Wild Mana for FFH 2

I installed 2.1 a couple of days ago with .41d. It worked fine. Yesterday when 2.2 came out, I installed 2.2 and continued with my game. My mages and priests don't have icons for magic, other than the "every day" icons. The "every day" icons aren't acually casting the spells, even though I select them. If no one else is having a problem, then I'll do a new install and see if that fixes the problem.

Did the amurites cast their worldspells? (blocks spellcasting, but automate spellcast icons are still shown(should change that))

I will fix the automate production governour, I never use him so didn't realize this, should be only two lines of code.

I started a new game, found myself in a horrible position, and regenerated the map. I was then met by three messages saying Brigit, Loki, and Lucian were created followed by another three messages saying that Loki, Lucian, and Brigit had been killed (in those orders, if it matters).

I'm guessing this means that there is a problem with the regeneration of the map?

Just means those 3 units (on high difficulties they are all starting units) were first removed from the map and after it was regenerated they were placed on it again

I'm not sure if the Amurites cast their spell or not. I'll check when I get home from work. I've been playing this game for about 1.5 years now, you would think I would have enough knowledge to check for something like that prior to saying I had a bug....oh well, let's hope that is what is going on. Thanks for the help.

Just means those 3 units (on high difficulties they are all starting units) were first removed from the map and after it was regenerated they were placed on it again

Ah, okay. That was my first thought actually, but the messages seemed to be saying they were created and then killed. I couldn't see them in worldbuilder too, so thought they hadn't be regenerated. That's the problem with the really large maps I guess. Either that or I am particularly unobservant. :D

can you get a floodplain/plain tile for 4F1H wth spring if you're using advanced terraforming? if so, I'd take that out, it's massively overpowered for a lvl1 spell. aside from that, advanced terraforming looks awesome.

you can turn riverside desert into desert/floodplains, means it gives 3F compared to 1F 1H from riverside plains.

For riverside floodplains/plains you still need the nature III spell or the genesis ritual, just like in base FFH

Ah, okay. That was my first thought actually, but the messages seemed to be saying they were created and then killed. I couldn't see them in worldbuilder too, so thought they hadn't be regenerated. That's the problem with the really large maps I guess. Either that or I am particularly unobservant. :D
thanks, I will look into that. Probably the counter for worldunits needs to be reset if the regenerate Map option is used.

I'm not sure if the Amurites cast their spell or not. I'll check when I get home from work. I've been playing this game for about 1.5 years now, you would think I would have enough knowledge to check for something like that prior to saying I had a bug....oh well, let's hope that is what is going on. Thanks for the help.
Probably about 95% of all reported spellcasting bugs of FFH some modmod have to do with the amurite Worldspell. I haven't done any changes to the normal spellcasting.

Sephi,

The Amurites were the cause of my lack of spell casting. I've been burned by that in the past, I'm not sure why it didn't even cross my mind. My wife and I have been playing hot seat with base FFH2 for over a year and half now, wild mana is the first mod we have tried. We are now about 400 turns in and loving it. Nice job.

you can turn riverside desert into desert/floodplains, means it gives 3F compared to 1F 1H from riverside plains.

For riverside floodplains/plains you still need the nature III spell or the genesis ritual, just like in base FFH

oh ok, then it's fine! it's actually fixing a mapscript bug imho, desert riversides should always have floodplains :lol: nice job :)

argh, just found out something painful: sanctify doesn't have an option to autocast! :D and of course, even another option that works like autoterraform would be awesome!

edit: also loyalty and treetop defense do not have the option to autocast.

edit2: 50 turns or so ago, I had the popup "choose a free tech!" , and I'm pretty sure it came when I completed the tower of alteration, since the only thing in the game that's supposed to do that iirc is one of the towers. problem: the free tech comes from the tower of divination, and I still have to build that. so, it seems that there's a bug with the tower of alteration. btw, I think that "more mana" and "more mana from palace" should be 2 separate game options ;)

