The Werewolf Civ Mod

Hi, I think my question is similar to the above but installation is giving me some problems. My "assets" folder is over 844 mb. The assest folder given is 25 mb. When I replace it I get a bunch of error messages so I reverted to the other. I'm quite clueless concerning modding but 25 mb for 844? Please help if anyone can.

Hi, I think my question is similar to the above but installation is giving me some problems. My "assets" folder is over 844 mb. The assest folder given is 25 mb. When I replace it I get a bunch of error messages so I reverted to the other. I'm quite clueless concerning modding but 25 mb for 844? Please help if anyone can.

Were the error messages in Civ4 or in Windows? That 25mb isn't replacing the entire 844mb, just the files I changed. So you need to replace everything that it asks you to when you copy my Assets folder to your FfH Assets folder.

If you're not crunched for space on your computer, it really helps to make a backup copy of the FfH folder in case you need to go back.

Hope that explains something. Let me know.

New computer so fine I am fine for space. :)
I am just wondering, if I drag the new "assets" folder into my copied FFH folder and click "replace" will it not overwrite the whole folder? I have XP by the way.

Or will it replace only the files there? The errors came because I 1) Copied the folder 2) switched an assests folder in and took the other out. Anyway I will try replacing them again.

It will only replace the files. Files not included in the new assets folder will ramain unchanged.

I replaced the assests folder of the copy of FFH but it is the normal FFH. I think the shortcut is leading to the normal FFH file.

If you copy the mod to a different folder but don't redirect the shortcut, it will always still lead to the original folder (presumably the unaltered mod)

Right click on the shortcut, go to properties, the shortcut tab, and change the folder name after the equal sign in the target

There's a lot of extra junk in this mod, and I'd like to purge some things when I update it for .32. Does anybody have any opinions on what should stay and what should go?

One idea I had was to cut the Halfmorn civ itself. It really doesn't add that much; all the mod's goodies are in the units and Duin as a leader. An alternative would be to let Duin spawn as a new leader of the founder's civ. That might make things vary more, as long as there are no bad exploits.

The second leader, Emma, can go. At least until I finish her scenario (got a map, was making events but came across problems, then distractions).

The Moonchild unit mainly serves as a fallback in case all Duin's werewolves are killed, so he can make some more. But if that's the case then that means the Duin unit is dead (he should lose his traits), and so there's really no reason for the Moonchildren. Feedback about the strategy or flavor of these units would be valuable.

Honestly, I haven't had the chance yet to use the promotion-granting buildings, or the ritual, but I like the ideas.

Anyway, just thinking aloud. If you have any thoughts to share... well then, do.

my first thoughts about it:

civilization, yes, even if just to give them their own civ name for distinguishing them.. cities and buildings? no..

personally i think itd be cool if they had scorched earth trait so they razed all cities they take, maybe generating extra werewolves.

maybe the baron could act like a supply wagon thingy from the mongol horde scenario.. i.e. generate free wolves randomly.. the only problem then if you run out of gold from unit costs, but you could start them out with like 5000 gold, that would keep them alive for atleast 100 turns even with 55 units, and they can pillage and raze to get more gold

to me they should be more like a plague than a civilization, maybe even auto-war on everyone, and have a really high chance to make more werewolves from combat (even like 90%) but with a fair chance of them going barbarian more often. that way as soon as theyre in, even as AI, theyll spread quickly and spread as barbs as well

edit added:
doing basium a similar way with no cities would be fun too heh, with basium being where the angels spawn

Hmm, I think there is a way to trigger a script on a units death. Is it possible to have -all- werewolves die when Duin dies?

It would really put more character and importance into Duin himself.

Personally, I don't like the alpha werewolf/vampire/zombie stuff at all. It's a narrative cop-out to end a cheap story and sends the wrong moral messages about grief and loss. Veto :king:

my first thoughts about it:

civilization, yes, even if just to give them their own civ name for distinguishing them.. cities and buildings? no..

personally i think itd be cool if they had scorched earth trait so they razed all cities they take, maybe generating extra werewolves.

maybe the baron could act like a supply wagon thingy from the mongol horde scenario.. i.e. generate free wolves randomly.. the only problem then if you run out of gold from unit costs, but you could start them out with like 5000 gold, that would keep them alive for atleast 100 turns even with 55 units, and they can pillage and raze to get more gold

to me they should be more like a plague than a civilization, maybe even auto-war on everyone, and have a really high chance to make more werewolves from combat (even like 90%) but with a fair chance of them going barbarian more often. that way as soon as theyre in, even as AI, theyll spread quickly and spread as barbs as well

edit added:
doing basium a similar way with no cities would be fun too heh, with basium being where the angels spawn

I think I like the scorched earth idea. I definitely do when Duin's AI. I'm no great modmancer, but I assume it's possible to give new werewolves based on the conquered city's population? I'll see what I can Frankenstein.

