Wild Mana for FFH 2

found out that the issue is caused by plot list enhancements, which goes kaboom probably when trying to update due to an acolyte disappearing and another one immediately taking its place. disabling PLE causes the error to stop appearing, and I'm pretty sure that the reason why I was able to spread order once without this error was because that one time it did not spawn an acolyte ( spreading order has a 75% chance of spawning an acolyte, or a crusader if you have fanaticism ) . btw, disabling PLE causes issues in the interface: the green/red dots in the lower section of the screen on the units icons, indicating whether they can move or not, show up further to the right, where no icon is.

I take a look at all this when I have the time. [to_xp]Gekko, do you have a savegame for that python exception? Anyway nice catch, gonna fix that one.

We had run into the same issue when Fall Further used PLE for a little while. You also get this when using a spell for converting a unit (Lichdom) or changing unit type in battle (Baby Spider or Wolf). The quick kill/replace is most likely something to do with it all, can't remember if we ever figured out a solution for it, but we did try quite a few things (I think a check for Delayed Death had proven semi-successful). Eventually this was one of the secondary reasons we dropped attempts to make it compatible.

umh, for some reason I can't build cottages on marsh terrain (ErebusContinent)

btw, games with barbarian world have a between turn time that's a lot longer than without. not sure if that's normal.

using Onionsoilder's gamefont file, the icon for Ale in the upper right portion of the city screen ( the one that lists resources available to the city ) shows up as a weird white thing.

btw, Auric just suddenly came knocking at my door with a stack of a gazillion Iron champions, all enchantbladed and hasted. ON NOBLE DIFFICULTY. I was not expecting that at all. OUCH! :D

one thing that would be nice imho is if the AI leaders followed more closely their religion flavours. in my current game, I chose Varn Gosam, Arthurus Thorne, Tebryn Ardbandy, Arendel Phedra, Faeryl Viconia and Falamar hoping to see them found the various appropriate religions... Falamar founded FoL, Tebryn founded OO, Varn founded RoK and the dwarves went FoL. pretty odd :lol:

[to_xp]Gekko;8293198 said:
one thing that would be nice imho is if the AI leaders followed more closely their religion flavours. in my current game, I chose Varn Gosam, Arthurus Thorne, Tebryn Ardbandy, Arendel Phedra, Faeryl Viconia and Falamar hoping to see them found the various appropriate religions... Falamar founded FoL, Tebryn founded OO, Varn founded RoK and the dwarves went FoL. pretty odd :lol:

I think the religious beelines got removed and thus everyone founds whatever the hell they want. Madness! Anyway, would be nice to have some consistency, seems everyone just goes for the early religions. They should go for something that fits their lore and their mechanics.

Come to think of it, in CIV4LeaderHeadInfosBackup.xml thers a tag <FavoriteReligion> which is just set to NONE for everyone. Does that work? Oh well, Ill try setting it anyway, cant hurt. :)

uh, favoritereligion is set as zero for anyone? that's why then. a small flavour should not force them too much and still have some lore appropriate worship.

I think there's some idea floating around that the FavoriteReligion tag isn't useful even though it's used to choose what religion to adopt... But the ReligionWeights are useful too.

One thing you may consider is porting to your mod my python code for AI_chooseTech(), the part for the religion beelines. I do some extensive check to see which religion a leader would most likely want to found. It's not really hardcoded as it is composed of many random numbers (so funny things could still appear).

one thing that annoys me to no end about magic: currently, if you, say, select an adept with, say, Sun I and an archmage with Sun III in the same stack, and then cast Scorch, the archmage will cast it, wasting his chance to cast a lvl3 spell for that turn and leaving the adept with nothing to do. I think that when selected in the same stack, the caster that actually casts the spell should be the one with the least XP to avoid this kind of stuff. also, possibly casters should not cast spells that are inferior to their tier level ( i.e. no lvl1 spells for mages, no lvl1/2 for archies ) , UNLESS you specifically select them and them only ( i.e. if you have a stack of 8 adepts and 1 mage, you'll have to select the mage to cast lvl2 spell, to make sure that you don't accidentally waste his magic on that turn with an inferior spell ) .

I don't mean to beg, but holy god, is there any way you can get Vehem and crew to integrate everything about your mod into Fall Further? This thing is absolutely one of the best modmods for Fall From Heaven 2 core, as always with your work, Sephi. I would kill for you to just port it up for FF, but I know you're probably too busy for that. Sigh. I just like Fall Further too much to consider FFH2 to be my primary game, but I LOVE Wild Mana so much! You've done just such amazing work!