How do I disable the BUG mod? I think its messing with the FFH2 hud and i dont really need or want it. Otherwise this is looking like a great modmod! keep up the good work and keep the AI fixes coming! :)

Alright, well I just got my gaming computer back so I finally got a chance to try this. Several things I noticed:

1) Using the Regenerate Map option killed Lucian. I never saw anything saying he was recreated.
2) Spellbooks seem really overpowered compared to how easy it is to get(I turned off Deadly Mana for this reason)
3) On the topic of spellbooks, the Master of Divination ability especially has some flaws. I was able to summon the Holy Avenger with a mere adept. Not to bad by itself, except for the fact that the Pyre of the Seraphic was nearby. Summon Holy Avenger -> Sacrifice -> Repeat = Army of 10 permanent Fire Elementals by turn 300.
4) Your Gamefonts have not been reformatted for use with BUG, i.e., the annoyed face shows up as a health icon. Here is a modified version I quickly made if you(or anyone else) want to use it.

EDIT: The Gamefont I attached seems to make some civics look odd on the civic select screen. I'm trying to fix it, but FFH2's gamefont isn't like the normal civ one, so I'm not quite sure how to do that. If you still want to use it, go ahead, since you'll probably be looking at the leader attitude icons a lot more than the civic screen.

@MetalMilitia: if you press CTRL+ALT+O you can bring up the BUG menu, where you can switch off anything you might possibly ever want to switch off :D

nice work, Onionsoilder! those fonts were definitely missing. the great commander font ( a globe ) is also missing, and gets replaced with the spy icon. problem is, it's still not working correctly with your new gamefonts file. see the screenshot, Auric is pleased and hyborem is friendly, yet hybo has no icon and auric has both the friendly and the pleased icon ( maybe because he's agnostic and so does not have an icon for religion? ). as a comparison, I posted the same situation with the default gamefont file Wild Mana comes with. neither are truly satisfying tbh :lol: ( I have a feeling your gamefont is fine though, while the problem is somewhere else in the code. BUG gives headaches when merged with so much stuff as FFH has... it took a while to integrate it in FF just for that reason :D )

Yeah, I know. I just realized that myself(actually it was a different problem), I'm trying to fix it, but it might take a while - .tgas are a PITA.

EDIT: Actually, I wonder if the FF .tga would work for this?

Yea i tried that Gekko, much rather disable it alltogether. I see in your screenshots that your ffh2 hud is missing aswell so i guess im not the only one. I suppose I can endure. :)

First impressions, city placement has improved greatly, I frequently do facepalm at how stupid the AI does it both in vanilla and FFH2 so very happy about that. Sidenote though, Kuriotates are still behind, but I was surprised to see them place their first city perfectly, unfortunately the 3 next were just crap.

What is it with Elohim though? they seem to have a tendency to get stuck with just one city.

wait, what do you mean by "missing FFH2 HUD" ?

edit: wow, just noticed a very whacky behaviour by the hippus in an ErebusContinent map. take a look at the screenshots. the Hippus start in a nice position with coast, seafood, open ground and some space to expand. apparently though, the starting settler thinks it's crap and moves south, to settle right next to the bannor, in unfavourable jungle and 1 tile away from the coast ( dumb ). in the meanwhile, the starting warrior and scout stay perfectly still, and only start to move south towards the city slowly, together, and only after it is founded, leaving it undefended. dumb, dumb, dumb horselovers! :lol:

an unrelated note: the icons of the selected units ( i.e. the ones right above the icons for plot list enhancements ) , lack civ-specific graphics, like for example those of the grigori scout and warrior, are replaced with the ugly general scout and warrior icons.

lastly, a question: does advanced terraform also work with marshes? they are very annoying tiles, and on maps where they are present it would be awesome to be able to get rid of them with scorch and vitalize.

Top Bottom