The more I think about it now the more I think that you're absolutely right, Sureshot. They come too late to make any empire development worthwhile, and there's not much use to that being in a modmod anyway, unless it's super special. Good suggestions. Thank you.

Here are the changes I'd like to make:

REMOVALS
  • Emma
  • Moonchild unit
  • Halfmorn palace
  • Hunting Ground
  • Council of Matriarchs
  • Animal Testing Lab
  • New Moon

CHANGES
  • Feral trait won't have -10% research
  • Duin unit won't have Hidden Nationality
  • Mature Werewolf promotion won't grant Marksman
  • Werewolf promotion won't grant Cannibalize
  • AI starts with extra werewolves but no settler or peace with barbs
  • Chance to create RWs from combat increased significantly
  • AI will have no min population for using Lycanthropize spell (currently 3)
  • Duin starts at war with everybody

THOUGHTS ON THIS
What does it take to make a city not able to build anything, like settlements? Basically, Duin's cities shouldn't have any use beyond farming people to create more werewolves. When the human player conquers a city, they'll have the choice to raze it for the gold or keep it to farm RWs. I'm wondering what use they will have for gold. Military costs, pretty much, but does it make sense for this kind of empire to have to pay those costs?

I'm having some trouble getting Duin to declare war. I figure someone with common sense will know what's going on. Right now I've tried to make Duin at war with everybody when he is created, but perhaps on first contact would be better. Anyway, this is what I've added:

Code:
		for iPlayer2 in range(gc.getMAX_PLAYERS()): 
			eTeam2 = gc.getTeam(iPlayer2)
			eHalfmornTeam.declareWar(eTeam2, false)

This gives me this error:

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
CyTeam.declareWar(CyTeam, CyTeam, int)
did not match C++ signature:
declareWar(class CyTeam {lvalue}, int, bool, int)

And this is where my limited modding knowledge comes to an end. I'm gonna go play a bit, and read some more python tutorials before trying again.

that error means you put the wrong things in your brackets
heres an example of how declare war function is supposed to be used in bold, and the setup is the stuff before it:
pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
eTeam = gc.getTeam(gc.getPlayer(gc.getBARBARIAN_PLAYER()).getTeam())
iTeam = pPlayer.getTeam()
if eTeam.isAtWar(iTeam) == False:
if 2 * CyGame().getPlayerScore(iPlayer) >= 3 * CyGame().getPlayerScore(CyGame().getRankPlayer(1)):
if iGameTurn >= 20:
eTeam.declareWar(iTeam, false, WarPlanTypes.WARPLAN_LIMITED)
thats the event that makes a barbarian traited leader like sheelba have the real barbarians declare war on them when they become too civilized (you can find it by doing a search for declarewar in the CvEventManager), hope that helps heh

I actually enjoyed the Duin civilization. I built some massive empires after summoning him (as well as having a rather nice late-game of vampires vs. werewolves) and after they captured my cities I just fleed with Duin and started over -- eventually overextending the vampires and causing them to collapse.

Why would you take away the cannabalize/marksman that helps make this so unique? Also even if the citizens are basically used for farming, doesn't mean you can't have buildings to help this does it? It adds a touch of barbaric aristocracy to the werewolves that seems to suit the Baron very nicely. I love the violin music too. =)

My only complaint is it does not seem compatible with fall further. I'm sure a lot more people would appreciate the mod if it somehow merged with the others.

I actually enjoyed the Duin civilization. I built some massive empires after summoning him (as well as having a rather nice late-game of vampires vs. werewolves) and after they captured my cities I just fleed with Duin and started over -- eventually overextending the vampires and causing them to collapse.

That's really cool. Sounds like fun.

Why would you take away the cannabalize/marksman that helps make this so unique? Also even if the citizens are basically used for farming, doesn't mean you can't have buildings to help this does it? It adds a touch of barbaric aristocracy to the werewolves that seems to suit the Baron very nicely. I love the violin music too. =)

Honestly, I'm having a very hard time telling what fits and what's "because I could," as Kael warns against. This has been a real modding crash course for me. I'm glad to hear that you think the buildings and promotions were nice. Perhaps it's best that I gear these recent changes toward the AI-controlled Duin (e.g., always at war), and let the human player have some choices available.

What about the Moonchild units? If I'm guilty of overzealous modding then I think that's my crime. I think it's a feature come more of necessity (what to do when all the Mature Werewolves are dead) and cliche (werewolves+moon, more UUs), than flavor.

My only complaint is it does not seem compatible with fall further. I'm sure a lot more people would appreciate the mod if it somehow merged with the others.

It's certainly mergeable. I'll include an FF-compatible version when I sort this out. I like Fall Further, I just tend to play this other mod, I think it's called Fall Fewer. I haven't gotten bored with the regular civs yet.

Top Bottom