[to_xp]Gekko;8275072 said:
argh, just found out something painful: sanctify doesn't have an option to autocast! :D and of course, even another option that works like autoterraform would be awesome!
Sanctify should already be included into autoterraform (that's why there is no autocast option. Can't you give an adept with Life I autoterraform mission?

[to_xp]Gekko;8275072 said:
edit2: 50 turns or so ago, I had the popup "choose a free tech!" , and I'm pretty sure it came when I completed the tower of alteration, since the only thing in the game that's supposed to do that iirc is one of the towers. problem: the free tech comes from the tower of divination, and I still have to build that. so, it seems that there's a bug with the tower of alteration.
There is an event that gives a free tech. I haven't changed anything with the mana towers or free techs, so it is either an FFH bug or something else weird.

Alright, well I just got my gaming computer back so I finally got a chance to try this. Several things I noticed:

1) Using the Regenerate Map option killed Lucian. I never saw anything saying he was recreated.
2) Spellbooks seem really overpowered compared to how easy it is to get(I turned off Deadly Mana for this reason)
3) On the topic of spellbooks, the Master of Divination ability especially has some flaws. I was able to summon the Holy Avenger with a mere adept. Not to bad by itself, except for the fact that the Pyre of the Seraphic was nearby. Summon Holy Avenger -> Sacrifice -> Repeat = Army of 10 permanent Fire Elementals by turn 300.
4) Your Gamefonts have not been reformatted for use with BUG, i.e., the annoyed face shows up as a health icon. Here is a modified version I quickly made if you(or anyone else) want to use it.

EDIT: The Gamefont I attached seems to make some civics look odd on the civic select screen. I'm trying to fix it, but FFH2's gamefont isn't like the normal civ one, so I'm not quite sure how to do that. If you still want to use it, go ahead, since you'll probably be looking at the leader attitude icons a lot more than the civic screen.

1.) noted
2.) what patch were you using? I did change spellbooks with patch 2.2. What especially do you find overpowered?
3.) thanks, definetly need to be fixed
4.) you would have to copy the happy faces somewhere into the gamefont file (but not over symbols still used (basically all)) and then change a little python in the maininterface (that points to the gamefont file)

[to_xp]Gekko;8276450 said:
edit: wow, just noticed a very whacky behaviour by the hippus in an ErebusContinent map. take a look at the screenshots. the Hippus start in a nice position with coast, seafood, open ground and some space to expand. apparently though, the starting settler thinks it's crap and moves south, to settle right next to the bannor, in unfavourable jungle and 1 tile away from the coast ( dumb ). in the meanwhile, the starting warrior and scout stay perfectly still, and only start to move south towards the city slowly, together, and only after it is founded, leaving it undefended. dumb, dumb, dumb horselovers! :lol:
The city location to the south has a food resource (AI starts on higher difficulties with agriculture for free) and later suger (blocked by jungle). Also it is on a Hill. And it has a rival city near by that the aggressive hippus could try to take early on. Questionable if it is better or worse than the starting location. But in many cases the AI chooses a much better location for their first city. It's not possible to make sure that they will always choose the best location.

an unrelated note: the icons of the selected units ( i.e. the ones right above the icons for plot list enhancements ) , lack civ-specific graphics, like for example those of the grigori scout and warrior, are replaced with the ugly general scout and warrior icons.
:eek: gonna take a look at that.

lastly, a question: does advanced terraform also work with marshes? they are very annoying tiles, and on maps where they are present it would be awesome to be able to get rid of them with scorch and vitalize.
yes, you can scorch marsh with advanced terraform (automated units will also do so).

[to_xp]Gekko;8277017 said:
I have to say I'm less than thrilled by the fact that barbs stay perfectly still for some 5 or so turns, sometimes more. it's very very weird to pop up defenders from a lair and see them stay immobile for a while... I think it should be changed back to the default behaviour.
I'll probably make them attack everything but cities/settlers in the first few turns. Or maybe they just get back to standard FFH behavior. The Skip mission for them was just a temporary experiment.

Is it intentional to clump a bunch of civs together right at the start?
No, they just look around their starting location and if they see a better location near by, they move to that spot. Lanun for example will move their settler to a coast if it is nearby.

Top Bottom