Platy World Builder

A small typo I encountered while incorporating the is RFC Dawn of Civ. The text in TXT_KEY_WB_FORTIFY are missing a t. They say "Forifying" instead of "Fortifying"

How can I form an alliance between players with your builder?

Edit: Found it.

I've tried to merge Platy World Builder 4.17b with Better BUG AI 1.02b and have had only limited success, likely due to my lack of experience with Python. The only common file between BBAI and Platy World Builder seems to be <Assets\Python\Entry Points\CvScreensInterface.py> so I copied the Assets folder into BBAI (all except for the file in question), then used WinMerge to copy in the Platy World Builder-relevant parts, but I suspect there are some lines of the BBAI version of CvScreensInterface.py that need to be deleted or commented out. As it stands now, entering World Builder utilizes the Platy World Builder interface, and I can use some of the functions and screens, but many tooltips are missing and I can't make any changes to the map itself -- terrain, features, bonuses, units are all locked on a default setting.

ModMods of Fall from Heaven 2 use a version of Platy World Builder that works great. In fact, playing ExtraModMod got me hooked on a more feature-rich World Builder. The description for Better BAT AI 2.1 says that it uses it as well (though I've not tried it to confirm), but comparing the CvScreensInterface.py files from those mods hasn't helped me. If I need to make changes to other files, I don't know which files nor what changes to make.

Advice from more experienced modders would be greatly appreciated!

Anything that has BUG disables certain functions in CvGameUtils. Check with others how to proceed.

Bug, bat, bull etc

Is this modcomp still being developed?

I just noticed that Tholal did not incorporate the Worldbuilder 4.17B update I provided for his MNAI FfH2 modmod in his last update and was about to merge it with his latest version for him, but thought that if there would be any improvements anytime soon I might as well check first lest I have to merge again soon.

(I'd particularly like to have a version of CvWBDesc.py that is more compatible with the FfH2 and its BUG components.)

Doubt so. No new feature requested, and I already uninstalled Civ.

Anything that is made incompatible because of other mod components, is not my responsibility.

How I install it with ROM AND2 correctly? (rand_full_installer_2017-05_rev1062) I have no interface when I start a sav.

You can't install them together. You or the AND2 team would need to merge them together.

You can't install them together. You or the AND2 team would need to merge them together.
sh***
is there anwhere an instruction or manual for such merging?
Would be too bad if no way. I like it a lot, it's much better than all other.

How I install it with ROM AND2 correctly? (rand_full_installer_2017-05_rev1062) I have no interface when I start a sav.
ROM AND2 uses the BUG mod. Platyping did not like the BUG mod so built his mods. Some parts can be merged others can't. It is not trivial.

I did manage to get the Tech Tree merged into C2C which also uses BUG.

ok, I'm just back to BASE.
Unfortunately, here on page 1 all the Spoilers no longer working. Is it somewhere to get in written form (i.e. pdf) or other dokumentation available?
Just looking how to set 17 religions for the 17 civs fix at start already. Seems in PWB is no way.

in the city data - buildings screen, is there a way to add a building to all cities without toggling that building off in all cities that already have it?
at the moment, checking "apply to all cities" and clicking a red building will add that building to all cities that don't have it - and remove it from all that already had it built.

(and it totally doesn't help that the city list at left jumps to pos1 whenever you select a city, even if that is way down the list on page 3)

When I try to change land tiles to ocean, I'm getting a shrouded area with the outline of hills/mountains as shown in the photo. The only way to get rid of it is to make it land again. Currently I can't remove land without getting this. Am I doing something wrong or this a bug?
(I'm playing this with Realism Invictus, if that makes any difference)
20200607_002905.jpg

When I try to change land tiles to ocean, I'm getting a shrouded area with the outline of hills/mountains as shown in the photo. The only way to get rid of it is to make it land again. Currently I can't remove land without getting this. Am I doing something wrong or this a bug?
(I'm playing this with Realism Invictus, if that makes any difference)
View attachment 558708
I've never played that mod or seen any terrain exactly like that, but I know that in general Civ4 tends not to properly update the elevation of a plot when you switch it between water, flat land, or hills. The issue will probably go away if you save the game and reload it.

I've never played that mod or seen any terrain exactly like that, but I know that in general Civ4 tends not to properly update the elevation of a plot when you switch it between water, flat land, or hills. The issue will probably go away if you save the game and reload it.

Thanks a ton! It worked. Never thought to reload it haha

I hope I'm not necroing this...but how do you delete a civ in this world builder? I can't figure it out for the love of money.

Thanks!

Top Bottom