositions.

Solution is to stable requiring barracks (and cost 300 wood), I honestly don't know what to do with MS. Early is often necessary to wage quick war but terribly affects science and culture, that's okay civic works as intended. In later portions of game you researched crucial techs and guilds and can easily eat penalty for much greater army.

Top Bottom